The Euro Hockey Tour decider pitted arch-rivals the Czech Republic against Russia.
On home ice the Czechs took the lead after 5 minutes thanks to Ivan Rachuneck.
The second period went to Russia Yegor Averin leveled proceedings after 24 minutes.
As the game entered the 40th minute Russia got their noses in front thanks to Kirill Petrov
That was it.
Russia win 2-1 and take the Euro Hockey Tour crown
It will boost Russian confidence as they go into the world championship, which gets under way in Helsinki and Stockholm on Friday.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 3Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 4[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 7Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 8[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 9Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 10Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 11‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 12NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 13Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 14Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 15Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 16Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 17Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 18Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
- 19Hungary: billboard war sparks international concern
- 20[Latest] AKP loses its majority as Kurdish party enter Turkish Parliament
Wires > Sport
- 18:48 CET Historic moment for Africa as Teklehaimanot starts Tour
- 17:53 CET Cilic wins battle of Wimbledon’s marathon men
- 17:40 CET South Africa start build-up to Twenty20 World Cup
- 17:05 CET Spoils go to Viktor as Brown exits Wimbledon
- 16:06 CET Hamilton the home hero with British GP pole
- 13:26 CET Boom to start Tour despite low cortisol levels
- 13:18 CET Australia’s Harris announces shock retirement
- 12:32 CET Pedal power rules the roads in Utrecht