Follow our daily selection of the best and worst of the Internet.
- June 18th is Italian-American actress Isabella Rossellini’s birthday. Daughter of Ingrid Bergman and Roberto Rossellini, she grew up with quite a cinematographic background, but did not approach a camera or a movie set until she was 28. She is best-known for her leading role in David Lynch’s Blue Velvet in 1986. Check out her new youtube channel, a series of humorous documentaries on ritual of motherhood amongst animals.
- Bashar Al-Assad’s interview with German newspaper Die Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung was quite an outcry, you can check it out here, where an English version of the interview is available.
- Over the last few days, unrest has started in Brazil, where people are protesting against the rise of public transport costs, but also more generally against the way the entire country is run. The Guardian has asked protesters to share their stories on a dedicated webpage.
- Whilst an agreement has been reached between the government and rebels in northern Mali on the presidential elections (that will occur on July 28th), a female Member of Parliament declared that she will run for presidency.
- Feminist organisation FEMEN strikes again: they protested against the Belarus president Alexander Loukachenko, calling him a dictator. Three members have been arrested, among them Aleksandra Chevchenko, co-founder of the movement.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 2Air Algerie plane missing with 116 people on board
- 3Air Algerie plane ‘crashes’ over Sahara
- 4‘Eastern Ukrainians ‘hate Russian-led guerrillas’ — Yatsenyuk
- 5Sudanese mother sentenced to death in Sudan meets the Pope in Rome
- 147 dead and 11 injured in TransAsia Airways crash landing
- 2TransAsia Airways plane crashes on landing in Taiwan, killing dozens
- 3#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 4Fighter jets ‘shot down’ over Ukraine
- 5Costa Concordia finally clear of Giglio, destined for dismemberment
- 1298 killed as Malaysia Airlines passenger jet shot down over Ukraine
- 2[LIVE UPDATE] Malaysia Airlines MH17: Dutch forensic team arrives at crash site
- 3Researchers reach mysterious giant crater in Siberia
- 447 dead and 11 injured in TransAsia Airways crash landing
- 5Ukraine: Black boxes recovered from downed Malaysian airliner
Wires > News
- 03:24 CET Al Jazeera journalists jailed in Egypt say they will appeal
- 02:39 CET Death row Christian woman flies out of Sudan, meets pope
- 02:12 CET Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali
- 01:02 CET Iran detains four journalists, three of them Iranian-American…
- 00:54 CET Sudanese Salafi group endorses Islamic State’s new caliphate
- 00:23 CET At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760
- 00:19 CET Rival Libyan militias clash in Tripoli, Benghazi
- 23:41 CET Mali, northern rebels agree on ‘roadmap’ for peace talks