An 18 year old has been left brain dead after an attack by neo-Nazis in Paris.
Left-wing activist Clement Meric, was attending a clothing sale with friends when approached by a group of three skinheads.
The group, including one woman, left and returned as Meric was leaving the sale. They attacked him and he struck his head on a pavement.
Teen Meric was taken to a Parisian hospital where he was declared brain dead on Wednesday night.
French Interior Minister Manuel Valls has stressed the importance of finding those responsible, stating;
“Beyond thoughts for the young boy and his family, beyond the indignation and strong condemnation, the most important thing now is the arrest of the perpetrators of this violence.”
Police are treating the attack as politically motivated though no groups have taken responsibility for the attack.
- 1Istanbul attack: suspects thought to come from former USSR
- 2Slovakia attacks EU post-Brexit direction on eve of taking over presidency
- 3Putin rejects new arms race and builds bridges with Turkey
- 4Critics round on Boris Johnson after Gove wields Brexit knife
- 5UK: who are the Famous Five candidates for PM?
Latest world news
Austria’s Constitutional Court rules that Presidential election held in May, narrowly lost by far-right candidate, must be held again
Firefighting plane lost in Russia
Will Brexit help him? Australian PM calls for stability ahead of tight general election
Istanbul airport attack: the suspects and the victims
Delight for Portugal fans after another nail-biter goes down to wire
Wires > News
- 12:22 CET Turkey says must work with Russia for political solution in Syria
- 12:19 CET Syria’s Assad: Brexit vote shows UK leaders ‘disconnected from…
- 12:16 CET Thousands protest in Hong Kong as China tensions simmer over…
- 12:07 CET Schaeuble wants to increase cooperation among remaining EU states…
- 11:57 CET Czech president urges referendum on EU, NATO, says would back…
- 11:54 CET Hungary jails 10 migrants for up to three years for border crossing
- 11:50 CET U.S. downgrades Myanmar, raises Thailand in human trafficking…
- 11:45 CET Tunisian prisoners tell of life with Islamic State in Libya