Russia’s Adlan Bisultanov produced a superb display to claim gold in the men’s -100 kilo category at the Judo Grand Prix in Samsun on Sunday.
Bisultanov proved unstoppable en route to the top of the podium and struck early on in the final contest with this clinical ippon, leaving his opponent Elmar Gasimov of Azerbaijan down and out.
In the under 81 kilo class, France’s Loic Pietri looked in great shape as he clinched a fourth triumph here by the maximum score, with yet another outstanding performance.
The 22 year old edged out Jaromir Jezek in the semi finals and never looked in trouble in the showpiece match where he downed Ukraine’s Vitalii Dudchyk.
In the +78 Kilo category, Turkey’s Beliks Zehra Kaya gave the crowd something to cheer about when she outclassed Carolin Weiss of Germany in the final.
The reigning European bronze medalist scored a shido early in the contest and held off a ferocious challenge from her opponent to secure the win.
The bronze medals were won by Turkey’s Gulsah Kocaturk and Germany’s Jasmin Kuelbs.
- 1Fourteen Russian athletes test positive from 2008 Olympics
- 2Champions League final: Ronaldo limps out of training but insists he’ll be fit for finale
- 3France defender Varane ruled out of Euro 2016 with injury
- 4The Corner: The winners and losers from Europe’s Cup finals weekend
- 5NBA: Raptors claw their way back into Eastern Conference final
- 1Federer withdraws from French Open
- 2Fourteen Russian athletes test positive from 2008 Olympics
- 3European Aquatics Championships: Pellegrini defends 200 metres freestyle title to add more gold to Italian tally
- 4Spills and thrills as Lorenzo takes lead in MotoGP
- 5Sevilla strike back to beat Liverpool for record third straight Europa League title
Wires > Sport
- 14:21 CET Rosicky determined not to let injuries wreck his career
- 14:07 CET United and Chelsea haggle over Mourinho’s image rights
- 14:02 CET German Kimmich has Olympics in sights if he misses Euros
- 13:14 CET IOC says no reason to doubt Tokyo on bid payments
- 13:11 CET Former Malaga coach Gracia set for Rubin Kazan job
- 13:02 CET Germany defender Boateng questions England’s quality
- 13:00 CET Off-colour Compton admits England future on the line
- 12:55 CET Van Gaal got what he deserved at Man United, says Gullit