Lakers forward Pau Gasol will not be representing Spain in EuroBasket 2013. This announcement comes less than a week after undergoing surgery on his knee to eliminate scar tissue. Gasol is expected to fully recover from the procedure and return to his NBA squad next season.
Pau Gasol is a key player of the Spanish basketball team, with whom he was European champion in 2011 and Olympic silver medalist in 2012.
- 1Real Madrid claim Champions League crown on penalties in Milan
- 2Japanese masterclass on the Guadalajara tatami
- 3Black day for judo’s brightest stars in Guadalajara
- 4Korean Kim fences to saber gold in Moscow
- 5Champions League preview: revenge in the air as Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid prepare to do battle
Wires > Sport
- 12:26 CET Stoke chairman unhappy over agent fees
- 11:53 CET Jones voices support for Ford after woeful kicking display
- 11:52 CET PSG’s Aurier arrested by police in Paris
- 10:58 CET Burrell replaces Tuilagi in England squad for Australia
- 10:55 CET Perez reminds top teams of his talent
- 10:24 CET Bale wants more European glory after Champions League win
- 10:23 CET Mexico’s Pulido, striker for Olympiakos, rescued after kidnap
- 10:21 CET Terry backs Mourinho to succeed at Manchester United