Thomas Drouet, the training partner of ATP player Bernard Tomic, has accused the players father of assault.
John Tomic is due to face charges in Madrid on May 14.
It is alleged the incident happened at an airport when Tomic senior spat in the Frenchman’s face and then head-butted him.
Drouet said John Tomic, who acts as his son’s coach, had treated him like a dog.
It is not the first time Tomic has been in the news. At the 2012 Miami Masters his son asked the umpire to eject his father from the crowd during one of his matches.
- 1Fourteen Russian athletes test positive from 2008 Olympics
- 2Champions League final: Ronaldo limps out of training but insists he’ll be fit for finale
- 3France defender Varane ruled out of Euro 2016 with injury
- 4The Corner: The winners and losers from Europe’s Cup finals weekend
- 5NBA: Raptors claw their way back into Eastern Conference final
- 1Federer withdraws from French Open
- 2Fourteen Russian athletes test positive from 2008 Olympics
- 3European Aquatics Championships: Pellegrini defends 200 metres freestyle title to add more gold to Italian tally
- 4Spills and thrills as Lorenzo takes lead in MotoGP
- 5Sevilla strike back to beat Liverpool for record third straight Europa League title
Wires > Sport
- 23:17 CET Northern Ireland primed for Euro surprise – O’Neill
- 21:13 CET Indy 500 has a big place in F1 history
- 21:02 CET Nadal baffled by tennis no shows at Olympics
- 21:01 CET England’s Delph ruled out of Euro 2016 squad
- 20:27 CET Home fans inspire Masters champion Willett to opening 66
- 20:18 CET Romanian coaches and players banned for match-fixing
- 20:17 CET Liverpool handed second UEFA fine in less than a week
- 18:57 CET Tsonga fights back to reach Paris third round