By Ioannis-Alexandros Ioannidis
22/05/13 15:04 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
A member of the Greek parliament from the far right party Golden Dawn has urged desperate people in the country to “kill those who are responsible for their problems” rather than commit suicide. He defines “those who are responsible” as bankers.
Ilias Panagiotaros made the comments during an interview for the Dateline show broadcast by Australian network SBC.
“Golden Dawn aspires to become like Hezbollah as a second government for the benefit of Greek citizens,” he added.
Despite Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard’s insistence that “these types of policies have no place in Australia”, Panagiotaros insisted that members of the Golden Dawn will visit the country.
Watch the video
Golden Dawn has been severely criticised for using force against political opponents and minority groups such as immigrants in recent months.
On June 7, 2012, during a morning show on Greek TV station Antenna, Golden Dawn’s Ilias Kasidiaris physically slapped a memver of the Communist Party – Liana Kanelli.
Watch the video
On September 7, 2012, Golden Dawn’s members attacked itinerant immigrant traders during a fair in Rafina, Attica.
Watch the videos
By Ioannis-Alexandros IoannidisMore about:
Wires > News
- 04:15 CET Clashes between Islamic State, Syria rebels kill dozens near…
- 03:38 CET Cincinnati gorilla killed after boy falls into zoo enclosure
- 01:10 CET Niger says kills 12 Boko Haram fighters in gun battle
- 23:27 CET Canada’s Trudeau defends assisted suicide bill as deadline nears
- 23:20 CET First tropical storm of year to threaten U.S. heads for South…
- 22:01 CET Vintage plane crashed in Hudson River during emergency landing…
- 20:01 CET Chile President Bachelet testifies in tax probe into…
- 19:37 CET German Protestant bishop wants Islam classes in all state schools