After leading Paris Saint Germain to their first league title in 19 years Carlo Ancelotti is set to leave the French capital club at the end of the current season.
The 53-year-old Italian joined PSG in December 2011 after two seasons with English Premier league side Chelsea.
In his first year with the wealthy club – that is backed by the same Qatari group that own BeIn Sport TV who reported Ancelotti’s imminent departure – he steered them to a runners-up finish in the league behind winners Montpellier.
But his crowning glory came this campaign when under his guidance PSG won their first title since 1994.
The rumour mills are now turning at full speed as to where the former AC Milan and Juventus boss will go next with Jose Mourinho’s soon-to-be-vacant post at Real Madrid the bookmakers favourite.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Podemos: Spanish indignation in Brussels’ corridors of power | euronews, reporter
- 2Israel announces it will seize 400 acres in West Bank | euronews, world news
- 3Watch: Angry mob throw Ukraine MP into rubbish bin | euronews, world news
- 4Japan sounds bluefin warning, calls for 50% catch cut | euronews, world news
- 5Iraq: Baghdad rally held against US ‘occupiers’ | euronews, world news
- 6Now is ‘right time’ for Catalonia independence vote, says Mas | euronews, world news
- 7New car offers freedom for disabled drivers | euronews, hi-tech
- 83D printing: a driving force in design and engineering | euronews, hi-tech
- 9Rise of the machines | euronews, futuris
- 10Young Yazidi girl escapes Islamic State kidnappers | euronews, world news
- 11Ukraine: Donetsk rebel weapons factory blows up | euronews, world news
- 12Algeria: ISIL offshoot releases video threatening French hostage Hervé Gourdel | euronews, world news
- 13Official ‘executed by flame-thrower’ over links to Kim Jong-un’s purged uncle | euronews, world news
- 14Vatican rocked by another paedophilia scandal | euronews, world news
- 15EU leaders name Donald Tusk European Council president | euronews, world news
- 16British Muslims’ message to ISIL: Not in my name! | euronews, world news
- 17Iceland puts on a show as two of its volcanoes spew out lava | euronews, world news
- 18The business benefits of EU chemical regulation | euronews, business planet
- 19Iceland volcano ‘pollutes Paris’ | euronews, world news
- 20#Indyref Live: Scotland votes on independence from UK | euronews, world news
Wires > Sport
- 11:36 CET Virgin Media complains to regulator over Premier League rights…
- 11:29 CET Australia paceman Johnson still remembers English taunts
- 11:00 CET Top seed Wawrinka humbled by local wildcard in Japan
- 10:29 CET Former England prop Sheridan retires
- 09:14 CET Beaten Wallabies come without baggage for Argentina date
- 07:52 CET Li named ambassador for WTA Finals in Singapore
- 04:29 CET Arsenal must now beat Galatasaray, says Cazorla
- 04:23 CET Ludogorets bid to follow in CSKA’s footsteps