Barcelona have filed a formal complaint with Uefa about the refereeing of their Champions League draw at Paris St Germain on Tuesday.
The Catalans’ principle complaint concerns an incident where Javier Mascherano and Jordi Alba collided leaving both on the ground but referee Wolfgang Stark refused to stop play.
Barca assistant coach Jordi Roura said: “We have always respected the referees, but there is a point where there are very clear and concrete circumstances in which it is convenient to protest. If you don’t it is as if you don’t see the mistakes. We should not be taken for fools. So I think it is important to say something.
Barca added they did not consider themselves badly treated but were surprised that the referee didn’t know the rules of the game.
The La Liga side host PSG in their crucial quarter-final second leg at the Camp Nou on Wednesday night.
- 1Leicester City aiming for maiden top-flight crown at Theatre of Dreams
- 2The world’s greatest goalscorer – remembering Hungary’s Ferenc Puskas
- 3Leicester City’s title-celebrations on ice after Man United draw
- 4Quintana wins Tour de Romandie as Albasini sprints to final stage honours
- 5NBA playoffs: Miami turn up the heat against Hornets to take series to decisive seventh game
- 1The world’s greatest goalscorer – remembering Hungary’s Ferenc Puskas
- 2Colombia’s Nairo Quintana bumped up on podium in Tour de Romandie
- 3Egypt’s Elshorbagy faces Frenchman Gaultier in El Gouna final
- 4Leicester City aiming for maiden top-flight crown at Theatre of Dreams
- 5Kento Momota admits to gambling at an illegal casino
- 1Champions League preview: Atletico Madrid v Bayern Munich
- 2Preview Champions League: Manchester City v Real Madrid
- 3Iranian climber’s World Cup dream comes true
- 4Colombia’s Nairo Quintana bumped up on podium in Tour de Romandie
- 5Juventus and Dynamo Kiev secure league crowns, Leicester close in on historic Premier League title
Quintana wins Tour de Romandie as Albasini sprints to final stage honours
Leicester City’s title-celebrations on ice after Man United draw
Spurs open up playoff by thrashing the Thunder
Leicester City aiming for maiden top-flight crown at Theatre of Dreams
Elshorbagy continues his World Series winning streak with victory in El Gouna
Wires > Sport
- 00:49 CET Astra clinch first Romanian title as Steaua draw
- 23:43 CET Milan hit back after Balotelli misses penalty
- 23:42 CET Dimitrov suffers racket-smashing meltdown in Istanbul final
- 23:10 CET Ajax keep up narrow lead in Dutch title race
- 22:45 CET Van Gaal at eccentric best in ‘sex masochism’ outburst
- 21:26 CET Kvyat and Red Bull apologise to Vettel for crash
- 21:15 CET Southampton’s Mane man leaves Man City reeling
- 21:01 CET Rosberg joins select group but title is the target