Princess Madeleine of Sweden has got married at the Royal Chapel in the capital Stockholm.
She wed 38 year old Christopher O’Neill, who is British born but also holds American citizenship.
The Princess is fourth in line to the Swedish throne.
Her wedding was attended by some 600 guests.
The ceremony was held in both the couple’s languages.
But the declaration was made in English:
“You have made your vows, to one another. I therefore proclaim that you are husband and wife. May the Lord be with you and lead you in his truth now and always”.
After the ceremony, the newlyweds greeted the public waiting outside and the traditional royal kiss was well received.
Following a 21-gun salute, the couple are attending a state banquet hosted by King Carl Gustav.
The newlyweds will start their married life in New York.
Wires > News
- 03:38 CET Cincinnati gorilla killed after boy falls into zoo enclosure
- 01:10 CET Niger says kills 12 Boko Haram fighters in gun battle
- 23:27 CET Canada’s Trudeau defends assisted suicide bill as deadline nears
- 23:20 CET First tropical storm of year to threaten U.S. heads for South…
- 22:01 CET Vintage plane crashed in Hudson River during emergency landing…
- 20:01 CET Chile President Bachelet testifies in tax probe into…
- 19:37 CET German Protestant bishop wants Islam classes in all state schools
- 19:36 CET Iraqi Sunni politicians reject visit by Iran’s Soleimani to Falluja