Organised in partnership with Euronews, the EEC is proposing six nominees from which will emerge a winner. These six people were chosen by a jury composed of opinion-leaders from the media, academic and civil society, who met to make the nominations at the Press Club Brussels Europe.
The award winner will be honoured during a gala evening that will follow the State of the European Union annual conference which will be held in Brussels on June 6.
This year’s nominees are:
President of the European Central Bank, for his enduring management of the Eurozone crisis.
Prime Minister of Luxembourg for his handling of the Eurozone crisis throughout 2012
Member of the European Parliament, Chair of the Education and Culture Committee, for her active role in advancing the talks in the Balkans between Serbia and Kosovo
Vice-President of the European Commission, in charge of Justice, Fundamental Rights and Citizenship, for defending the rights of minorities in Europe and more recently her stand on the political situation in Hungary
Prime Minister of Poland for his work on getting Poland as a growing economy and back in line with European values
Guy Verhofstadt MEP, former Prime Minister of Belgium, Leader of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe in the European Parliament and Daniel Cohn-Bendit MEP, co-president of the Greens/EFA, for the book they authored together, For Europe!
- 1Migrant crisis dominates Merkel and Hollande’s historic EU parliament address
- 2Britain’s anti-EU leader Farage slams Merkel-Hollande parliament address
- 3Discrimination on the rise in Europe
- 4Migrant crisis: EU ministers agree to step up deportations and beef up borders
- 5Brussels refugee camp cleared
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8Denmark: launches anti-migrant ad campaign
- 9Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 10International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 11Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 12Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 13Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 14International news | euronews, latest international news
- 15Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 16Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 17[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 18Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 19What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 20[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections
latest europe news
Migrant crisis: EU ministers agree to step up deportations and beef up borders
Britain’s anti-EU leader Farage slams Merkel-Hollande parliament address
Migrant crisis dominates Merkel and Hollande’s historic EU parliament address
Spain’s King focuses on unity during first European Parliament address
EU’s highest court torpedoes US data deal over privacy fears