Follow our daily selection of the best and worst of the Internet.
- June 18th is Italian-American actress Isabella Rossellini’s birthday. Daughter of Ingrid Bergman and Roberto Rossellini, she grew up with quite a cinematographic background, but did not approach a camera or a movie set until she was 28. She is best-known for her leading role in David Lynch’s Blue Velvet in 1986. Check out her new youtube channel, a series of humorous documentaries on ritual of motherhood amongst animals.
- Bashar Al-Assad’s interview with German newspaper Die Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung was quite an outcry, you can check it out here, where an English version of the interview is available.
- Over the last few days, unrest has started in Brazil, where people are protesting against the rise of public transport costs, but also more generally against the way the entire country is run. The Guardian has asked protesters to share their stories on a dedicated webpage.
- Whilst an agreement has been reached between the government and rebels in northern Mali on the presidential elections (that will occur on July 28th), a female Member of Parliament declared that she will run for presidency.
- Feminist organisation FEMEN strikes again: they protested against the Belarus president Alexander Loukachenko, calling him a dictator. Three members have been arrested, among them Aleksandra Chevchenko, co-founder of the movement.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Ottawa fatal shooting: Police admit they were ‘caught by surprise’
- 2Revealed: Europe’s capital cities where it’s hardest to be a foreigner
- 3Official ‘executed by flame-thrower’ over links to Kim Jong-un’s purged uncle
- 4Another battle for Ukraine as winter approaches amid gas row
- 5Man, 27, fails in suicide bid after tigers reject chance to eat him
- 1Maritime drama deepens as Sweden extends ‘mystery submarine’ search
- 2German intelligence report blames pro-Russian rebels for MH17 crash
- 3‘Criminal negligence’ blamed for death of Total boss Christophe de Margerie
- 4Total boss dies in Moscow air crash
- 5Total oil CEO Christophe de Margerie dies in Moscow plane crash; snowplough driver was ‘drunk’
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Now is ‘right time’ for Catalonia independence vote, says Mas | euronews, world news
- 3Vatican rocked by another paedophilia scandal | euronews, world news
- 4Two container ships collide on Egypt’s Suez Canal | euronews, no comment
- 5British Muslims’ message to ISIL: Not in my name! | euronews, world news
- 6Sweden becomes first European nation to recognise Palestine | euronews, world news
- 7Algeria: ISIL offshoot releases video threatening French hostage Hervé Gourdel | euronews, world news
- 8Emma Watson threatened with naked photos leak after UN equality speech | euronews, world news
- 9How nasheeds became the soundtrack of jihad | euronews, world news
- 10International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 11Iceland volcano ‘pollutes Paris’ | euronews, world news
- 12Ebola: Six new suspected cases in Spain | euronews, world news
- 13European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 14Learning through “serious games” | euronews, learning world
- 15euronews speaks to Ban Ki-moon ahead of key UN and climate change talks | euronews, the global conversation
- 16Mike Tyson: ‘You learn humbleness when you get older in life’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 17US delivers technical aid to Ukraine but warns over security | euronews, world news
- 18euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 19Global warming to ‘cause 250,000 extra deaths a year’ | euronews, world news
- 20Battles rage for Donetsk airport despite Ukraine ceasefire | euronews, world news
Wires > News
- 02:16 CET Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- 02:00 CET Palestinian driver rams Jerusalem station killing baby
- 01:13 CET EU leaders seek climate deal, but are divided over costs
- 00:43 CET At U.N., China asked to back human rights case against North Korea
- 00:43 CET Canada’s parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby
- 00:36 CET Chinese peacekeepers expected in South Sudan at start of 2015 -…
- 00:12 CET Scion of Pakistan’s Bhutto dynasty throws down gauntlet to PM
- 23:24 CET Juncker defends decision on French, British EU commissioners