An 18 year old has been left brain dead after an attack by neo-Nazis in Paris.
Left-wing activist Clement Meric, was attending a clothing sale with friends when approached by a group of three skinheads.
The group, including one woman, left and returned as Meric was leaving the sale. They attacked him and he struck his head on a pavement.
Teen Meric was taken to a Parisian hospital where he was declared brain dead on Wednesday night.
French Interior Minister Manuel Valls has stressed the importance of finding those responsible, stating;
“Beyond thoughts for the young boy and his family, beyond the indignation and strong condemnation, the most important thing now is the arrest of the perpetrators of this violence.”
Police are treating the attack as politically motivated though no groups have taken responsibility for the attack.
- 1Simplify MPs expenses to improve transparency, says campaigner
- 2Belgium gives everyone radiation protection pills
- 3Venezuela’s second city looted
- 4Berlin and Vienna pressure Rome to take responsibility for migrants
- 5A leading German politician says the country’s mosques should come under state control
Latest world news
Iraq: al Sadr supporters storm Green Zone and parliament
Drastic cuts in EU mobile roaming charges come into effect
Germany: hundreds arrested as anti-immigrant AfD congress starts
Rescue teams keep searching after deadly Kenya collapse
Ireland: Minority government deal breaks political deadlock
Wires > News
- 14:51 CET Air strikes pound Syrian city of Aleppo, death toll climbs
- 14:42 CET China, Japan more upbeat on ties but challenges remain
- 13:31 CET Cries heard as rescuers search rubble of Nairobi building, at…
- 12:53 CET Left-wing protesters clash with German police before right-wing…
- 12:44 CET Italy merchant ship rescues 26 migrants off Libya, others feared…
- 12:36 CET Russia defends intercept of U.S. reconnaissance plane over Baltic
- 12:23 CET Bomb attack on Shi’ite pilgrims in Baghdad kills at least 19 -…
- 12:16 CET Muslim prayer hall set on fire on French island of Corsica