Barcelona have filed a formal complaint with Uefa about the refereeing of their Champions League draw at Paris St Germain on Tuesday.
The Catalans’ principle complaint concerns an incident where Javier Mascherano and Jordi Alba collided leaving both on the ground but referee Wolfgang Stark refused to stop play.
Barca assistant coach Jordi Roura said: “We have always respected the referees, but there is a point where there are very clear and concrete circumstances in which it is convenient to protest. If you don’t it is as if you don’t see the mistakes. We should not be taken for fools. So I think it is important to say something.
Barca added they did not consider themselves badly treated but were surprised that the referee didn’t know the rules of the game.
The La Liga side host PSG in their crucial quarter-final second leg at the Camp Nou on Wednesday night.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Watch: Passengers ‘push-start’ frozen plane in Siberia | euronews, world news
- 3Le Pen: I admire ‘cool head’ Putin’s resistance to West’s new Cold War | euronews, interview
- 4What will you ask US Senator John McCain? | euronews, world news
- 5Which countries in Europe cause the most air pollution damage? | euronews, world news
- 6McCain blasts Europe’s approach to Ukraine conflict ‘a joke’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 7Moldova pro-EU parties take narrow lead in elections | euronews, world news
- 8NATO joins search for ‘Russian submarine’ off Scottish coast | euronews, world news
- 9Ukraine reports accident at Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant | euronews, world news
- 10Grenoble: Europe’s first ad-free city | euronews, world news
- 11Crude awakening: Romania’s Black Sea oil and gas finds fuel Europe’s energy hopes | euronews, reporter
- 12European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 13The American Century comes to an end as China becomes the world’s largest economy | euronews, economy
- 14Irony as organised crime prosecutor arrested for corruption in Romania | euronews, world news
- 15Israeli warplanes hit targets in Syria | euronews, world news
- 16Germans demand honour for Turkish woman beaten to death | euronews, world news
- 17Obama’s ‘risky’ immigration gamble | euronews, world news
- 18Chechen ‘death’ unit fighting with rebels in eastern Ukraine | euronews, world news
- 19International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 20Belgium’s former queen Fabiola dies at 86 | euronews, world news
Wires > Sport
- 14:11 CET South Africa’s De Kock in doubt for World Cup
- 13:28 CET Analysis – Cook dismissal better late than never for England
- 13:26 CET Mancini positive Inter can finish third
- 12:00 CET Carrick replaces Fletcher as Man United vice-captain
- 10:09 CET Magic Johnson inspires Australia to second test win
- 00:06 CET Kenya’s marathon queen Jeptoo fails second doping test
- 22:27 CET Hughes tragedy overshadows eventful year
- 22:08 CET U.S. swimmer Phelps sentenced to 18 months probation for drunken…