Protests have taken place in the city of Karachi in Pakistan, the day after a senior politician from the country’s third largest party was killed in a drive-by shooting.
It is not clear who was behind the death of Zara Shahid Hussein.
PTI party leader Imran Khan has blamed the MQM party, a powerful force in the city. But MQM’s leaders have denied responsibility and demanded a retraction.
“We demand justice. We voted for a new Pakistan, we want change but they just changed our vote,” said one woman in the crowd of protesters.
“That’s not going to work with us, we’re going to come out every night if we have to. We want to feel safe in our homes, own homes. We don’t want to feel unsafe and terror and not be able to come out. This is our country,” she continued.
Last week’s election handed a landslide victory to the Pakistan Muslim League of Nawaz Sharif.
But results from a handful of constituencies remain uncertain amid accusations of vote-rigging.
Re-voting is underway in others where security issues hampered voting.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Most Istanbul blast victims ‘were German’, says Turkey
- 4Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 5Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 6Partnering to grow Europe
- 7Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 8Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 9Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 10Merroussis clinches the 33rd Athens Authentic Marathon
- 11Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 12‘National’ funeral for Celine Dion’s husband ‘over the top’
- 13Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 14International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 15Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 16latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 17Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 18Middle East - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 19Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 20world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast
Latest world news
Nigeria: suicide bomber turns herself in after recognising relatives among potential victims
North Korea: broadcasts footage said to show latest missile launch
Christie and Fiorina pull out of Republican race
London’s Black Cabs protest against Uber
Jailed Spanish puppeteers freed after “glorifying terrorism”
Wires > News
- 11:18 CET Turkey’s Erdogan warns patience will run out on Syria
- 11:12 CET Any NATO refugee mission would go after smugglers, U.S.‘s Carter…
- 10:54 CET Auschwitz guard, 94, stands trial in Germany
- 10:51 CET Insight – Nigeria faces new rift over alleged Shi’ite massacre
- 10:41 CET North Korea says South’s pulling out of industrial zone…
- 10:10 CET Indian soldier found alive after six days buried under avalanche…
- 09:53 CET French left-winger Melenchon to run for presidency in upset for…
- 09:40 CET Netherlands to form 300-strong border guard for international…