Russia’s Adlan Bisultanov produced a superb display to claim gold in the men’s -100 kilo category at the Judo Grand Prix in Samsun on Sunday.
Bisultanov proved unstoppable en route to the top of the podium and struck early on in the final contest with this clinical ippon, leaving his opponent Elmar Gasimov of Azerbaijan down and out.
In the under 81 kilo class, France’s Loic Pietri looked in great shape as he clinched a fourth triumph here by the maximum score, with yet another outstanding performance.
The 22 year old edged out Jaromir Jezek in the semi finals and never looked in trouble in the showpiece match where he downed Ukraine’s Vitalii Dudchyk.
In the +78 Kilo category, Turkey’s Beliks Zehra Kaya gave the crowd something to cheer about when she outclassed Carolin Weiss of Germany in the final.
The reigning European bronze medalist scored a shido early in the contest and held off a ferocious challenge from her opponent to secure the win.
The bronze medals were won by Turkey’s Gulsah Kocaturk and Germany’s Jasmin Kuelbs.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russian rumour mill suggests Putin suffering poor health | euronews, world news
- 3Slovenia becomes 11th EU nation to approve gay marriage | euronews, world news
- 4[LIVE] Germanwings passenger jet crashes in southern France, 148 people on board – authorities | euronews, world news
- 5Exclusive: CIA and Mossad are behind Boko Haram and ISIL, says Sudan president | euronews, world news
- 6Indian rapist says women to blame for being sexually assaulted | euronews, world news
- 7International news | euronews, latest international news
- 8French Alps plane crash treated as suicide and mass murder by co-pilot | euronews, world news
- 9Why is Bulgaria the EU’s most unhappy country? | euronews, world news
- 10eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 11Greece’s claim for war reparations from Germany explained | euronews, world news
- 12Reaching new heights: Parents in India scale walls to ‘help students cheat’ | euronews, world news
- 13Tens of thousands march in Moscow in memory of Boris Nemtsov | euronews, world news
- 14Handwriting and the digital age, time for change in schools? | euronews, learning world
- 15London calling: why home-loving Hungarians are flocking to British capital | euronews, reporter
- 16International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 17French prosecutor: Germanwings co-pilot appears to have crashed plane deliberately | euronews, world news
- 18Manufacturing jihad – Nicolas Hénin explains what he learned about ISIL | euronews, the global conversation
- 19Germanwings press conference mystery: what wasn’t he supposed to say? | euronews, world news
- 20Which EU country has the biggest gender pay gap? | euronews, world news
Wires > Sport
- 06:29 CET Match abandoned as violence continues to plague Argentine game
- 05:46 CET Kaino first All Black to commit beyond Lions tour
- 05:42 CET Vettori confirms international cricket retirement
- 02:31 CET Australia name Ahmed, Voges in Ashes tour squad
- 01:14 CET Brazilian club abandon World Cup stadium in Salvador
- 01:05 CET FA end plan for combined British team at Rio Games – report
- 20:54 CET Del Bosque wants more constructive criticism of Spain
- 20:48 CET Kane to start for England against Italy, says Hodgson