Organised in partnership with Euronews, the EEC is proposing six nominees from which will emerge a winner. These six people were chosen by a jury composed of opinion-leaders from the media, academic and civil society, who met to make the nominations at the Press Club Brussels Europe.
The award winner will be honoured during a gala evening that will follow the State of the European Union annual conference which will be held in Brussels on June 6.
This year’s nominees are:
President of the European Central Bank, for his enduring management of the Eurozone crisis.
Prime Minister of Luxembourg for his handling of the Eurozone crisis throughout 2012
Member of the European Parliament, Chair of the Education and Culture Committee, for her active role in advancing the talks in the Balkans between Serbia and Kosovo
Vice-President of the European Commission, in charge of Justice, Fundamental Rights and Citizenship, for defending the rights of minorities in Europe and more recently her stand on the political situation in Hungary
Prime Minister of Poland for his work on getting Poland as a growing economy and back in line with European values
Guy Verhofstadt MEP, former Prime Minister of Belgium, Leader of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe in the European Parliament and Daniel Cohn-Bendit MEP, co-president of the Greens/EFA, for the book they authored together, For Europe!
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Chomsky – a rebel with a cause | euronews, world news
- 3Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 4[LIVE] Germanwings passenger jet crashes in southern France, 148 people on board – authorities | euronews, world news
- 5Europe is ‘bluffing’ over Greece-Russia relations – analyst | euronews, news
- 6French Alps plane crash treated as suicide and mass murder by co-pilot | euronews, world news
- 7Why is Bulgaria the EU’s most unhappy country? | euronews, world news
- 8Former IMF chief ‘under investigation for money laundering’ | euronews, world news
- 9Greece’s claim for war reparations from Germany explained | euronews, world news
- 10International news | euronews, latest international news
- 11eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 12International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 13Pope Francis washes Rome prisoners’ feet on Holy Thursday | euronews, world news
- 14ECB chief Mario Draghi unhurt after protest during speech | euronews, world news
- 15Reaching new heights: Parents in India scale walls to ‘help students cheat’ | euronews, world news
- 16Germanwings press conference mystery: what wasn’t he supposed to say? | euronews, world news
- 17French prosecutor: Germanwings co-pilot appears to have crashed plane deliberately | euronews, world news
- 18Woman carries can of water on her head along Paris marathon | euronews, world news
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20[Live updates] France plane crash: damaged black box ‘can provide information’ | euronews, world news