Taiwan hosts Asia’s largest computer show this year as 1,700 exhibitors and an expected 100,000 visitors get ready to cram Computex – the annual showcase for the latest trends in the PC industry.
Amongst those displaying their wares, Acer is hoping to wow buyers with the Aspire R7 – a new hyper-flexible laptop, which can be remodeled into tablet, stand or presentation modes, and is on the market for around 750 Euros. As Acer president, Jim Wong, explains, the company is proud of the product’s versatility:
“That’s why we call it a progressive design. We try to offer the users the experience. They can move a screen closer to them, to really enjoy touch it and to type at the same time.”
The only car manufacturer attending the show, Ford, is showing off a newly designed dashboard which can play different genres of music depending on your requests. Punters can also get their hands on a battery-operated emergency phone which has two GSM bands, is usable around the world without a SIM card, and is small enough to fit inside the rucksacks of the most intrepid of travelers.
Elsewhere, Neurosky’s new headset explores the potential of mind control. Whilst users try and concentrate on lifting a toy helicopter, the device measures your brainwaves and heartbeat signals, and helping to exercise your mind. As Neuroksy employee, Lydia Lin, explains: “This headset can be used to train kids to make them feel focused. It can help them improve in their school work.”
And for those suffering from clogged coffee tables, there’s always a touch-screen equivalent, priced at a tidy 2,300 Euros.
- 1Three diverse European projects with a handle on climate change
- 2What’s the reality of Earth’s climate in 2015?
- 3Observatories combine to create a virtual telescope the size of the Earth
- 4Monte Rosa Glacier shrinking fast say scientists
- 5Commencing countdown – ESA astronaut prepares for trip to ISS
- 1Coordinated terror attacks leave dozens dead in Paris
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 3Bomb and several shootings in central Paris – reports of fatalities and injuries
- 4International news | euronews, latest international news
- 51000-year-old Bible found in Turkey
- 6latest sci-tech news : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 7European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 8world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast
- 9New temporary spiritual leader of Muslim Brotherhood appointed
- 10Police hunting Paris attacks mastermind battle with suspects in heart of Paris
- 11Middle East - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news
- 14Latest sport news
- 15‘Anonymous’ hackers’ group declares ‘war’ on ISIL
- 16Iraq: deadly car bombs kill more than 60 in Baghdad
- 17No Comment | euronews: international news images without commentary
- 18Humans consume more than planet can produce on ‘Earth Overshoot Day’
- 19‘Maxed-out:’ Jordan’s King Abdullah II’s frank warning over Syria crisis
- 20Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze