Barcelona have filed a formal complaint with Uefa about the refereeing of their Champions League draw at Paris St Germain on Tuesday.
The Catalans’ principle complaint concerns an incident where Javier Mascherano and Jordi Alba collided leaving both on the ground but referee Wolfgang Stark refused to stop play.
Barca assistant coach Jordi Roura said: “We have always respected the referees, but there is a point where there are very clear and concrete circumstances in which it is convenient to protest. If you don’t it is as if you don’t see the mistakes. We should not be taken for fools. So I think it is important to say something.
Barca added they did not consider themselves badly treated but were surprised that the referee didn’t know the rules of the game.
The La Liga side host PSG in their crucial quarter-final second leg at the Camp Nou on Wednesday night.
Copyright © 2015 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 3Exclusive: CIA and Mossad are behind Boko Haram and ISIL, says Sudan president | euronews, world news
- 4European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 5Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails? | euronews, world news
- 6English and Spanish among happiest languages | euronews, world news
- 7Dramatic dashcam video captures Taiwan plane crash | euronews, world news
- 8International news | euronews, latest international news
- 9Data ‘mocks’ claims migrants try for Europe ‘expecting’ sea rescue | euronews, world news
- 10Exclusive: Tsipras promises meritocracy, transparency for Greece, urges Europe to put people first | euronews, world news
- 11Watch: Ukraine MPs in fierce fist fight outside parliament | euronews, world news
- 12Live updates: follow the 2015 Oscars ceremony | euronews, world news
- 13euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 14Kosovo emptying out, hopes for independent future exhausted | euronews, world news
- 15International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 16Dark matter, dark energy: ESA and CERN set to unravel mysteries of the cosmos | euronews, space
- 17Canada: Valentine’s Day mass shooting plot foiled say police | euronews, world news
- 18Implanted RFID chip controls office access for Stockholm workers | euronews, hi-tech
- 19International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 20Barack Obama’s silly Buzzfeed video goes viral | euronews, world news
Wires > Sport
- 12:15 CET India cruise to easy win over UAE in Perth
- 11:30 CET Man United missing ’20-goal striker’, says Van Gaal
- 09:22 CET Williamson six gives Kiwis one wicket victory
- 07:41 CET UAE win toss, opt to bat against India in Perth
- 05:08 CET England out to exorcise Cake Tin demons against Sri Lanka
- 04:12 CET Boca striker Gigliotti moves to China – report
- 03:36 CET Nadal crushes Delbonis to reach Argentine Open semi-final
- 03:08 CET Malinga gamble starting to pay dividends for Sri Lanka