More than 500 people are now known to have died in the Bangladeshi garment factory collapse, and scores are still missing nine days after the tragedy.
Engineer Abdur Razzak, who was involved in the construction of the eight-storey structure but who warned it was unsafe the day before the disaster has become the ninth person to be arrested.
Canadian retailer Loblaw has become the latest Western client to react, saying it will now insist on “building integrity” before doing business.
“Since last night till now we have found 40 more bodies, numbers are increasing, still bodies are coming,” said volunteer rescuer Jalil Miah.
Many families are camped out in the streets surrounding the wrecked building, hoping against hope that their missing loved ones will be found alive.
- 13D, 360° virtual reality is ready to launch – on an adult film
- 2French Riviera declared ‘disaster zone’ after deadly flash floods
- 3Migrant crisis: Hungary poised to shut unofficial border crossings with Croatia
- 4Russian air strike hits terrorist training camp in Syria, say defence officials
- 5Refugees tell of ISIL brutality which forced them to leave Syria
- 1Pope Francis kisses hands of Holocaust survivors
- 2Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 3NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 4France claims Russian jets have struck rebel, not IS forces in Homs
- 53D, 360° virtual reality is ready to launch – on an adult film
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 10Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 11Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 12Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 13Denmark: launches anti-migrant ad campaign
- 14Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 15Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 16Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 17Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 18International news | euronews, latest international news
- 19Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job
- 20[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
Wires > News
- 20:23 CET United Airlines flight diverted because of unconscious co-pilot -…
- 20:06 CET Top U.S. general calls Afghan hospital strike a mistake made…
- 19:48 CET Ex-U.N. General Assembly president charged with bribery
- 19:39 CET Pentagon sees decision soon on Russian rocket engine waiver
- 19:32 CET Mexico army boss will not allow questioning of troops in student…
- 19:26 CET How Iranian general plotted out Syrian assault in Moscow
- 19:09 CET EU seeks Turkey help to block migrant flows, offers cash
- 18:54 CET Flogged Saudi blogger Badawi named ‘writer of courage’ in Britain