The film ‘Greetings From Tim Buckley’ follows the journey of musician Jeff Buckley as he struggles with the legacy of his late musician father, Tim, who released a number of albums in the late 1960s and early 1970s spanning genres as diverse as folk, rock, funk and jazz, stuffed with daring lyrics.
Penn Badgley, last seen in the hit ‘Margin Call’, plays Jeff Buckley.
“When looking at Jeff Buckley, it’s definitely a worthwhile endeavour to look at Tim Buckley as well and that’s what we did,” Badgley said.
Tim Buckley died of a drug overdose in 1975 and Jeff said he only met him once when he was a child.
Despite his father’s absence in his life, Jeff Buckley followed in his dad’s footsteps by pursuing a career in music. In the 1990s he built up a following by performing cover songs in New York City.
“I was aware of just the karmic responsibility from one human to another of playing him; so that to me was actually far more important than worrying about what his fans might think, because I think the truth is that anybody that appreciates his music, if they’re ever to see this, I think they’ll understand what we’re going for.”
Jeff himself died young in a swimming accident, but the two men leave behind a body of work that has a cult following, and time only adds lustre to their critical reputation.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9Denmark: launches anti-migrant ad campaign
- 10Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 11Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 12Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 13Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 14Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 15Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 18What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 19[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections
- 20EU split as UN approves raising of Palestinian flag