Follow our daily selection of the best and worst of the Internet.
- June 18th is Italian-American actress Isabella Rossellini’s birthday. Daughter of Ingrid Bergman and Roberto Rossellini, she grew up with quite a cinematographic background, but did not approach a camera or a movie set until she was 28. She is best-known for her leading role in David Lynch’s Blue Velvet in 1986. Check out her new youtube channel, a series of humorous documentaries on ritual of motherhood amongst animals.
- Bashar Al-Assad’s interview with German newspaper Die Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung was quite an outcry, you can check it out here, where an English version of the interview is available.
- Over the last few days, unrest has started in Brazil, where people are protesting against the rise of public transport costs, but also more generally against the way the entire country is run. The Guardian has asked protesters to share their stories on a dedicated webpage.
- Whilst an agreement has been reached between the government and rebels in northern Mali on the presidential elections (that will occur on July 28th), a female Member of Parliament declared that she will run for presidency.
- Feminist organisation FEMEN strikes again: they protested against the Belarus president Alexander Loukachenko, calling him a dictator. Three members have been arrested, among them Aleksandra Chevchenko, co-founder of the movement.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 1Topless FEMEN protesters storm German football TV show
- 2Mandela Memorial Sign Language Interpreter a ‘Fraud’
- 3Mandela memorial ‘fake’ sign language interpreter defends himself
- 4Uruguay makes history by legalising entire marijuana market
- 5North Korea calls executed Jang Song-thaek “despicable human scum worse than a dog”
- 1Mandela Memorial Sign Language Interpreter a ‘Fraud’
- 2Former Thai prime minister charged with murder
- 3Uruguay makes history by legalising entire marijuana market
- 4Social networks respond to mystery sign language and Obama ‘selfie’ at Mandela memorial
- 5US considers sanctions against Ukraine as Yanukovych’s offer of talks with the opposition is rejected
- 11:17 CET Japan should embrace nuclear power, government panel says
- 11:11 CET Insight – In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid US drone strikes
- 11:05 CET Suspects on run after breakout from Baghdad police cell
- 10:57 CET Greek police investigate arson attack at former PM’s seaside house
- 10:23 CET Irish government faces post-bailout battle to woo back voters
- 10:16 CET Asian nations urge peace in sea disputes, unlikely to blame China
- 09:56 CET Sicily police arrest family of top Mafia boss
- 09:54 CET Iran frees Slovak paragliders held in spy row