Follow our daily selection of the best and worst of the Internet.
- June 18th is Italian-American actress Isabella Rossellini’s birthday. Daughter of Ingrid Bergman and Roberto Rossellini, she grew up with quite a cinematographic background, but did not approach a camera or a movie set until she was 28. She is best-known for her leading role in David Lynch’s Blue Velvet in 1986. Check out her new youtube channel, a series of humorous documentaries on ritual of motherhood amongst animals.
- Bashar Al-Assad’s interview with German newspaper Die Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung was quite an outcry, you can check it out here, where an English version of the interview is available.
- Over the last few days, unrest has started in Brazil, where people are protesting against the rise of public transport costs, but also more generally against the way the entire country is run. The Guardian has asked protesters to share their stories on a dedicated webpage.
- Whilst an agreement has been reached between the government and rebels in northern Mali on the presidential elections (that will occur on July 28th), a female Member of Parliament declared that she will run for presidency.
- Feminist organisation FEMEN strikes again: they protested against the Belarus president Alexander Loukachenko, calling him a dictator. Three members have been arrested, among them Aleksandra Chevchenko, co-founder of the movement.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Footage released of 9-year-old on firing range moments before she accidently kills instructor
- 2Boston bombing suspects’ sister arrested
- 3Islamists seize border post between Syria and Israeli-occupied Golan Heights
- 4Poroshenko says Russian soldiers have been ‘brought into Ukraine’
- 5Canada sends hilarious barb to Russia over Ukraine ‘incursions’
- 1#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians | euronews, world news
- 2Ellen MacArthur: making waves on a journey to a circular economy | euronews, the global conversation
- 3China executes eight Muslims convicted of terrorism | euronews, world news
- 4Putin T-Shirts flying off the shelves at Moscow megastore | euronews, world news
- 5Everything you need to know about the Ebola virus | euronews, world news
- 6Hoverbike on the horizon | euronews, hi-tech
- 7Ukraine accuses Russian aid convoy of stealing factory equipment | euronews, world news
- 8Massive Swedish forest fire is declared a national emergency | euronews, world news
- 9Risk of fresh ash cloud threatens European air travel | euronews, world news
- 10Man, 27, fails in suicide bid after tigers reject chance to eat him | euronews, world news
- 11Iceland warns Europe’s airlines of possible volcanic eruption | euronews, world news
- 12Beyond the subconscious | euronews, futuris
- 13Bardarbunga volcano in Iceland continues to rumble | euronews, world news
- 14Poland wants compensation from the EU for Russian import ban | euronews, world news
- 15EU’s Russia sanctions doing more harm than good says Hungary’s PM Orban | euronews, world news
- 16Romania buys into bitcoin big time | euronews, corporate
- 17Greek farmers suffer in economic war between Russia and EU | euronews, economy
- 18Turkey’s women have the last laugh | euronews, world news
- 19Hamas executes 18 suspected collaborators | euronews, world news
- 20Turkish ferry makes high-speed final landing | euronews, no comment
Wires > News
- 01:48 CET Silva widens lead ahead of Brazil presidential election -poll
- 00:56 CET Brazil candidate Silva says recession a big worry
- 23:59 CET Pentagon says Iraq operations costing on average $7.5 million per…
- 23:58 CET After hard bargaining, EU set for deal on new leadership
- 22:49 CET Rescuers contact 20 miners trapped in Nicaragua gold mine
- 19:51 CET U.N. tries to locate Fijian peacekeepers seized on Golan Heights
- 19:15 CET Islamist gains in Syria alarm some Assad allies
- 18:37 CET Silence surrounds Colombia’s 92,000 disappeared – ICRC