Barcelona have filed a formal complaint with Uefa about the refereeing of their Champions League draw at Paris St Germain on Tuesday.
The Catalans’ principle complaint concerns an incident where Javier Mascherano and Jordi Alba collided leaving both on the ground but referee Wolfgang Stark refused to stop play.
Barca assistant coach Jordi Roura said: “We have always respected the referees, but there is a point where there are very clear and concrete circumstances in which it is convenient to protest. If you don’t it is as if you don’t see the mistakes. We should not be taken for fools. So I think it is important to say something.
Barca added they did not consider themselves badly treated but were surprised that the referee didn’t know the rules of the game.
The La Liga side host PSG in their crucial quarter-final second leg at the Camp Nou on Wednesday night.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 8Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 9Why World Elephant Day matters
- 10International news | euronews, latest international news
- 11UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 12Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 13ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 14Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 15Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 16Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 17As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 18Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
Chavas retains red as Stuyven wins crash-hit Vuelta stage
Bolt celebrates triple triumph at world championships
German sailor Heil infected by Rio’s polluted water
Vuelta a Espana: Lindeman wins stage seven as Froome loses time on title rivals
Judo World Championships: Emane claims third career world title
Wires > Sport
- 13:37 CET Redding joins Pramac Ducati MotoGP team for 2016
- 13:02 CET Cruz Azul woes worsen with Crosas knee injury
- 11:20 CET Namibia relish All Black challenge, coach says
- 11:17 CET High risk, high reward sees Naholo in All Blacks squad
- 09:28 CET Vermaelen takes plaudits after debut Barca goal
- 09:01 CET ‘Falcon’ Navas raises question over Real need for De Gea
- 07:45 CET Legendary trainer Cummings dies aged 87
- 06:18 CET Daly hospitalised after on-course collapse: reports