Ajax celebrated their third consecutive league title and 32nd overall on Sunday.
Frank de Boer’s men sealed the deal thanks to a 5-0 thrashing over bottom side Willem II Tilburg who are relegated as a result.
With one match remaining, Ajax have 73 points, four more then chasing PSV Eindhoven who stayed on track for a Champions League qualifying berth with a 4-2 win over NEC Nijmegen.
But the day belonged Ajax, their fans and coach De Boer who becomes the first person to win the league three straight times as a player and three on the trot as a coach.
- 1Cancellara in yellow Greipal wins stage 2 of the Tour de France
- 2Mongolia and Japan call the shots at Ulaanbaatar Judo Grand Prix
- 3Ulaanbaatar Judo Grand Prix visitors impress in Mongolia
- 4Rohan Dennis record breaking Lycra lad wins Tour de France Grand Depart
- 5Solid gold Hamilton speeds silver arrow to victory at Silverstone.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 3[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 4[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 5Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 6Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 8Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 9NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 10Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 11Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 12‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 13Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 14Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 15Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 16Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 17Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 18Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
- 19Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 20Greek banks, stock exchange will not open on Monday, Tsipras announces
Wires > Sport
- 07:07 CET Wambach coy on international future after World Cup win
- 06:01 CET Hat-trick hero Lloyd dreams big and wins World Cup
- 05:56 CET Optimism returns for Woods after rare bogey-free round
- 05:25 CET U.S. triumph caps truly global Women’s World Cup
- 04:24 CET Lloyd hat-trick inspires U.S. World Cup victory
- 03:50 CET FIFA officials booed before World Cup trophy ceremony
- 02:48 CET Angry fans break security fence as Sport stay top in Brazil
- 02:16 CET Danny Lee wins Greenbrier Classic for first PGA Tour win