Steven Spielberg will preside over the jury for the 66th Cannes Film Festival. The American director and producer will be joined by four men and four women.
Among them, the much-anticipated Nicole Kidman. Winner of an Oscar in 2003 for “The Hours” she has been to Cannes several times, as in 2001 to present Baz Luhrman’s “Moulin Rouge.”
The British director Lynne Ramsay presented her first full-length feature “Ratcatcher” at Cannes in 1999. She returned in 2011 with “We need to talk about Kevin.”
The organisers of this year’s festival wanted to mark 100 years of Indian cinema, and duly invited the Bollywood actress Vidya Balan.
The Japanese director Naomi Kawase will also be on the jury.
The male contingent on the jury will include French actor Daniel Auteuil. He received the festival’s Best Actor award in 1996 for his role in “Le huitieme Jour” with Pascal Duquenne.
Christolph Waltz is a less familiar face. having made his name as an SS officer in Quentin Tarantino’s 2009 film, “Inglorious Basterds.”
Two directors make up the numbers on the jury. Ang Lee has two “Best Director” Oscars under his belt, for “Brokeback Mountain” in 2006 and this year for “The Life of Pi.”
The Romanian Cristian Mungiu took the Palme D’Or at Cannes in 2007 for “Four months, three weeks, two days.” Last year he was back on the Croisette with “Beyond the Hills.”
The Cannes Film Festival runs from the 15th to the 26th of May.
- 1‘Just extraordinary’ – Martha Argerich and the Lucerne Festival Orchestra pay homage to Claudio Abbado
- 2Billy Gibbons goes solo and David Bowie has a new single
- 3Gender bending Japanese makeup ad wins top EPICA prize
- 4Much more than a concert hall – insights from the Chairman of Philharmonie de Paris
- 5Forgotten gems from Wexford Opera Festival
- 1Coordinated terror attacks leave dozens dead in Paris
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 3International news | euronews, latest international news
- 4Bomb and several shootings in central Paris – reports of fatalities and injuries
- 51000-year-old Bible found in Turkey
- 6latest sci-tech news : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 7Police hunting Paris attacks mastermind battle with suspects in heart of Paris
- 8world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast
- 9New temporary spiritual leader of Muslim Brotherhood appointed
- 10European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 11Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 14Middle East - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 15‘Anonymous’ hackers’ group declares ‘war’ on ISIL
- 16Egypt armed forces chief Abdul Fattah al-Sisi – a man of destiny
- 17No Comment | euronews: international news images without commentary
- 18‘Maxed-out:’ Jordan’s King Abdullah II’s frank warning over Syria crisis
- 19Latest sport news
- 20Iraq: deadly car bombs kill more than 60 in Baghdad