Organised in partnership with Euronews, the EEC is proposing six nominees from which will emerge a winner. These six people were chosen by a jury composed of opinion-leaders from the media, academic and civil society, who met to make the nominations at the Press Club Brussels Europe.
The award winner will be honoured during a gala evening that will follow the State of the European Union annual conference which will be held in Brussels on June 6.
This year’s nominees are:
President of the European Central Bank, for his enduring management of the Eurozone crisis.
Prime Minister of Luxembourg for his handling of the Eurozone crisis throughout 2012
Member of the European Parliament, Chair of the Education and Culture Committee, for her active role in advancing the talks in the Balkans between Serbia and Kosovo
Vice-President of the European Commission, in charge of Justice, Fundamental Rights and Citizenship, for defending the rights of minorities in Europe and more recently her stand on the political situation in Hungary
Prime Minister of Poland for his work on getting Poland as a growing economy and back in line with European values
Guy Verhofstadt MEP, former Prime Minister of Belgium, Leader of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe in the European Parliament and Daniel Cohn-Bendit MEP, co-president of the Greens/EFA, for the book they authored together, For Europe!
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 6Why World Elephant Day matters
- 7Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 8Latest News Bulletin
- 9Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 10UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 11Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 12Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 13ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 14Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 15Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 16Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 17As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 18European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 19International news | euronews, latest international news
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid