A car has plowed through a hikers parade in Virginia, USA. Between 50-60 injuries were reported.
Witnesses say an elderly man was behind the wheel when the car accelerated and struck the crowd. He claims he has no memory of it. Police are investigating whether he suffered a medical problem.
It occurred at the annual Trail Days festival held in Damascus near the Tennessee state line. A young eyewitness described the moment the car hit the parade.
“We heard screams behind us, and he sort of pushed us out of the way of it, and all of us, we all looked back and saw…misery”
Mayor Jack McCrady announced that a donation fund was being set up for the injured, some of whom have no medical insurance.
- 1Dozens are killed and wounded in multiple suicide bomb attacks on Istanbul’s Ataturk airport
- 2Italian actor Bud Spencer dies at 86
- 3Suspected ISIL bombers kill 36 and wound dozens at Istanbul airport
- 4Terror in Turkey: attack at Ataturk airport leaves 41 dead and scores injured
- 5Feisty Farage tells MEPs ‘You’re not laughing now’
Wires > News
- 23:10 CET U.S., Russia discuss Syria cooperation if Assad halts some strikes
- 22:35 CET U.S.-backed rebel group vows new attacks against IS after border…
- 22:33 CET Italy elected to U.N. council for 2017 in deal with Netherlands
- 22:10 CET U.S. lawmakers push for action on human rights in Bahrain
- 21:59 CET Saudi Arabia ‘alarmed and outraged’ by rights groups’ criticism
- 21:47 CET Argentina, Peru seek closer energy ties with Chile
- 21:35 CET Nigeria’s Buhari urges Delta leaders to calm region after attacks
- 21:27 CET Trump raises questions about Bill Clinton meeting amid probe