On day one of the Judo Grand Prix in Samsu, Turkey, Russia’s Musa Mogushkov dealt quickly with Mongolian Olympic bronze medalist Nyam-Ochir Sainjargal by throwing him for ippon after 74 seconds in the men’s 73kg category.
In the 66kg weight former world champion, Ukraine’s Georgiy Zantaraia, beat Israel’s Golan Pollack with two yuko scores, an impressive gold for the Ukrainian.
In the women’s 48kg competition Belgium’s Olympic bronze medalist, Charline van Snick took gold in Turkey by defeating the German Kay Kraus with a throw for ippon.
Kosovan Majlinda Kalmendi took just one minute and fifteen seconds to find ippon against Mareen Kraeh from Germany in the 52kg ranking. Kalmendi’s fine form shows no sign of ending.
- 1England dumped out of their own World Cup
- 2Rugby World Cup 2015: England crash out after 33-13 loss to Australia
- 3Djokovic takes the glory but both he and Nadal take the money in Thailand exhibition
- 4Thick haze in Singapore disrupts World Cup finals
- 5Rugby World Cup 2015: South Africa down Scotland to move top
- 1Djokovic takes the glory but both he and Nadal take the money in Thailand exhibition
- 2Champions League day two match preview
- 3England dumped out of their own World Cup
- 4Sagan makes history and gives Slovakia its first cycling World Champion
- 5Roma and Arsenal crash, Barcelona come back in latest Champions League clashes
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 10Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 11Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 12Denmark: launches anti-migrant ad campaign
- 13Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 14Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 15Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 16Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 17Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 18International news | euronews, latest international news
- 19Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job
- 20Hungary’s army can shoot rubber bullets and tear gas at refugees
Russia’s expensive Olympic village falling into ruin
Liverpool manager sacked eight games in to Premier League
Frankie Dettori wins Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe on Golden Horn
Greek freejumper delights crowds in Santorini in the Redbull Art of Motion 2015 finals
Rugby World Cup 2015: England crash out after 33-13 loss to Australia
Wires > Sport
- 21:08 CET UEFA delays punishing Romania for fans’ racist behaviour
- 20:25 CET Australia flanker Hooper cited for shoulder charge
- 20:04 CET South Africa parole review delays Pistorius release
- 19:39 CET I’m incredibly disappointed to leave Liverpool – Rodgers
- 19:30 CET English businesses join fans mourning early World Cup exit
- 19:27 CET Springboks seek to banish doubts with strong finish
- 19:23 CET Georgia want to make memorable World Cup count
- 19:09 CET Lancaster has done wonders and should stay, says Farrell