Princess Madeleine of Sweden has got married at the Royal Chapel in the capital Stockholm.
She wed 38 year old Christopher O’Neill, who is British born but also holds American citizenship.
The Princess is fourth in line to the Swedish throne.
Her wedding was attended by some 600 guests.
The ceremony was held in both the couple’s languages.
But the declaration was made in English:
“You have made your vows, to one another. I therefore proclaim that you are husband and wife. May the Lord be with you and lead you in his truth now and always”.
After the ceremony, the newlyweds greeted the public waiting outside and the traditional royal kiss was well received.
Following a 21-gun salute, the couple are attending a state banquet hosted by King Carl Gustav.
The newlyweds will start their married life in New York.
- 1Pope Francis kisses hands of Holocaust survivors
- 23D, 360° virtual reality is ready to launch – on an adult film
- 3Bombing in Syria not World War III, says Russia’s EU ambassador
- 4Migrant crisis: Hungary poised to shut unofficial border crossings with Croatia
- 5Syria: We believe that Russia has the wrong strategy, says US
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 10Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 11Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 12Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 13Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 14[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 15Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 18Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 19Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job
- 20Hungary’s army can shoot rubber bullets and tear gas at refugees
Wires > News
- 04:47 CET Malaysia arrests lawyer critical of PM Najib
- 03:31 CET Australia, Philippines negotiating asylum seeker transfer deal
- 02:17 CET France train attack hero Stone stabbed in California
- 23:44 CET SpaceX raps ULA bid to get U.S. waiver for Russian engines
- 23:28 CET Insight – Collision course with a hurricane: How doomed U.S. ship…
- 23:20 CET In India, a test for Modi’s economic reforms and Hindu agenda
- 23:15 CET Myanmar official accuses China of meddling in rebel peace talks
- 22:28 CET Syria extends offensive to retake territory in west