As well as celebrating extending their shirt sponsorship deal with Emirates by another five years Paris Saint Germain bosses announced they would like to meet another target in the coming weeks.
PSG President Nasser Al-Khelaifi said they hoped to persuade former England captain David Beckham to continue to play a role with the French capital club after his retirement from playing at the end of the this season.
Al-Khelaifi said: “We (will be) discussing for the next two weeks. We’re gonna, you know, hopefully announce if we’re gonna reach an agreement together. I hope we will because honestly we want him. I told him, ‘The door is open for you.’ And he wants to be involved, so we’re gonna see how he’s gonna be involved.”
Keeping Beckham on would be another major international business coup for the League One champions following their reported 25-million-euro-a-year kit sponsorship extension.
Despite his waning on-pitch talents and now retirement the 38-year-old remains a huge presence in world football and the ideal global brand ambassador.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 6Why World Elephant Day matters
- 7Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 8Latest News Bulletin
- 9Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 10UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 11Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 12Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 13ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 14Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 15Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 16Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 17As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 18European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 19International news | euronews, latest international news
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
Wires > Sport
- 01:17 CET Sizzling Day eyes fourth PGA Tour win in five starts
- 01:08 CET Wales team spirit and work ethic gets them past Cyprus
- 00:25 CET Robben misses out as Dutch face tough tie in Turkey
- 00:21 CET How green should a course be in times of drought?
- 00:11 CET Wawrinka powers to victory over Korean teenager
- 23:40 CET Italy need over an hour to break down defiant Malta
- 23:37 CET Israel cruise past Andorra to maintain Euro 2016 hopes
- 23:31 CET Rutgers University football players suspended after arrests