The city of Jeddah in Saudi Arabia has one of the largest collections of open-air public sculptures in the world, including works by César Baldaccini, Alexander Calder, Henry Moore, Joan Miró and Victor Vasarely among others.
11 other sculptures
But over the last thirty years the harsh climate, sand, wind and salt from the Red Sea have taken their toll on these works of art.which have lost their original beauty.
The Jeddah Restoration Project is now underway to restore some of these weather-beaten masterpieces.
Follow us: @TheNationalUAE on Twitter | thenational.ae on Facebook
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Make them smile: volunteer work in Romanian childrens’ hospital
- 2A hot Aussie rapper and a steaming country duo
- 3‘Half of a Yellow Sun’ explores UK colonial legacy in Nigeria
- 4Postcards from Russia: the splendour of Moscow’s St Basil’s Cathedral
- 5Beirut dance festival celebrates the collision of bodies and words