Bayern Munich will be looking to hold on to their four goal advantage over Barcelona when both sides meet again for the second leg of their Champions League semi final clash at the Camp Nou on Wednesday.
Barcelona defender Adriano is available after completing a one-match ban while Lionel Messi, who has scored 54 goals this season, should start after being troubled by a hamstring injury in recent weeks.
Tito Vilanova will find out after today’s training seesion, whether Busquets will be fit to play tonight. The Spanish International was sidelined by a groin problem this past weekend, as he watched Barca draw 2-2 againt Athletic Bilbao.
Bayern Munich boss Jupp Heynckes will have Mario Mandzukic back available after serving his one-match suspension, but will have to make do without the services of the injured Toni Kroos. Heynckes confirmed he will not be resting players who are at risk of missing the final should they get booked.
Mario Gomez, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Javi Martinez, Dante and Philipp Lahm are all just one caution away from missing the next game.
Barca have an aptitude for incredible comebacks. In the Round of 16, Barca were down 2-0 in the first leg to AC Milan, but prevailed in the second leg with a Messi-inspired 4-0 rout over the Italian giants.
The last time Bayern played at the Camp Nou in 2009, Barcelona won 4-0, a result they’ll need to at least match on Wednesday to have any chance of reaching the final.
Bayern will be looking to set up an all German final at Wembley, but Barca have 90 minutes left to pull off the impossible.
- 1France and Italy kick-start up Six Nations in Paris
- 2American duo Cartica and Pizzi win 2016 World Marathon Challenge
- 3FIFA presidential elections: CAF to give full backing to Sheikh Salman
- 4World Athletics investigating claims of historic state-backed doping in China
- 5Nizzolo takes Dubai Tour lead as Lobato wins stage three
- 1European Handball Championships: Germany to face Spain in final
- 2‘‘I was born to race’‘ – 15-time motorcycle world champion Giacomo Agostini
- 3Formula One: Renault present car and team for 2016
- 4Guardiola signs three-year contract to manage Manchester City
- 5American duo Cartica and Pizzi win 2016 World Marathon Challenge
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Most Istanbul blast victims ‘were German’, says Turkey
- 4Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 5Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 6Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 7Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 8Partnering to grow Europe
- 9Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 10Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 11Merroussis clinches the 33rd Athens Authentic Marathon
- 12Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 13‘National’ funeral for Celine Dion’s husband ‘over the top’
- 14Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 15Brussels remains on high alert: ‘multiple operations underway’ across Belgium
- 16Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 17Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 18latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 19account : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 20Caught by the Maasai at mid-on ‘Warriors’ play cricket
France and Italy kick-start up Six Nations in Paris
Nizzolo takes Dubai Tour lead as Lobato wins stage three
FIFA presidential elections: CAF to give full backing to Sheikh Salman
World Athletics investigating claims of historic state-backed doping in China
NBA champions meet President Obama
Wires > Sport
- 06:56 CET Altidore header gives Unites States 1-0 win over Canada
- 03:23 CET McEvoy sets scorching pace, Magnussen promises improvement
- 03:00 CET Multi-tasking no problem for Man City-bound Guardiola
- 00:35 CET Goodell dangles expansion carrot to London
- 22:30 CET Jailed Uruguayan reaches plea bargain in FIFA case
- 22:03 CET Man City set to field young team in FA Cup tie at Chelsea
- 21:56 CET Liverpool fans plan walkout over ticket prices
- 20:57 CET Belated gold would be hollow for Ireland’s O’Sullivan