Olympic 1,500 metres champion Asli Cakir Alptekin is facing a lifetime ban after being charged with a second anti-doping offence.
Cakir, who was given a two-year ban in 2004 after a positive dope test at the world junior championships, competed at the London Olympics last summer under a dark cloud of suspicion.
And following abnormal blood values from her biological passport is now facing an automatic lifetime ban.
Another Turkish athlete, double European 100m hurdles champion Nevin Yanit, also faces a ban after multiple positive findings in both in-competition and out-of-competiton tests.
Both athletes have been charged with anti-doping rule violations by the The International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) and are provisionally suspended.
Their cases have been referred to the Turkish federation for adjudication.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Serbia and Albania await Uefa punishment over violence-marred Euro2016 qualifier
- 2Volvo Ocean Race: Fleet still together one week in
- 3FIFA begins 2018 World Cup stadium inspection
- 4AS Roma suffer humiliating defeat to Bayern in Champions League
- 5Heavyweights in action on final day of Judo Grand Prix Tashkent
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Now is ‘right time’ for Catalonia independence vote, says Mas | euronews, world news
- 3Vatican rocked by another paedophilia scandal | euronews, world news
- 4Two container ships collide on Egypt’s Suez Canal | euronews, no comment
- 5British Muslims’ message to ISIL: Not in my name! | euronews, world news
- 6Revealed: Europe’s capital cities where it’s hardest to be a foreigner | euronews, world news
- 7Sweden becomes first European nation to recognise Palestine | euronews, world news
- 8International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 9European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 10How nasheeds became the soundtrack of jihad | euronews, world news
- 11Iceland volcano ‘pollutes Paris’ | euronews, world news
- 12Ebola: Six new suspected cases in Spain | euronews, world news
- 13Emma Watson threatened with naked photos leak after UN equality speech | euronews, world news
- 14Learning through “serious games” | euronews, learning world
- 15Mike Tyson: ‘You learn humbleness when you get older in life’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 16US delivers technical aid to Ukraine but warns over security | euronews, world news
- 17euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 18Global warming to ‘cause 250,000 extra deaths a year’ | euronews, world news
- 19All you need to know about the Ebola virus | euronews, world news
- 20International news | euronews, latest international news
Wires > Sport
- 16:24 CET Ivanovic bows out despite beating Halep at WTA Finals
- 16:13 CET Williams guaranteed year-end number one ranking
- 16:07 CET Murray improves London chances with battling Valencia win
- 15:45 CET Kvitova targets Fed Cup win after WTA Finals exit
- 15:31 CET Suarez to return in clasico, says Barca coach
- 14:58 CET Wallaby Beale fined but escapes ban for offensive text
- 14:53 CET Radwanska ‘owes’ Wozniacki after getting to semis
- 14:39 CET Neymar defies Dunga, backs challenger in presidential election