Princess Madeleine of Sweden has got married at the Royal Chapel in the capital Stockholm.
She wed 38 year old Christopher O’Neill, who is British born but also holds American citizenship.
The Princess is fourth in line to the Swedish throne.
Her wedding was attended by some 600 guests.
The ceremony was held in both the couple’s languages.
But the declaration was made in English:
“You have made your vows, to one another. I therefore proclaim that you are husband and wife. May the Lord be with you and lead you in his truth now and always”.
After the ceremony, the newlyweds greeted the public waiting outside and the traditional royal kiss was well received.
Following a 21-gun salute, the couple are attending a state banquet hosted by King Carl Gustav.
The newlyweds will start their married life in New York.
Latest world news
Kenya burns huge ivory stockpile calling for ban on trade
Hundreds arrested as German anti-immigrant AfD party congress begins
Iraq: al-Sadr supporters storm Baghdad Green Zone and parliament
Sweden celebrates 70th birthday of King Carl XVI Gustaf
Iraq: al Sadr supporters storm Green Zone and parliament
Wires > News
- 21:45 CET Canada eager to consider investing in new Montreal rail network -…
- 20:58 CET Blacklisted oil tanker returns to Libya’s Zawiya port
- 20:11 CET Saudi hands over Houthi prisoners as Yemen peace efforts inch…
- 19:49 CET Obama takes final bow at star-studded Washington dinner
- 19:46 CET Aleppo bombed as Syrian army begins ‘calm’ plan elsewhere
- 19:18 CET Egypt puts on trial 237 activists for protests against Sisi -…
- 19:05 CET Germany’s Merkel under attack at anti-immigration rally marred by…
- 17:36 CET Serbian opposition rallies in Belgrade demanding election recount