Bayern Munich will be looking to hold on to their four goal advantage over Barcelona when both sides meet again for the second leg of their Champions League semi final clash at the Camp Nou on Wednesday.
Barcelona defender Adriano is available after completing a one-match ban while Lionel Messi, who has scored 54 goals this season, should start after being troubled by a hamstring injury in recent weeks.
Tito Vilanova will find out after today’s training seesion, whether Busquets will be fit to play tonight. The Spanish International was sidelined by a groin problem this past weekend, as he watched Barca draw 2-2 againt Athletic Bilbao.
Bayern Munich boss Jupp Heynckes will have Mario Mandzukic back available after serving his one-match suspension, but will have to make do without the services of the injured Toni Kroos. Heynckes confirmed he will not be resting players who are at risk of missing the final should they get booked.
Mario Gomez, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Javi Martinez, Dante and Philipp Lahm are all just one caution away from missing the next game.
Barca have an aptitude for incredible comebacks. In the Round of 16, Barca were down 2-0 in the first leg to AC Milan, but prevailed in the second leg with a Messi-inspired 4-0 rout over the Italian giants.
The last time Bayern played at the Camp Nou in 2009, Barcelona won 4-0, a result they’ll need to at least match on Wednesday to have any chance of reaching the final.
Bayern will be looking to set up an all German final at Wembley, but Barca have 90 minutes left to pull off the impossible.
- 1Business as usual as Blatter joins Putin for World Cup draw
- 2Olympics: New stadium plans to be drawn up for Tokyo 2020
- 3Chapeau Christopher: Froome wins Tour du France
- 4Tour de France: Geschke claims maiden stage win, Froome maintains overall lead
- 5Judge requests new investigation into Jan Ullrich’s drink driving case
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 8Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 9Latest News Bulletin
- 10French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 11Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 14Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 15International news | euronews, latest international news
- 16‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 17At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 18Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 19Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 20Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
Wires > Sport
- 23:41 CET Family of black golf legend Sifford accused of stealing $1 million
- 22:28 CET Mexico fire coach Herrera after alleged punching incident
- 21:36 CET Woods sees game coming together after ‘frustrating’ season
- 20:17 CET Nigeria target German model in bid to revive fortunes
- 20:08 CET Diaby agrees deal to join Marseille
- 19:27 CET Boston activist group credited for defeating Olympics pitch
- 18:22 CET Berlin hosting “Jewish Olympics” in stadium Hitler built
- 17:44 CET Crespo joins Villa as Sherwood continues to ring changes