In the 30th meeting between the two tennis greats, Nadal controlled the final from start to finish to win 6-1, 6-3 Sunday for his seventh Italian Open title.
Nadal improved to 20-10 in his career against Federer, and showed once again that he’ll be the player to beat when the French Open starts next Sunday.
It was Nadal’s fifth title since returning earlier this year from a seven-month layoff due to a left knee injury.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 8Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 9Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 10French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 11Latest News Bulletin
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 14Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 15Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 16At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 17Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 18‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 19Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 20Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
Wires > Sport
- 18:17 CET Bell steers England to victory, hosts take 2-1 Ashes lead
- 18:12 CET Jovetic leaves City for Inter Milan on loan
- 17:36 CET Argentine executive to appear in U.S. court in FIFA case
- 16:47 CET Favourite Peaty now a marked man, says Britain’s coach
- 16:34 CET Chelsea’s Costa and Cahill fit for Community Shield – Mourinho
- 16:30 CET No snow no problem as China’s financial might lands 2022 Games
- 15:27 CET Lausanne chosen as host city of 2020 Winter Youth Olympics
- 15:05 CET Brazil corruption probe threatens Rio Olympics preparations