As well as celebrating extending their shirt sponsorship deal with Emirates by another five years Paris Saint Germain bosses announced they would like to meet another target in the coming weeks.
PSG President Nasser Al-Khelaifi said they hoped to persuade former England captain David Beckham to continue to play a role with the French capital club after his retirement from playing at the end of the this season.
Al-Khelaifi said: “We (will be) discussing for the next two weeks. We’re gonna, you know, hopefully announce if we’re gonna reach an agreement together. I hope we will because honestly we want him. I told him, ‘The door is open for you.’ And he wants to be involved, so we’re gonna see how he’s gonna be involved.”
Keeping Beckham on would be another major international business coup for the League One champions following their reported 25-million-euro-a-year kit sponsorship extension.
Despite his waning on-pitch talents and now retirement the 38-year-old remains a huge presence in world football and the ideal global brand ambassador.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 8Latest News Bulletin
- 9French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 10Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 11Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 14Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 15‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 16At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 17Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 18Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 19Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 20Tsipras says if Greeks approve the EU’s aid plan, Syriza will resign
Wires > Sport
- 09:17 CET Heavy rain washes out second day in Dhaka
- 08:58 CET Doyle doing well in Denver, hopes for Ireland call
- 08:29 CET Japan boosts 2020 logo defence, Belgian designer may take action
- 07:14 CET Beijing says is safe choice for 2022 winter Games
- 04:19 CET IOC kicks off proceedings for 2022 winter Games host vote
- 03:11 CET Not so hard for ‘Big Easy’ after kidney stone worries
- 00:45 CET Rio de Janeiro beefs up security with Olympics a year away
- 00:21 CET No deal done to back Platini says CONCACAF powerbroker