The end of Mancini mood music at Manchester City was sudden and unexpected, at least for the manager, and on the heels of a mind-numbing FA Cup final loss the sacking capped the former champion’s miserable year.
In three and half years the Italian brought three trophies to a City where there had been none for 35 years. The fans loved him; some of his players, managers and officials less so and this year some say his tactics have fallen short of what’s expected, especially in the champion’s league where he has a poor record. City’s Abu Dhabi owners crave European success, and it appears, now they have tasted it in England, that they are impatient to take the club to another level.
Over 400 million euros was spent on players during Mancini’s era, and there is likely to be a huge shakeup at the club on and off the pitch whenever a new man is appointed, but he appears
sure to have plenty of money at his disposal to make changes.
- 1England dumped out of their own World Cup
- 2Rugby World Cup 2015: England crash out after 33-13 loss to Australia
- 3Djokovic takes the glory but both he and Nadal take the money in Thailand exhibition
- 4Thick haze in Singapore disrupts World Cup finals
- 5Rugby World Cup 2015: South Africa down Scotland to move top
- 1Djokovic takes the glory but both he and Nadal take the money in Thailand exhibition
- 2Champions League day two match preview
- 3Sagan makes history and gives Slovakia its first cycling World Champion
- 4Rugby World Cup 2015: Wales defeat hosts England 28-25 in thrilling clash
- 5Roma and Arsenal crash, Barcelona come back in latest Champions League clashes
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8Egyptian billionaire offers to buy Mediterranean island to house refugees
- 9International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 10What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 11Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 12Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 13Denmark: launches anti-migrant ad campaign
- 14Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 15Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 16Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 17Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 18Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 19International news | euronews, latest international news
- 20Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job
Greek freejumper delights crowds in Santorini in the Redbull Art of Motion 2015 finals
Rugby World Cup 2015: England crash out after 33-13 loss to Australia
England dumped out of their own World Cup
Rugby World Cup 2015: South Africa down Scotland to move top
Aaron Wolf shines in Tashkent
Wires > Sport
- 20:57 CET Bayern crush Dortmund 5-1 in top-of-the-table clash
- 20:46 CET Free-kick king Eriksen has few rivals, says Pochettino
- 20:39 CET Dane Olesen seals Dunhill Links triumph
- 20:35 CET Fiji intend to finish with a flourish
- 20:27 CET Ireland wear down dogged Italy to set up France showdown
- 19:57 CET Arsenal thrash United, Liverpool sack Rodgers
- 19:29 CET ‘I’ll be back for your semi-final,’ Maradona tells Pumas
- 18:41 CET Romania eye 2019 place as Canada test looms