The North Korean army says it has received final approval to launch a “merciless” strike on the US, including the possible use of “cutting edge” nuclear weapons.
It comes as South Korean intelligence claims Pyonyang has moved a mid-range Musudan missile to the country’s east coast, which would put all of South Korea, Japan and the US territory of Guam in range.
US Secretary of State Chuck Hagel is taking the sabre rattling seriously:
“As they have ratcheted up their dangerous rhetoric and some of the actions they have taken over the last few weeks present a real and clear danger.”
In another move North Korea has told South Korean firms operating in the Kaesong industrial zone to withdraw by April 10.
The association has asked the North to extend the deadline until April 13, but has yet to receive a reply.
- 1Pope Francis kisses hands of Holocaust survivors
- 23D, 360° virtual reality is ready to launch – on an adult film
- 3Bombing in Syria not World War III, says Russia’s EU ambassador
- 4Migrant crisis: Hungary poised to shut unofficial border crossings with Croatia
- 5Syria: We believe that Russia has the wrong strategy, says US
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 10Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 11Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 12Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 13Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 14[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 15Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 18Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 19Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job
- 20Israel agents ‘incite’ stone-throwing in West Bank
Latest world news
Islamic Sate fighters seize villages close to Aleppo – reports
Rebuilding a pluralist Syria key to encouraging returns
Nobel Peace Prize for Tunisia’s National Dialogue Quartet
Palestinians shot dead in Gaza as Middle East violence escalates
Russia denies US claims cruise missiles malfunctioned over Iran
Wires > News
- 19:29 CET Israel, Iran trade barbs at U.N. disarmament panel meeting
- 19:23 CET Paris train hero was breaking up fight when stabbed in California…
- 19:17 CET Islamic State closes in on city of Aleppo in Syrian fighting
- 19:13 CET Italy sends Eritreans to Sweden to seek asylum under EU plan
- 19:08 CET Six killed in Gaza as Israeli-Palestinian violence widens
- 18:48 CET Refugee arrivals surge in Greece with bad weather ahead – IOM
- 18:12 CET Poachers kill four rangers, army officer in Congo park
- 18:11 CET In 26 countries, girls more likely to be married off than go to…