Six people have died as storms have sparked as many as 10 tornadoes across northern Texas.
The hardest hit areas are the two neighborhoods of Rancho Brazos Estates and DeCordova Ranch, approximately 100 kilometres from Dallas.
Around 100 people were hurt after the tornadoes tore across the northern part of the second largest US state.
Authorities are searching for at least 14 people.
“The house started shaking. We were in a closet. You could hear it – it sounded like a train going off. It was scary,” one man told a reporter.
More than 100 homes have been destroyed.
The National Weather Service has issued a tornado watch for more than 30 counties in Texas.
Latest world news
Evacuations increase as wildfire spreads in Alberta, Canada
Six days on, survivors are found in collapsed Kenya building
‘We need everything’, Ecuador quake survivor tells euronews
Air strike kills dozens in Syrian refugee camp
Playing for Palmyra – Russia holds a concert in the ruins
Wires > News
- 01:34 CET Air strikes hit camp in Syria, US condemns Assad statement
- 00:31 CET Trump says Britain would be better off without EU – Fox News
- 21:30 CET Depression reigns as EU presidents debate future of Europe
- 20:39 CET Ex-Venezuela parliament head sues News Corp over drug article
- 19:27 CET ‘Trump of the East’ widens lead in last poll before Philippine vote
- 19:15 CET Republicans grapple with whether to back Trump for White House
- 18:51 CET Italy, Germany agree on immigration policy, but not on financing
- 18:23 CET ‘No boots on the ground’ has its limits as U.S. Navy SEAL is…