Pakistani politician and former cricket star Imran Khan is being treated in hospital – after he fell more than four metres from a platform at an election rally in Lahore.
Television news in Pakistan showed Khan, with visible head injuries, being carried through the crowd after the incident.
He had been campaigning ahead of Pakistan’s parliamentary elections on May 11, in which his Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) party is expected to do well.
It is unclear how badly Khan was hurt by the fall.
A PTI spokesman described his injuries as “minor” and his ex-wife Jemima Khan tweeted that he was “in hospital and conscious now”.
Wires > News
- 03:38 CET Cincinnati gorilla killed after boy falls into zoo enclosure
- 01:10 CET Niger says kills 12 Boko Haram fighters in gun battle
- 23:27 CET Canada’s Trudeau defends assisted suicide bill as deadline nears
- 23:20 CET First tropical storm of year to threaten U.S. heads for South…
- 22:01 CET Vintage plane crashed in Hudson River during emergency landing…
- 20:01 CET Chile President Bachelet testifies in tax probe into…
- 19:37 CET German Protestant bishop wants Islam classes in all state schools
- 19:36 CET Iraqi Sunni politicians reject visit by Iran’s Soleimani to Falluja