04/04/13 06:25 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
The North Korean army says it has received final approval to launch a “merciless” strike on the US, including the possible use of “cutting edge” nuclear weapons.
It comes as South Korean intelligence claims Pyonyang has moved a mid-range Musudan missile to the country’s east coast, which would put all of South Korea, Japan and the US territory of Guam in range.
US Secretary of State Chuck Hagel is taking the sabre rattling seriously:
“As they have ratcheted up their dangerous rhetoric and some of the actions they have taken over the last few weeks present a real and clear danger.”
In another move North Korea has told South Korean firms operating in the Kaesong industrial zone to withdraw by April 10.
The association has asked the North to extend the deadline until April 13, but has yet to receive a reply.
- 1Women ‘tortured and murdered’ in German ‘House of Horrors’
- 2Incredible scenes in the Turkish parliament
- 3Political turmoil on the horizon in Turkey?
- 4Migrants in Idomeni react angrily to idea of visa-free Schengen travel for Turkey
- 5Donald Trump is set to be the Republican US presidential candidate
- 1Incredible scenes in the Turkish parliament
- 2Denmark extends controls on German border, EU set to allow more Schengen exceptions
- 3Three Earth-like planets found outside the Solar System
- 4Palestinians condemn Eurovision Song Contest for flag ban
- 5Rebels launch surprise attack on Aleppo – Syrian state TV
Latest world news
Political turmoil on the horizon in Turkey?
Donald Trump is set to be the Republican US presidential candidate
Syrian army announces 48-hour ‘regime of calm’ in Aleppo
Fires threaten to engulf Canadian city
Migrants in Idomeni react angrily to idea of visa-free Schengen travel for Turkey
Wires > News
- 01:26 CET Cuba scrambles to keep pace with U.S.-fueled tourism boom
- 01:25 CET Ageing Thailand takes toll on indebted households
- 22:50 CET Turkish ruling party preparing to replace PM Davutoglu – officials
- 21:09 CET Merkel says working for U.S.-EU trade deal this year
- 21:06 CET ‘Three Amigos’ Obama, Trudeau, Pena Nieto to meet June 29
- 19:14 CET Russia arrests groups for planning attacks in Moscow region -…
- 18:55 CET U.S., allies to do more to combat Islamic State – Carter
- 18:52 CET ‘Nasty’ wildfire spurs evacuation of 88,000 in Canadian city