Blaise Matuidi scored in stoppage time to hand Paris Saint Germain a two all draw with tournament favourites Barcelona in the first leg of their Champions league quarter-final in the French capital.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic cancelled out Lionel Messi’s opener before Xavi looked to have done enough for the win for Barca converting a 90th minute penalty. However Matuidi struck with the last kick of the game to salvage the draw.
Elsewhere David Alaba scored after just 30 seconds to set on-form Bayern Munich on the way to a 2-0 victory over Juventus.
Thomas Mueller added Bayern’s second just after the hour mark after Juve keeper Gigi Buffon made a mess of long-range effort from Luiz Gustavo.
The second legs take place next week.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 3Latest News Bulletin
- 4At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 5Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 6[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 7International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 8Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 9International news | euronews, latest international news
- 10Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 11Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 12Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 13Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 14Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 15Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job
- 16Israel agents ‘incite’ stone-throwing in West Bank
- 17Hungary’s army can shoot rubber bullets and tear gas at refugees
- 18Fifa suspends Blatter, Platini and Valcke
- 19Catalan president Artur Mas charged with organising illegal independence referendum
- 20[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections
Former Liverpool striker Cisse released following blackmail arrest
Injured Ireland skipper O’Connell retires from international rugby
Slovakia and Russia book Euro 2016 spot as England complete perfect campaign
Poland dent Republic of Ireland’s hopes for Euro 2016
Holland’s Euro 2016 fate lay in Turkey’s hands
Wires > Sport
- 18:15 CET Insatiable Ronaldo collects fourth Golden Shoe award
- 18:13 CET Bayern winger Coman doubtful for Werder game
- 18:08 CET Controversial Effenberg named as Paderborn coach
- 18:03 CET Kyrgios in hot water again in Shanghai
- 17:54 CET UEFA open disciplinary case against Moldovan Federation
- 17:27 CET Twitter suspends two sports accounts after video sharing…
- 17:24 CET Ageing process sees Euroleague kings Real under threat
- 17:20 CET Federer knocked out in Shanghai opener