In the 30th meeting between the two tennis greats, Nadal controlled the final from start to finish to win 6-1, 6-3 Sunday for his seventh Italian Open title.
Nadal improved to 20-10 in his career against Federer, and showed once again that he’ll be the player to beat when the French Open starts next Sunday.
It was Nadal’s fifth title since returning earlier this year from a seven-month layoff due to a left knee injury.
- 1Fifa suspends Blatter, Platini and Valcke
- 2Sochi 2015: Russia’s expensive Olympic village falling into ruin
- 3Djokovic takes the glory but both he and Nadal take the money in Thailand exhibition
- 4Greek freejumper delights crowds in Santorini in the Redbull Art of Motion 2015 finals
- 5Austrian climber first to ascend Lebanese landmark
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 10Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 11Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 12Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 13Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 14[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 15Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 18Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 19Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job
- 20Israel agents ‘incite’ stone-throwing in West Bank
Wires > Sport
- 23:38 CET Nonu celebrates with try in 100th test as NZ down Tonga
- 23:36 CET Ukraine keep Euro 2016 hopes alive with win in Macedonia
- 23:29 CET Spain secure Euro 2016 berth with Luxembourg win
- 23:27 CET Belarus win leaves Slovakia waiting for Euro 2016 spot
- 23:15 CET Aguero says he will be out for a month with muscle tear
- 23:06 CET Mercedes have the smell of success for Hamilton
- 23:02 CET Zlatan on target again as Swedes squeeze past Liechtenstein
- 23:02 CET Record-breaking Ignashevich helps Russia win in Moldova