Olympic 1,500 metres champion Asli Cakir Alptekin is facing a lifetime ban after being charged with a second anti-doping offence.
Cakir, who was given a two-year ban in 2004 after a positive dope test at the world junior championships, competed at the London Olympics last summer under a dark cloud of suspicion.
And following abnormal blood values from her biological passport is now facing an automatic lifetime ban.
Another Turkish athlete, double European 100m hurdles champion Nevin Yanit, also faces a ban after multiple positive findings in both in-competition and out-of-competiton tests.
Both athletes have been charged with anti-doping rule violations by the The International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) and are provisionally suspended.
Their cases have been referred to the Turkish federation for adjudication.
Copyright © 2015 euronewsMore about:
- 1McLaren medics rule Alonso out of F1 season opener in Melbourne
- 2Mountain bike: Polc wins Valparaiso downhill
- 3Dortmund continue Bundesliga revival as PSV stumble in the Dutch title race
- 4Sunderland’s Adam Johnson arrested on suspicion of sex with a minor
- 5Commission uncovers systematic doping in German football dating back to the 70’s and 80’s
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Exclusive: CIA and Mossad are behind Boko Haram and ISIL, says Sudan president | euronews, world news
- 3eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 4English and Spanish among happiest languages | euronews, world news
- 5Exclusive: Tsipras promises meritocracy, transparency for Greece, urges Europe to put people first | euronews, world news
- 6Tens of thousands march in Moscow in memory of Boris Nemtsov | euronews, world news
- 7Indian rapist says women to blame for being sexually assaulted | euronews, world news
- 8International news | euronews, latest international news
- 9Watch: Ukraine MPs in fierce fist fight outside parliament | euronews, world news
- 10European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 11Dramatic dashcam video captures Taiwan plane crash | euronews, world news
- 12Data ‘mocks’ claims migrants try for Europe ‘expecting’ sea rescue | euronews, world news
- 13Kosovo emptying out, hopes for independent future exhausted | euronews, world news
- 14‘Blue’ dress causes internet confusion. Is it white and gold? | euronews, world news
- 15Live updates: follow the 2015 Oscars ceremony | euronews, world news
- 16euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 17Handwriting and the digital age, time for change in schools? | euronews, learning world
- 18Implanted RFID chip controls office access for Stockholm workers | euronews, hi-tech
- 19London calling: why home-loving Hungarians are flocking to British capital | euronews, reporter
- 20Barack Obama’s silly Buzzfeed video goes viral | euronews, world news
Wires > Sport
- 11:41 CET Warner, Maxwell power Australia to World Cup record total
- 11:27 CET Shehzad leads Pakistan to morale-boosting win
- 09:42 CET Kohli faces media backlash following reporter spat
- 07:10 CET Beach-combing Scots back themselves against Bangladesh
- 07:04 CET England likely to lose Ballance in search of equilibrium
- 06:42 CET USA Swimming may let Phelps race at world championships
- 01:25 CET Austin to host Match Play Championship from 2016-19
- 00:31 CET Olympiakos chief Marinakis fines players for poor displays