Olympic 1,500 metres champion Asli Cakir Alptekin is facing a lifetime ban after being charged with a second anti-doping offence.
Cakir, who was given a two-year ban in 2004 after a positive dope test at the world junior championships, competed at the London Olympics last summer under a dark cloud of suspicion.
And following abnormal blood values from her biological passport is now facing an automatic lifetime ban.
Another Turkish athlete, double European 100m hurdles champion Nevin Yanit, also faces a ban after multiple positive findings in both in-competition and out-of-competiton tests.
Both athletes have been charged with anti-doping rule violations by the The International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) and are provisionally suspended.
Their cases have been referred to the Turkish federation for adjudication.
Copyright © 2015 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2The power of the pen: Cartoonists worldwide react to the Charlie Hebdo attack | euronews, world news
- 3Immigration, racism in sport and the rise of extremism – Cantona shares his views | euronews, interview
- 4[LIVE] 12 dead after gun attack at French satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo | euronews, world news
- 5[LIVE NOW] Massive unity rally in Paris, with similar marches in other French cities | euronews, world news
- 6Muslim groups fear backlash after terrorist attacks in Paris | euronews, news
- 7[LIVE] Confusion over reports two killed in Paris shootout, as police close in on Charlie Hebdo suspects | euronews, world news
- 8“ISIL is the baby of George W Bush” | euronews, news
- 9Medieval Bruges is to get its own underground beer pipeline | euronews, world news
- 10Almost four million turn out for unity rallies across France | euronews, world news
- 11International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 12NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 13A defiant Charlie Hebdo: it’s not the front page the terrorists would’ve wanted | euronews, world news
- 14Key questions around the Charlie Hebdo killings go unanswered | euronews, world news
- 15Getting to know Sir Tony and “the world’s greatest tenor” | euronews, musica
- 16HarperCollins wipes Israel off the map | euronews, world news
- 17euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 18eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 19International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 20Charlie Hebdo: Israeli paper deletes women from Paris march | euronews, world news
Wires > Sport
- 01:07 CET Ko wins LPGA opener, becomes youngest world number one
- 00:26 CET Balboa double stuns Tunisia as hosts go through
- 23:22 CET Huddersfield player stable after airlift drama
- 21:41 CET Baptiste free to resume competition, federation says
- 20:27 CET Chelsea and Man City play out a 1-1 stalemate
- 20:07 CET DR Congo come from behind to take semifinal place
- 19:13 CET Hull players must fight harder to avoid crisis – Bruce
- 18:44 CET Newey plays down Red Bull’s title chances