In the United States, three young women who have been missing for more than a decade have been found alive.
Amanda Berry and Gina De Jesus were teenagers when they disappeared within a year of each other in Cleveland, Ohio.
Police also found Michelle Knight who was 20-years old when she vanished.
A neighbour, Charles Ramsey, who helped them escape said one had a child: “I see this girl going nuts trying to get outside,” he said, adding that he was astonished when she identified herself.
“Then I realized I’m calling 911 for Amanda Berry. I thought that girl was dead,” he said. He said Berry had emerged from the house “with a little girl.”
Relatives have expressed their shock and surprise that the women were found in a house a few blocks away from where they had been abducted.
All three women are being treated in a local hospital and are said to be “safe” and “in a fair condition.”
Three brothers, who are all in their fifties, are now in police custody. It is believed one of them lived in the house from which the women escaped.
- 1Poland ‘has located’ buried Nazi treasure train
- 2Budapest vigil for 71 found dead on Austrian motorway
- 3Tropical Storm Erika threatens Haiti and Dominican Republic with mud slides
- 4Germany wants camps in Italy, Greece, Turkey to sort through migrants seeking asylum
- 5Suspected people traffickers accused of murder – a first in Italian legal history
- 1‘Dude, I tried to shoot him’: video shows moments after train attack in France
- 2Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 3New York: toplessness in Times Square could change forever
- 4US shootings: suspect dies of gunshot wounds
- 5UK: at least 7 dead, ‘more bodies may be found’ after Shoreham plane crash
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 7Latest News Bulletin
- 8Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 9Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 10Why World Elephant Day matters
- 11UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 12Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 13ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 14Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 15Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 16Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 17As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 18Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 19Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
- 20Migrant crisis pushing Greek island of Kos to the limit
Wires > News
- 16:20 CET Iran’s Rouhani says military power not affected by nuclear deal -…
- 16:03 CET Malaysia’s Mahathir joins protesters calling for PM to go
- 15:55 CET China grants amnesty to mark anniversary of WW2 victory
- 15:53 CET China grants amnesty to mark anniversary of WW2 victory
- 15:33 CET Turkish jets join U.S.-led coalition strikes on Islamic State
- 15:04 CET Egyptian court sentences three Al Jazeera journalists to prison
- 14:55 CET Military plane crashes in northern Nigeria, killing seven
- 14:46 CET Russia says Ukrainian hostage freed in Afghanistan