17/05/13 03:04 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
He is himself a candidate in next month’s Iranian Presidential election but for the moment Saeed Jalili is busy leading Iran’s negotiations on its nuclear dispute. He has been meeting the EU foreign policy head Catherine Ashton in Istanbul.
“As an active member of the Non-Proliferation treaty we are ready to co-operate with the IAEA, as always, to keep the closest eye on Iran’s nuclear activities,” he said in an exclusive interview.
Jalili insisted Iran would enrich its own nuclear isotopes, whoever becomes the new president in June, and that it did not fear any enemy.
“The Islamic Republic’s military capabilities are so strong that no enemy could hope to pull off an attack of any kind. The Zionist state is at its lowest ebb; it has been defeated in much smaller wars that it started itself.”
- 1Dozens are killed and wounded in multiple suicide bomb attacks on Istanbul’s Ataturk airport
- 2Italian actor Bud Spencer dies at 86
- 3Suspected ISIL bombers kill 36 and wound dozens at Istanbul airport
- 4Feisty Farage tells MEPs ‘You’re not laughing now’
- 5What is behind Turkey’s recent diplomatic push?
Latest world news
Suspected ISIL bombers kill 36 and wound dozens at Istanbul airport
European Union leaders speak with one voice over Istanbul airport attacks
Stranded on plane during Istanbul terror attacks – euronews journalist reports
Anti Brexit voters march in favour of a referendum re-run
US college basketball loses coaching legend: Pat Summitt dies, aged 64
Wires > News
- 09:06 CET U.S.-backed Syrian rebels clash with IS fighters in border town -…
- 07:46 CET As Duterte takes over in Philippines, police killings stir fear
- 06:05 CET Exclusive: U.S. to upgrade Thailand in annual human trafficking…
- 02:23 CET Brazil Congress investigates lawmaker’s alleged support of torture
- 01:19 CET Dutch PM Rutte wants ‘binding’ assurances over EU’s Ukraine deal
- 00:15 CET Italy, Netherlands propose split U.N. Security Council seat for…
- 00:12 CET Clinton leads Trump by 11 points in U.S. presidential race -…
- 00:09 CET Canada presses China over reports of Hong Kong visa clamp down