Russia’s Adlan Bisultanov produced a superb display to claim gold in the men’s -100 kilo category at the Judo Grand Prix in Samsun on Sunday.
Bisultanov proved unstoppable en route to the top of the podium and struck early on in the final contest with this clinical ippon, leaving his opponent Elmar Gasimov of Azerbaijan down and out.
In the under 81 kilo class, France’s Loic Pietri looked in great shape as he clinched a fourth triumph here by the maximum score, with yet another outstanding performance.
The 22 year old edged out Jaromir Jezek in the semi finals and never looked in trouble in the showpiece match where he downed Ukraine’s Vitalii Dudchyk.
In the +78 Kilo category, Turkey’s Beliks Zehra Kaya gave the crowd something to cheer about when she outclassed Carolin Weiss of Germany in the final.
The reigning European bronze medalist scored a shido early in the contest and held off a ferocious challenge from her opponent to secure the win.
The bronze medals were won by Turkey’s Gulsah Kocaturk and Germany’s Jasmin Kuelbs.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Back to School for Romania’s new First Lady | euronews, world news
- 3What will you ask US Senator John McCain? | euronews, world news
- 4Watch: Passengers ‘push-start’ frozen plane in Siberia | euronews, world news
- 5Le Pen: I admire ‘cool head’ Putin’s resistance to West’s new Cold War | euronews, interview
- 6European e-revolution people rise up | euronews, world news
- 7Which countries in Europe cause the most air pollution damage? | euronews, world news
- 8McCain blasts Europe’s approach to Ukraine conflict ‘a joke’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 9Moldova pro-EU parties take narrow lead in elections | euronews, world news
- 10NATO joins search for ‘Russian submarine’ off Scottish coast | euronews, world news
- 11Ukraine reports accident at Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant | euronews, world news
- 12Grenoble: Europe’s first ad-free city | euronews, world news
- 13Crude awakening: Romania’s Black Sea oil and gas finds fuel Europe’s energy hopes | euronews, reporter
- 14European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 15The American Century comes to an end as China becomes the world’s largest economy | euronews, economy
- 16Irony as organised crime prosecutor arrested for corruption in Romania | euronews, world news
- 17Israeli warplanes hit targets in Syria | euronews, world news
- 18Germans demand honour for Turkish woman beaten to death | euronews, world news
- 19Obama’s ‘risky’ immigration gamble | euronews, world news
- 20Chechen ‘death’ unit fighting with rebels in eastern Ukraine | euronews, world news
Wires > Sport
- 03:01 CET Armitage banned for 12 weeks after abusive rant
- 02:04 CET Sitting at the top table with Argentine Speroni
- 01:32 CET All Black Carter to join French club after World Cup
- 00:44 CET Wallabies Ashley-Cooper, Horwill hopping to Europe
- 23:48 CET Allegri ban overturned
- 23:16 CET Bolt against changes to athletics programme
- 22:26 CET FIFA ethics investigator Garcia resigns in protest
- 22:19 CET Tyson Gay’s former coach suspended eight years