Follow our daily selection of the best and worst of the Internet.
- June 18th is Italian-American actress Isabella Rossellini’s birthday. Daughter of Ingrid Bergman and Roberto Rossellini, she grew up with quite a cinematographic background, but did not approach a camera or a movie set until she was 28. She is best-known for her leading role in David Lynch’s Blue Velvet in 1986. Check out her new youtube channel, a series of humorous documentaries on ritual of motherhood amongst animals.
- Bashar Al-Assad’s interview with German newspaper Die Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung was quite an outcry, you can check it out here, where an English version of the interview is available.
- Over the last few days, unrest has started in Brazil, where people are protesting against the rise of public transport costs, but also more generally against the way the entire country is run. The Guardian has asked protesters to share their stories on a dedicated webpage.
- Whilst an agreement has been reached between the government and rebels in northern Mali on the presidential elections (that will occur on July 28th), a female Member of Parliament declared that she will run for presidency.
- Feminist organisation FEMEN strikes again: they protested against the Belarus president Alexander Loukachenko, calling him a dictator. Three members have been arrested, among them Aleksandra Chevchenko, co-founder of the movement.
- 1Disruption continues after travellers end French motorway blockade
- 2Poland ‘has located’ buried Nazi treasure train
- 3Martin Schulz attacks ‘cynical’ EU governments over migrants crisis
- 4Palestinian women and children force Israeli soldier to release boy
- 5Turkey joins US-led coalition in airstrikes against ISIL in Syria
- 1Poland ‘has located’ buried Nazi treasure train
- 2Budapest vigil for 71 found dead on Austrian motorway
- 3Disruption continues after travellers end French motorway blockade
- 4Germany wants camps in Italy, Greece, Turkey to sort through migrants seeking asylum
- 5Tropical Storm Erika threatens Haiti and Dominican Republic with mud slides
- 1‘Dude, I tried to shoot him’: video shows moments after train attack in France
- 2Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 3New York: toplessness in Times Square could change forever
- 4US shootings: suspect dies of gunshot wounds
- 5France awards Legion of Honour to men who disarmed train gunman
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 8Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 9Why World Elephant Day matters
- 10International news | euronews, latest international news
- 11UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 12Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 13ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 14Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 15Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 16Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 17As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 18Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
Latest world news
Migrant crisis: Joint border patrols by Bulgarian and Hungarian police
Cries of ‘Revolution’ at Lebanon rubbish rally
Destination northern Europe: thousands make daily ‘journey of death’
Turkey joins US-led coalition in airstrikes against ISIL in Syria
Alexis Tsipras appeals for mandate to complete political reforms in Greece
Wires > News
- 13:19 CET Egypt summons UK ambassador over criticism of Al Jazeera trial
- 13:18 CET Gunmen attack small Pakistani airport, kill two engineers
- 12:58 CET Italy’s Renzi brushes off concerns over Senate reform drive
- 12:53 CET Swiss reject Indian request for help in arms case
- 11:51 CET Huge protest in Tokyo rails against PM Abe’s security bills
- 11:44 CET French PM booed by young Socialists as party split over…
- 11:40 CET U.S. national security adviser discusses militant attacks in…
- 11:28 CET Egypt summons UK ambassador over criticism of AlJazeera trial