Follow our daily selection of the best and worst of the Internet.
- June 18th is Italian-American actress Isabella Rossellini’s birthday. Daughter of Ingrid Bergman and Roberto Rossellini, she grew up with quite a cinematographic background, but did not approach a camera or a movie set until she was 28. She is best-known for her leading role in David Lynch’s Blue Velvet in 1986. Check out her new youtube channel, a series of humorous documentaries on ritual of motherhood amongst animals.
- Bashar Al-Assad’s interview with German newspaper Die Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung was quite an outcry, you can check it out here, where an English version of the interview is available.
- Over the last few days, unrest has started in Brazil, where people are protesting against the rise of public transport costs, but also more generally against the way the entire country is run. The Guardian has asked protesters to share their stories on a dedicated webpage.
- Whilst an agreement has been reached between the government and rebels in northern Mali on the presidential elections (that will occur on July 28th), a female Member of Parliament declared that she will run for presidency.
- Feminist organisation FEMEN strikes again: they protested against the Belarus president Alexander Loukachenko, calling him a dictator. Three members have been arrested, among them Aleksandra Chevchenko, co-founder of the movement.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1European Commission presidency candidates to go head-to-head in first debate
- 2Russia: Politician’s extraordinary tirade at pregnant journalist
- 3TV newscaster keeps calm as quake hits Mexico
- 4South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 5Funeral for teacher hailed a hero in South Korea ferry tragedy
- 1TV newscaster keeps calm as quake hits Mexico
- 2South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 3European Commission presidency candidates to go head-to-head in first debate
- 4Russia: Politician’s extraordinary tirade at pregnant journalist
- 5South Korea recovers more dead from ferry
- 1Watch April 15 total lunar eclipse live online
- 2TV newscaster keeps calm as quake hits Mexico
- 3South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 4Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
- 5Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
Wires > News
- 06:00 CET Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine; China seizes ship
- 04:42 CET Malaysia Airlines plane turns back after tyre burst on takeoff
- 04:42 CET China seizure of ship could hurt Japan business – Japan spokesman
- 23:27 CET Ex-army chief, leftist to run for Egyptian presidency
- 22:55 CET Italy economy minister says 2014 growth could be above 0.8 percent…
- 21:55 CET Al Qaeda kills 14 Algerian soldiers in ambush
- 21:12 CET Boston Marathon looks to emerge from shadow of 2013 bombing
- 20:04 CET Technical problems delay reopening of Libya’s Zueitina oil port -…