The film ‘Greetings From Tim Buckley’ follows the journey of musician Jeff Buckley as he struggles with the legacy of his late musician father, Tim, who released a number of albums in the late 1960s and early 1970s spanning genres as diverse as folk, rock, funk and jazz, stuffed with daring lyrics.
Penn Badgley, last seen in the hit ‘Margin Call’, plays Jeff Buckley.
“When looking at Jeff Buckley, it’s definitely a worthwhile endeavour to look at Tim Buckley as well and that’s what we did,” Badgley said.
Tim Buckley died of a drug overdose in 1975 and Jeff said he only met him once when he was a child.
Despite his father’s absence in his life, Jeff Buckley followed in his dad’s footsteps by pursuing a career in music. In the 1990s he built up a following by performing cover songs in New York City.
“I was aware of just the karmic responsibility from one human to another of playing him; so that to me was actually far more important than worrying about what his fans might think, because I think the truth is that anybody that appreciates his music, if they’re ever to see this, I think they’ll understand what we’re going for.”
Jeff himself died young in a swimming accident, but the two men leave behind a body of work that has a cult following, and time only adds lustre to their critical reputation.
- 1Stars and gondolas, Venice Film Festivals opens on top of the world
- 2Redford and Nolte take a hike in A Walk in the Woods
- 3Derbent celebrates 2,000 years of history and multiculturalism
- 4Traditional music festival fills Samarkand with oriental melodies
- 5Culture by the Black Sea at Bulgaria’s Apollonia festival
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 6Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 7Latest News Bulletin
- 8Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 9Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 10Why World Elephant Day matters
- 11UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 12Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 13ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 14Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 15Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 18As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid