Stretching 310 metres into the sky, Dubai has officially opened the world’s highest twisted tower in the prestigious Marina district.
Costing 272 billion dollars, inside the 73-storey skyscraper each floor is rotated by 1.2 degrees to achieve the full 90 degree spiral to mimic the shape of human DNA.
Photo: Imad Marie
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 2Ukraine: US, Russia and EU strike deal after crisis talks
- 3Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
- 4Geneva talks defy predictions of failure but will words turn into actions?
- 5A mother’s slap signals mercy for a convicted Iranian murderer
- 1Ukrainian troops allegedly desert to join pro-Russian forces in Slavyansk
- 2As it happened : Kyiv and Moscow reach agreement on de-escalation roadmap
- 3‘Rubbish’: Putin slams claims that Russia is behind Ukraine revolt
- 4Pro-Russian activists seize Ukraine armoured vehicles
- 5Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
Wires > News
- 20:07 CET Brazilian tycoon Batista investigated for financial crimes -reports
- 19:56 CET Pakistani police arrest 6 suspected militant assassins
- 19:49 CET Erdogan challenges social media in top Turkish court
- 19:17 CET Bomb blast kills 14 at mosque in Syria’s Homs – state TV
- 19:17 CET Besieged Muslims face murder, starvation in Central African…
- 19:02 CET Mega salaries are evil, papal preacher tells Good Friday service
- 18:45 CET Bahraini man dies two months after being shot by police – family
- 18:44 CET Algeria’s Bouteflika wins re-election with 81.5 percent – official…