On day one of the Judo Grand Prix in Samsu, Turkey, Russia’s Musa Mogushkov dealt quickly with Mongolian Olympic bronze medalist Nyam-Ochir Sainjargal by throwing him for ippon after 74 seconds in the men’s 73kg category.
In the 66kg weight former world champion, Ukraine’s Georgiy Zantaraia, beat Israel’s Golan Pollack with two yuko scores, an impressive gold for the Ukrainian.
In the women’s 48kg competition Belgium’s Olympic bronze medalist, Charline van Snick took gold in Turkey by defeating the German Kay Kraus with a throw for ippon.
Kosovan Majlinda Kalmendi took just one minute and fifteen seconds to find ippon against Mareen Kraeh from Germany in the 52kg ranking. Kalmendi’s fine form shows no sign of ending.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 10:01 CET Former Argentine ace Aimar axed by Malaysian team
- 09:45 CET Wembley can wait, Hull boss’s focus on Premier League status
- 07:44 CET Bloods clots end Super Rugby season for Hurricanes prop
- 05:26 CET Wilshere will be back and polished for World Cup – Wenger
- 04:44 CET Villa owner Lerner to decide on future at end of season
- 01:10 CET Jimenez wins senior debut but focus is on Ryder Cup
- 00:07 CET Benfica beat Olhanense to clinch Portuguese title
- 00:01 CET Borini delighted to make history with Sunderland