Swiss Journalists have reported disgraced formed French finance minister, Jerome Cahuzac, could have stashed away 15 million euros in a foreign bank account.
Cahuzac was forced to resign after admitting hiding 600,000 euros in a Geneva bank account but now it is looking like that could be just the tip of the iceberg.
Swiss news anchor, Darius Rochebin, said:
“When Cahuzac tried to leave the UBS bank, he visited private banks, concerning a sum of approximately 15 million euros.
“What’s certain is that the minimum deposit for a Singaporean account would require much more than 600 000 euros.
“One would need to be placing more than a million euros, and some say two or three million.”
It is claimed the Swiss bank refused to accept the funds fearing future complications as Cahuzac was a political figure.
This scandal has sparked one of the biggest political crisis in decades in France, even leading some to declare the contract between the people and government is now broken.
- 1‘Tourists go home’ say Spanish locals in backlash to holiday boom
- 2Fears grow for missing Japanese boy left in woods as punishment
- 3Belgium facing more strike chaos
- 4EgyptAir crash: doomed plane’s distress signal ‘picked up by satellites’
- 5More transport chaos in France in standoff over labour reforms
Latest world news
Americans warned Euro 2016 and other major events could be terror targets this Summer – State Department
Golden State set up rematch of 2015 NBA finals after beating Oklahoma in decisive game seven
French strikes multiply as Euro 2016 nears
Public sector strike heightens industrial strife in Belgium
Migrant death toll in Mediterranean over past week ‘rises to 880’
Wires > News
- 17:50 CET Looming EU referendum casts shadow for British retirees in Spain
- 17:47 CET Turkey’s Erdogan says German law on Armenian genocide could damage…
- 17:45 CET In South Africa, boys more likely to be sexually abused than girls…
- 17:40 CET U.S. warns citizens of possible terrorist attacks in Europe
- 17:00 CET Attempted North Korea missile launch fails – South Korea
- 16:51 CET African envoys say Egyptian called sub-Saharan Africa ‘dogs and…
- 16:42 CET Turkey’s Erdogan says unsure what ‘first step’ Moscow wants to…
- 16:15 CET Doll confusion delays Israel-bound flight from Cyprus