Russia’s Adlan Bisultanov produced a superb display to claim gold in the men’s -100 kilo category at the Judo Grand Prix in Samsun on Sunday.
Bisultanov proved unstoppable en route to the top of the podium and struck early on in the final contest with this clinical ippon, leaving his opponent Elmar Gasimov of Azerbaijan down and out.
In the under 81 kilo class, France’s Loic Pietri looked in great shape as he clinched a fourth triumph here by the maximum score, with yet another outstanding performance.
The 22 year old edged out Jaromir Jezek in the semi finals and never looked in trouble in the showpiece match where he downed Ukraine’s Vitalii Dudchyk.
In the +78 Kilo category, Turkey’s Beliks Zehra Kaya gave the crowd something to cheer about when she outclassed Carolin Weiss of Germany in the final.
The reigning European bronze medalist scored a shido early in the contest and held off a ferocious challenge from her opponent to secure the win.
The bronze medals were won by Turkey’s Gulsah Kocaturk and Germany’s Jasmin Kuelbs.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Serbia and Albania await Uefa punishment over violence-marred Euro2016 qualifier
- 2Volvo Ocean Race: Fleet still together one week in
- 3FIFA begins 2018 World Cup stadium inspection
- 4AS Roma suffer humiliating defeat to Bayern in Champions League
- 5Heavyweights in action on final day of Judo Grand Prix Tashkent
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Now is ‘right time’ for Catalonia independence vote, says Mas | euronews, world news
- 3Vatican rocked by another paedophilia scandal | euronews, world news
- 4Two container ships collide on Egypt’s Suez Canal | euronews, no comment
- 5British Muslims’ message to ISIL: Not in my name! | euronews, world news
- 6Revealed: Europe’s capital cities where it’s hardest to be a foreigner | euronews, world news
- 7Sweden becomes first European nation to recognise Palestine | euronews, world news
- 8International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 9European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 10How nasheeds became the soundtrack of jihad | euronews, world news
- 11Iceland volcano ‘pollutes Paris’ | euronews, world news
- 12Ebola: Six new suspected cases in Spain | euronews, world news
- 13Emma Watson threatened with naked photos leak after UN equality speech | euronews, world news
- 14Learning through “serious games” | euronews, learning world
- 15Mike Tyson: ‘You learn humbleness when you get older in life’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 16US delivers technical aid to Ukraine but warns over security | euronews, world news
- 17euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 18Global warming to ‘cause 250,000 extra deaths a year’ | euronews, world news
- 19All you need to know about the Ebola virus | euronews, world news
- 20International news | euronews, latest international news
Wires > Sport
- 16:24 CET Ivanovic bows out despite beating Halep at WTA Finals
- 16:13 CET Williams guaranteed year-end number one ranking
- 16:07 CET Murray improves London chances with battling Valencia win
- 15:45 CET Kvitova targets Fed Cup win after WTA Finals exit
- 15:31 CET Suarez to return in clasico, says Barca coach
- 14:58 CET Wallaby Beale fined but escapes ban for offensive text
- 14:53 CET Radwanska ‘owes’ Wozniacki after getting to semis
- 14:39 CET Neymar defies Dunga, backs challenger in presidential election