Bayern Munich will be looking to hold on to their four goal advantage over Barcelona when both sides meet again for the second leg of their Champions League semi final clash at the Camp Nou on Wednesday.
Barcelona defender Adriano is available after completing a one-match ban while Lionel Messi, who has scored 54 goals this season, should start after being troubled by a hamstring injury in recent weeks.
Tito Vilanova will find out after today’s training seesion, whether Busquets will be fit to play tonight. The Spanish International was sidelined by a groin problem this past weekend, as he watched Barca draw 2-2 againt Athletic Bilbao.
Bayern Munich boss Jupp Heynckes will have Mario Mandzukic back available after serving his one-match suspension, but will have to make do without the services of the injured Toni Kroos. Heynckes confirmed he will not be resting players who are at risk of missing the final should they get booked.
Mario Gomez, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Javi Martinez, Dante and Philipp Lahm are all just one caution away from missing the next game.
Barca have an aptitude for incredible comebacks. In the Round of 16, Barca were down 2-0 in the first leg to AC Milan, but prevailed in the second leg with a Messi-inspired 4-0 rout over the Italian giants.
The last time Bayern played at the Camp Nou in 2009, Barcelona won 4-0, a result they’ll need to at least match on Wednesday to have any chance of reaching the final.
Bayern will be looking to set up an all German final at Wembley, but Barca have 90 minutes left to pull off the impossible.
- 1Bobsleigh, Volleyball and Sochi triumph in the inaugural SportAccord awards
- 2Champions League semi-finals: Guardiola reunited with Barcelona
- 3IOC must choose between clean-up and cover-up: SportAccord chief
- 4Bayern and Barcelona through to Champions League semi-finals
- 5Champions League: Bayern face uphill task
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 3Chomsky – a rebel with a cause | euronews, world news
- 4Anti-ISIL demonstrations turn violent in Ethiopia | euronews, no comment
- 5The migrants tragedy in the Mediterranean sparks creative satirical response | euronews, world news
- 6Europe is ‘bluffing’ over Greece-Russia relations – analyst | euronews, news
- 7French Alps plane crash treated as suicide and mass murder by co-pilot | euronews, world news
- 8Woman carries can of water on her head along Paris marathon | euronews, world news
- 9International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 10Former IMF chief ‘under investigation for money laundering’ | euronews, world news
- 11Pope Francis washes Rome prisoners’ feet on Holy Thursday | euronews, world news
- 12ECB chief Mario Draghi unhurt after protest during speech | euronews, world news
- 13eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 14International news | euronews, latest international news
- 15Indonesia executes five foreigners despite protest | euronews, world news
- 16French prosecutor: Germanwings co-pilot appears to have crashed plane deliberately | euronews, world news
- 17Portuguese researchers discover the secret of Mind Control | euronews, futuris
- 18Germanwings press conference mystery: what wasn’t he supposed to say? | euronews, world news
- 19[Live updates] France plane crash: damaged black box ‘can provide information’ | euronews, world news
- 20Fighting Boko Haram: Chad aims to ‘destroy’ militant group | euronews, world news
Wires > Sport
- 10:41 CET Vilanova memory lives on at Barca a year after his death
- 00:28 CET Brathwaite ton for Windies frustrates England
- 23:38 CET Holder Selby tumbles out of world championship
- 23:35 CET Marseille powerless to stop five-goal Lorient express
- 23:25 CET Schalke’s European hopes dented by 2-0 loss at Mainz
- 22:30 CET Analysis – Verizon offer tests sport networks’ hold on TV bundle
- 22:13 CET Van Gaal thinks Giggs will be next United manager
- 22:11 CET Kerber beats another seed to march into Stuttgart semis