Pakistani politician and former cricket star Imran Khan is being treated in hospital – after he fell more than four metres from a platform at an election rally in Lahore.
Television news in Pakistan showed Khan, with visible head injuries, being carried through the crowd after the incident.
He had been campaigning ahead of Pakistan’s parliamentary elections on May 11, in which his Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) party is expected to do well.
It is unclear how badly Khan was hurt by the fall.
A PTI spokesman described his injuries as “minor” and his ex-wife Jemima Khan tweeted that he was “in hospital and conscious now”.
- 1Incredible scenes in the Turkish parliament
- 2Denmark extends controls on German border, EU set to allow more Schengen exceptions
- 3Three Earth-like planets found outside the Solar System
- 4Palestinians condemn Eurovision Song Contest for flag ban
- 5Rebels launch surprise attack on Aleppo – Syrian state TV
Latest world news
Women ‘tortured and murdered’ in German ‘House of Horrors’
French parliament debates controversial labour laws as street protests grow
Presidential hopefuls Trump and Clinton shape up as they head for the November 8 showdown
Aleppo – hopes a truce is only “hours away”
TTIP: French president Hollande says France will say no to EU-US trade deal “at this stage”
Wires > News
- 21:53 CET Proposed Irish government to prioritise spending over tax cuts -…
- 20:56 CET Liberian presidential candidate Weah’s lawyers to go to U.S. over…
- 20:30 CET EU executive to propose reforming asylum system
- 19:57 CET Kenya says arrests key member of militant group plotting attacks
- 19:48 CET MSF slams major U.N. powers over hospital attacks
- 19:47 CET Israeli who abducted, killed Palestinian teen gets life term
- 19:22 CET Exclusive – Differences over missile defence, fine print snag…
- 19:05 CET Islamic State kills U.S. Navy SEAL in northern Iraq