03/04/13 09:18 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Blaise Matuidi scored in stoppage time to hand Paris Saint Germain a two all draw with tournament favourites Barcelona in the first leg of their Champions league quarter-final in the French capital.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic cancelled out Lionel Messi’s opener before Xavi looked to have done enough for the win for Barca converting a 90th minute penalty. However Matuidi struck with the last kick of the game to salvage the draw.
Elsewhere David Alaba scored after just 30 seconds to set on-form Bayern Munich on the way to a 2-0 victory over Juventus.
Thomas Mueller added Bayern’s second just after the hour mark after Juve keeper Gigi Buffon made a mess of long-range effort from Luiz Gustavo.
The second legs take place next week.
- 1Real Madrid claim Champions League crown on penalties in Milan
- 2Japanese masterclass on the Guadalajara tatami
- 3Black day for judo’s brightest stars in Guadalajara
- 4Korean Kim fences to saber gold in Moscow
- 5Champions League preview: revenge in the air as Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid prepare to do battle
Wires > Sport
- 17:39 CET Roland Garros roof or extension ‘not crucial’ for Paris 2024 bid
- 17:38 CET South Africa name hooker Strauss as captain
- 17:11 CET Gasquet hopes for ‘Davis Cup’ crowd to help conquer Murray
- 17:08 CET Cook is first Englishman to hit 10,000 test runs
- 16:03 CET Worried Gasol wants more Zika details ahead of Rio
- 15:37 CET Rashford signs long-term contract with Man United
- 15:03 CET Deportivo sack coach Sanchez
- 14:29 CET Champions Leicester set to sign Hanover keeper Zieler