Stretching 310 metres into the sky, Dubai has officially opened the world’s highest twisted tower in the prestigious Marina district.
Costing 272 billion dollars, inside the 73-storey skyscraper each floor is rotated by 1.2 degrees to achieve the full 90 degree spiral to mimic the shape of human DNA.
Photo: Imad Marie
- 1Italian actor Bud Spencer dies at 86
- 2What will Brexit mean for EU migrants to the UK and British expats?
- 3Lionel Messi retires from international football
- 4Paris and Berlin agree on a strategy following Britain’s shock exit vote
- 5Iceland’s new President Gudni Johannesson off to France for the football
Wires > News
- 16:54 CET IS Syria stronghold Raqqa next after Manbij operation is completed…
- 16:32 CET Former pope Benedict makes rare appearance with successor Francis
- 16:14 CET Top U.S. Republican wants trade talks with Britain
- 16:12 CET Russia says U.S. warship in near miss with Russian vessel in…
- 15:51 CET Germany sees rise in far-right violence, warns of ‘terrorist…
- 15:50 CET French unions lead labour law protest before meeting PM
- 15:23 CET Jailed Bahraini activist taken to hospital with heart problems -…
- 15:21 CET Lebanon fears more attacks after multiple suicide bombings