‘The Boss’ is back as Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band kick off another European Tour with two shows in Oslo.
Springsteen’s midas touch shows no sign of waning, his music and lyrics still have the capacity to move his legions of fans.
He explained the craft behind those lyrics: “As an artist you’re paid to use your imagination and develop a vocabulary and a craft that allows you to step into other people’s shoes and walk in those shoes, and give your audience a sense of what it’s like to walk in those shoes. All great filmmakers do the same thing. Nobody expects Martin Scorsese to be an actual member of the mafia, but he imagines it quite well. So it’s not a trick, it’s not a magic trick.”
Springsteen is a modern day Charles Dickens or George Orwell, a chronicler of the struggles faced by America’s working class: “The huge problem in America right now is just the huge inequality, the wealth that has been increasing over the last 30 years, blah blah, I won’t go into it with you, but that is something that still motivates me and moves me to write about,” he said.
The Boss and the E Street Band are on tour in Europe until the end of July.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 6Why World Elephant Day matters
- 7Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 8Latest News Bulletin
- 9Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 10UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 11Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 12Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 13ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 14Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 15Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 18As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
latest le mag news
Learning circus skills in a danger zone
Traditional music festival fills Samarkand with oriental melodies
Derbent celebrates 2,000 years of history and multiculturalism
Culture by the Black Sea at Bulgaria’s Apollonia festival
Wondaland artists use ‘sound as a weapon’ for Black Lives Matters