08/05/13 01:15 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Pakistani cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan is recovering in hospital after falling off a makeshift lift in Lahore.
He was being raised onto a stage at a rally, just days before the country’s parliamentary elections. The PTI party leader suffered two minor skull fractures and a back injury.
But Khan was soon talking politics again, when he addressed voters from his hospital bed.
“I have fought for Pakistan all my life, I have done whatever I could do,” he said.
“Now I want you to take responsibility. If you want to change your fate then you have to take responsibility.”
Dozens of supporters have been praying for Khan’s recovery.
His party is not expected to win Saturday’s poll, but it could be a major partner in a coalition government.
Latest world news
Turkey: journalist heading to state secrets trial shot at moments before verdict
Second successful sea landing for SpaceX
Turkey won’t change anti-terror laws for EU visa-free travel – Erdogan
Cologne attacks: Algerian man acquitted of attempted sexual assault
Greece grinds to near halt in 48-hour general strike
Wires > News
- 18:35 CET Convoy of stranded residents speed through fire-ravaged Canadian…
- 18:32 CET Assailant tries to shoot prominent Turkish journalist outside court
- 18:30 CET Brazil senate committee votes for Rousseff impeachment trial
- 18:22 CET Pakistan’s tribal councils in spotlight after brutal ‘honour…
- 18:13 CET Russian firm milks chilly U.S.-Kremlin ties with ‘Little Obama‘…
- 18:01 CET Moroccan court jails brother of suspected Paris attack planner
- 17:08 CET Lawmaker in India’s Goa charged with buying, drugging and raping…
- 16:52 CET Romanian ex-president being investigated on suspicion of money…