Organised in partnership with Euronews, the EEC is proposing six nominees from which will emerge a winner. These six people were chosen by a jury composed of opinion-leaders from the media, academic and civil society, who met to make the nominations at the Press Club Brussels Europe.
The award winner will be honoured during a gala evening that will follow the State of the European Union annual conference which will be held in Brussels on June 6.
This year’s nominees are:
President of the European Central Bank, for his enduring management of the Eurozone crisis.
Prime Minister of Luxembourg for his handling of the Eurozone crisis throughout 2012
Member of the European Parliament, Chair of the Education and Culture Committee, for her active role in advancing the talks in the Balkans between Serbia and Kosovo
Vice-President of the European Commission, in charge of Justice, Fundamental Rights and Citizenship, for defending the rights of minorities in Europe and more recently her stand on the political situation in Hungary
Prime Minister of Poland for his work on getting Poland as a growing economy and back in line with European values
Guy Verhofstadt MEP, former Prime Minister of Belgium, Leader of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe in the European Parliament and Daniel Cohn-Bendit MEP, co-president of the Greens/EFA, for the book they authored together, For Europe!
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7Latest News Bulletin
- 8French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 9Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 10Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 11BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 14‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 15At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 16Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 17Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 18Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 19Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
- 20The Pluto flyby : what we’ve learnt so far