After leading Paris Saint Germain to their first league title in 19 years Carlo Ancelotti is set to leave the French capital club at the end of the current season.
The 53-year-old Italian joined PSG in December 2011 after two seasons with English Premier league side Chelsea.
In his first year with the wealthy club – that is backed by the same Qatari group that own BeIn Sport TV who reported Ancelotti’s imminent departure – he steered them to a runners-up finish in the league behind winners Montpellier.
But his crowning glory came this campaign when under his guidance PSG won their first title since 1994.
The rumour mills are now turning at full speed as to where the former AC Milan and Juventus boss will go next with Jose Mourinho’s soon-to-be-vacant post at Real Madrid the bookmakers favourite.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2What will you ask US Senator John McCain? | euronews, world news
- 3Watch: Passengers ‘push-start’ frozen plane in Siberia | euronews, world news
- 4Back to School for Romania’s new First Lady | euronews, world news
- 5Le Pen: I admire ‘cool head’ Putin’s resistance to West’s new Cold War | euronews, interview
- 6European e-revolution people rise up | euronews, world news
- 7McCain blasts Europe’s approach to Ukraine conflict ‘a joke’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 8Which countries in Europe cause the most air pollution damage? | euronews, world news
- 9Moldova pro-EU parties take narrow lead in elections | euronews, world news
- 10European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 11Grenoble: Europe’s first ad-free city | euronews, world news
- 12NATO joins search for ‘Russian submarine’ off Scottish coast | euronews, world news
- 13Obama’s ‘risky’ immigration gamble | euronews, world news
- 14Ukraine reports accident at Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant | euronews, world news
- 15Crude awakening: Romania’s Black Sea oil and gas finds fuel Europe’s energy hopes | euronews, reporter
- 16Irony as organised crime prosecutor arrested for corruption in Romania | euronews, world news
- 17The American Century comes to an end as China becomes the world’s largest economy | euronews, economy
- 18International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 19Belgium’s former queen Fabiola dies at 86 | euronews, world news
- 20Germans demand honour for Turkish woman beaten to death | euronews, world news
Wires > Sport
- 15:43 CET Amla double-ton puts South Africa in control before rain
- 15:37 CET Palermo reaping benefit of Zamparini’s faith
- 14:58 CET Don’t ask about new signings, says Sunderland boss Poyet
- 14:11 CET Billionaire Hopp gets green light to take over Hoffenheim
- 13:46 CET England lock Launchbury to undergo neck surgery
- 13:01 CET Djokovic and Williams take ITF annual honours
- 12:46 CET British anti-doping body signs agreement with Crime Agency
- 12:30 CET Newcastle suffer keeper crisis, consider emergency loan