The Frieze Art Fair in New York has been keeping New Yorkers amused and giving them plenty to talk about.
The director of the Frieze Art Fair, Matthew Slotover, summed it up: “There’s a huge array of art here from all over the world and I don’t believe there are any dominating themes right now. I think you’ll see art that’s painting, sculpture, but also photography, installation, performance, video, a massive range.
“Really it’s really difficult these days to draw out themes because there are so many artists doing so many different things in so many different parts of the world. That’s the beauty of an art fair, you see a massive range of things that are going on. You might like some of it you might not like some of it but this really represents everything that’s going on in the world, right now.”
Works include a giant inflatable dog by Paul McCarthy and a wide selection of work by Asian artists including a piece entitled ‘Buying Everything on You’ by young Chinese artist Liu Chuang.
- 114-year old model reignites underage catwalk controversy
- 2Into the sea: Monaco rules the waves with ambitious land extension project
- 3Cirque du Soleil celebrates the strength of women in Amaluna
- 4150 years on, Alice in Wonderland inspires body art
- 5Russians “were offered an enemy” says Metro 2033 author Dmitry Glukhovsky
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 3Latest News Bulletin
- 4At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 5Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 6[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 7International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 8Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 9International news | euronews, latest international news
- 10Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 11Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 12Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 13Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 14Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 15Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job
- 16Israel agents ‘incite’ stone-throwing in West Bank
- 17Hungary’s army can shoot rubber bullets and tear gas at refugees
- 18Fifa suspends Blatter, Platini and Valcke
- 19Catalan president Artur Mas charged with organising illegal independence referendum
- 20[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections