Ajax celebrated their third consecutive league title and 32nd overall on Sunday.
Frank de Boer’s men sealed the deal thanks to a 5-0 thrashing over bottom side Willem II Tilburg who are relegated as a result.
With one match remaining, Ajax have 73 points, four more then chasing PSV Eindhoven who stayed on track for a Champions League qualifying berth with a 4-2 win over NEC Nijmegen.
But the day belonged Ajax, their fans and coach De Boer who becomes the first person to win the league three straight times as a player and three on the trot as a coach.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7Latest News Bulletin
- 8French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 9Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 10Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 11BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 14‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 15At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 16Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 17Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 18Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 19Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
- 20The Pluto flyby : what we’ve learnt so far
Wires > Sport
- 12:44 CET Twente take teenager on loan from Man City
- 12:24 CET Australia reaffirm interest in future Olympic bid
- 12:06 CET Haddin omission hardest decision of my career – Lehmann
- 11:06 CET IOC boss tells Japan ‘no apology needed’ over stadium changes
- 10:52 CET Hopeful sports to face Tokyo grilling
- 10:20 CET Porte joins BMC Racing from Team Sky
- 06:15 CET ‘Cliffy’ back to add heft to Wallabies pack
- 05:59 CET Rio Games torch to be lit in Olympia on April 21, 2106