He is himself a candidate in next month’s Iranian Presidential election but for the moment Saeed Jalili is busy leading Iran’s negotiations on its nuclear dispute. He has been meeting the EU foreign policy head Catherine Ashton in Istanbul.
“As an active member of the Non-Proliferation treaty we are ready to co-operate with the IAEA, as always, to keep the closest eye on Iran’s nuclear activities,” he said in an exclusive interview.
Jalili insisted Iran would enrich its own nuclear isotopes, whoever becomes the new president in June, and that it did not fear any enemy.
“The Islamic Republic’s military capabilities are so strong that no enemy could hope to pull off an attack of any kind. The Zionist state is at its lowest ebb; it has been defeated in much smaller wars that it started itself.”
- 13D, 360° virtual reality is ready to launch – on an adult film
- 2French Riviera declared ‘disaster zone’ after deadly flash floods
- 3Migrant crisis: Hungary poised to shut unofficial border crossings with Croatia
- 4Russian air strike hits terrorist training camp in Syria, say defence officials
- 5Refugees tell of ISIL brutality which forced them to leave Syria
- 1Pope Francis kisses hands of Holocaust survivors
- 2Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 3NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 4France claims Russian jets have struck rebel, not IS forces in Homs
- 53D, 360° virtual reality is ready to launch – on an adult film
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 10Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 11Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 12Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 13Denmark: launches anti-migrant ad campaign
- 14Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 15Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 16Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 17Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 18International news | euronews, latest international news
- 19Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job
- 20[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
Wires > News
- 00:02 CET Burkina Faso court charges general, ex-minister over coup
- 23:10 CET Portuguese president asks Passos Coelho to form new government
- 23:05 CET Canada wives join electoral fray but lack Michelle Obama’s star…
- 22:56 CET Ivory Coast opposition candidate suspends participation in…
- 22:43 CET Kerry arrives in Haiti to offer U.S. support ahead of elections
- 22:31 CET Jihadist threat posted online against Navy SEAL from bin Laden…
- 22:05 CET Pentagon calls Afghan hospital strike a mistake, seeks…
- 21:54 CET West, Ukraine, hail rebel decision to postpone disputed elections