Aged just 12, China’s Ye Wocheng will become the youngest player ever to compete in a European Tour event after qualifying for the Volvo China Open.
The calm schoolboy from the industrial city of Donggaun in Guangdong province started playing the sport at the age of four under his father’s encouragement and received professional training from the age of nine.
Ye, who will tee off at Tianjin Binhai Lake Golf Club on May 2 courtesy of his two-under total in the two-round Western China qualifying, will better the mark of his compatriot Guan Tianlang who competed last year as a 13-year-old.
- 1European Youth Olympic Festival – day four round-up
- 2IOC set to vote between Beijing or Almaty to host 2022 Winter Olympics
- 3Austrian pole vaulter Grunberg left paraplegic after training accident
- 4IOC blasts Boston for breaking Olympic bid promises
- 5Drogba makes immediate impact on Montreal arrival
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 8Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 9Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 10French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 11Latest News Bulletin
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 14Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 15Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 16At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 17Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 18‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 19Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 20Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
Wires > Sport
- 19:40 CET West Ham forward Valencia sustains ‘significant’ injury
- 19:28 CET Lambert leaves Liverpool to join West Brom
- 18:17 CET Bell steers England to victory, hosts take 2-1 Ashes lead
- 18:12 CET Jovetic leaves City for Inter Milan on loan
- 17:36 CET Argentine executive to appear in U.S. court in FIFA case
- 16:47 CET Favourite Peaty now a marked man, says Britain’s coach
- 16:34 CET Chelsea’s Costa and Cahill fit for Community Shield – Mourinho
- 16:30 CET No snow no problem as China’s financial might lands 2022 Games