Russia’s Adlan Bisultanov produced a superb display to claim gold in the men’s -100 kilo category at the Judo Grand Prix in Samsun on Sunday.
Bisultanov proved unstoppable en route to the top of the podium and struck early on in the final contest with this clinical ippon, leaving his opponent Elmar Gasimov of Azerbaijan down and out.
In the under 81 kilo class, France’s Loic Pietri looked in great shape as he clinched a fourth triumph here by the maximum score, with yet another outstanding performance.
The 22 year old edged out Jaromir Jezek in the semi finals and never looked in trouble in the showpiece match where he downed Ukraine’s Vitalii Dudchyk.
In the +78 Kilo category, Turkey’s Beliks Zehra Kaya gave the crowd something to cheer about when she outclassed Carolin Weiss of Germany in the final.
The reigning European bronze medalist scored a shido early in the contest and held off a ferocious challenge from her opponent to secure the win.
The bronze medals were won by Turkey’s Gulsah Kocaturk and Germany’s Jasmin Kuelbs.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Sweden becomes first EU country to recognise the Palestinian State | euronews, world news
- 3Turkish president Erdogan unveils his new palace of a thousand rooms | euronews, world news
- 4International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 5Revealed: Europe’s capital cities where it’s hardest to be a foreigner | euronews, world news
- 6European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 7Sweden becomes first European nation to recognise Palestine | euronews, world news
- 8euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 9All you need to know about the Ebola virus | euronews, world news
- 10How nasheeds became the soundtrack of jihad | euronews, world news
- 11What to expect in “The World of Ice and Fire,” George R.R. Martin’s new book | euronews, world news
- 12Ebola: Six new suspected cases in Spain | euronews, world news
- 13Where is the best place in Europe for women? | euronews, world news
- 14International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 15Philippe Starck: ‘Words like longevity and legacy have become almost avant-garde’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 16Learning through “serious games” | euronews, learning world
- 17International news | euronews, latest international news
- 18US says ISIL makes $1 million-a-day selling oil – even to enemies | euronews, world news
- 19Mike Tyson: ‘You learn humbleness when you get older in life’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 20Femen protest in Kiev against Navalny verdict | euronews, no comment
Wires > Sport
- 10:26 CET Frenchman Levy shoots 63 to go four clear at BMW Masters
- 10:18 CET Teenager Coric is a man on a mission
- 02:00 CET F1 teams play down talk of U.S. GP boycott
- 00:52 CET Nishikori qualifies for ATP World Tour Finals
- 00:13 CET Hamilton fastest as Mercedes dominate U.S. practice
- 22:32 CET Monaco stall as Reims grab late equaliser
- 22:10 CET Hamilton fastest as Mercedes dominate U.S. practice
- 21:59 CET Kenya’s Mutai goes for New York hat-trick