By Ioannis-Alexandros Ioannidis
22/05/13 15:04 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
A member of the Greek parliament from the far right party Golden Dawn has urged desperate people in the country to “kill those who are responsible for their problems” rather than commit suicide. He defines “those who are responsible” as bankers.
Ilias Panagiotaros made the comments during an interview for the Dateline show broadcast by Australian network SBC.
“Golden Dawn aspires to become like Hezbollah as a second government for the benefit of Greek citizens,” he added.
Despite Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard’s insistence that “these types of policies have no place in Australia”, Panagiotaros insisted that members of the Golden Dawn will visit the country.
Watch the video
Golden Dawn has been severely criticised for using force against political opponents and minority groups such as immigrants in recent months.
On June 7, 2012, during a morning show on Greek TV station Antenna, Golden Dawn’s Ilias Kasidiaris physically slapped a memver of the Communist Party – Liana Kanelli.
Watch the video
On September 7, 2012, Golden Dawn’s members attacked itinerant immigrant traders during a fair in Rafina, Attica.
Watch the videos
By Ioannis-Alexandros IoannidisMore about:
Wires > News
- 21:25 CET U.S. urges ASEAN unity on South China Sea ruling; warns China on…
- 21:15 CET Biden to meet Kurdish officials in unannounced visit to Erbil
- 20:18 CET Air strikes on Aleppo hospital kill doctors and children
- 19:56 CET Hundreds protest against student’s killing in Khartoum
- 19:49 CET U.S.-backed Syrian fighters battle insurgents north of Aleppo…
- 19:45 CET Police wounded, scores arrested in French labour law protests
- 19:34 CET Brazil prosecutors charge Rousseff campaign strategist
- 19:24 CET Mozambique boosts security in capital over demonstration fears