Olympic 1,500 metres champion Asli Cakir Alptekin is facing a lifetime ban after being charged with a second anti-doping offence.
Cakir, who was given a two-year ban in 2004 after a positive dope test at the world junior championships, competed at the London Olympics last summer under a dark cloud of suspicion.
And following abnormal blood values from her biological passport is now facing an automatic lifetime ban.
Another Turkish athlete, double European 100m hurdles champion Nevin Yanit, also faces a ban after multiple positive findings in both in-competition and out-of-competiton tests.
Both athletes have been charged with anti-doping rule violations by the The International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) and are provisionally suspended.
Their cases have been referred to the Turkish federation for adjudication.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 8French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 9Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 10International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 11BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 12Latest News Bulletin
- 13Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 14‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 15At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 16Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 17Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 18Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 19Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
- 20The Pluto flyby : what we’ve learnt so far
Wires > Sport
- 20:50 CET Guy eclipses Sun to win 200 metres freestyle
- 19:46 CET Di Maria having medical ahead of PSG move – hospital
- 18:50 CET Question my performance but not my desire, says Clarke
- 17:46 CET Injured Ibrahimovic ruled out of PSG’s season opener
- 17:43 CET IAAF denies accusations of widespread doping
- 17:24 CET Suarez has extra motivation, says Barca boss Enrique
- 17:21 CET Palestinian West Bank soccer team to play in Gaza for first time…
- 17:19 CET Latham hits maiden ton as rampant New Zealand level series