After leading Paris Saint Germain to their first league title in 19 years Carlo Ancelotti is set to leave the French capital club at the end of the current season.
The 53-year-old Italian joined PSG in December 2011 after two seasons with English Premier league side Chelsea.
In his first year with the wealthy club – that is backed by the same Qatari group that own BeIn Sport TV who reported Ancelotti’s imminent departure – he steered them to a runners-up finish in the league behind winners Montpellier.
But his crowning glory came this campaign when under his guidance PSG won their first title since 1994.
The rumour mills are now turning at full speed as to where the former AC Milan and Juventus boss will go next with Jose Mourinho’s soon-to-be-vacant post at Real Madrid the bookmakers favourite.
- 1European Aquatics Championships: Boglarka wins fourth gold as Hungary top medal table
- 2FIFA sack deputy secretary general Kattner
- 3The Corner: The winners and losers from Europe’s Cup finals weekend
- 4NBA Western Conference Final: Durant stars as Oklahoma thrash Warriors to lead playoff
- 5NBA: Cavaliers clipped as Raptors reignite playoffs
- 1Spills and thrills as Lorenzo takes lead in MotoGP
- 2From tatami to the red carpet – Cannes ‘in the shadow’ of Teddy Riner
- 3European Aquatics Championships: Pellegrini defends 200 metres freestyle title to add more gold to Italian tally
- 4Barcelona edge out Sevilla to claim their 28th Copa del Rey title
- 5European Aquatics Championships: Boglarka wins fourth gold as Hungary top medal table
- 1Federer withdraws from French Open
- 2World champions Germany and holders Spain name provisional Euro 2016 squads
- 3Sevilla strike back to beat Liverpool for record third straight Europa League title
- 4European Aquatics Championships: Pellegrini defends 200 metres freestyle title to add more gold to Italian tally
- 5Spills and thrills as Lorenzo takes lead in MotoGP
Fourteen Russian athletes test positive from 2008 Olympics
NBA: Raptors claw their way back into Eastern Conference final
Champions League final: Ronaldo limps out of training but insists he’ll be fit for finale
FIFA sack deputy secretary general Kattner
European Aquatics Championships: Boglarka wins fourth gold as Hungary top medal table
Wires > Sport
- 21:13 CET Doping will be criminal offence in Russia
- 21:11 CET Serena blazes into second round at French Open
- 20:58 CET Djokovic calls for ranking points at Olympics
- 20:10 CET Beijing medals at risk for Russia after positive re-tests
- 20:09 CET Injury ends Azarenka’s comeback in French Open first round
- 19:49 CET Moore, An and Fitzpatrick earn U.S. Open exemptions
- 19:44 CET Djokovic back in Paris to mend his broken heart
- 19:14 CET England’s Stokes undergoes knee operation