Six people have died as storms have sparked as many as 10 tornadoes across northern Texas.
The hardest hit areas are the two neighborhoods of Rancho Brazos Estates and DeCordova Ranch, approximately 100 kilometres from Dallas.
Around 100 people were hurt after the tornadoes tore across the northern part of the second largest US state.
Authorities are searching for at least 14 people.
“The house started shaking. We were in a closet. You could hear it – it sounded like a train going off. It was scary,” one man told a reporter.
More than 100 homes have been destroyed.
The National Weather Service has issued a tornado watch for more than 30 counties in Texas.
Wires > News
- 09:28 CET Poland to appeal court decision not to extradite Polanski to U.S.
- 09:27 CET Two with Thai army links found guilty of attack on gold mine…
- 09:06 CET Japan erupts in anger over boy abandoned in forest after being…
- 09:00 CET Exclusive: Westinghouse to get new site for Indian nuclear plant -…
- 08:51 CET Spanish police arrest man accused of promoting Islamist militancy
- 08:42 CET Death toll from Russian air strikes in Idlib climbs to 23 – monitor
- 08:32 CET Hamas executes three convicted Palestinians in Gaza
- 08:24 CET Huge fire breaks out in Indian arms depot, 17 feared dead