An 18 year old has been left brain dead after an attack by neo-Nazis in Paris.
Left-wing activist Clement Meric, was attending a clothing sale with friends when approached by a group of three skinheads.
The group, including one woman, left and returned as Meric was leaving the sale. They attacked him and he struck his head on a pavement.
Teen Meric was taken to a Parisian hospital where he was declared brain dead on Wednesday night.
French Interior Minister Manuel Valls has stressed the importance of finding those responsible, stating;
“Beyond thoughts for the young boy and his family, beyond the indignation and strong condemnation, the most important thing now is the arrest of the perpetrators of this violence.”
Police are treating the attack as politically motivated though no groups have taken responsibility for the attack.
Wires > News
- 01:10 CET Niger says kills 12 Boko Haram fighters in gun battle
- 23:27 CET Canada’s Trudeau defends assisted suicide bill as deadline nears
- 23:20 CET First tropical storm of year to threaten U.S. heads for South…
- 22:01 CET Vintage plane crashed in Hudson River during emergency landing…
- 20:01 CET Chile President Bachelet testifies in tax probe into…
- 19:37 CET German Protestant bishop wants Islam classes in all state schools
- 19:36 CET Iraqi Sunni politicians reject visit by Iran’s Soleimani to Falluja
- 19:26 CET Pope meets children, says migrants ‘not dangerous, but in danger’