On day one of the Judo Grand Prix in Samsu, Turkey, Russia’s Musa Mogushkov dealt quickly with Mongolian Olympic bronze medalist Nyam-Ochir Sainjargal by throwing him for ippon after 74 seconds in the men’s 73kg category.
In the 66kg weight former world champion, Ukraine’s Georgiy Zantaraia, beat Israel’s Golan Pollack with two yuko scores, an impressive gold for the Ukrainian.
In the women’s 48kg competition Belgium’s Olympic bronze medalist, Charline van Snick took gold in Turkey by defeating the German Kay Kraus with a throw for ippon.
Kosovan Majlinda Kalmendi took just one minute and fifteen seconds to find ippon against Mareen Kraeh from Germany in the 52kg ranking. Kalmendi’s fine form shows no sign of ending.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 3[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 4Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 7Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 8[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 9Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 10Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 11‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 12NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 13Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 14Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 15Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 16Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 17Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 18Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
- 19Hungary: billboard war sparks international concern
- 20[Latest] AKP loses its majority as Kurdish party enter Turkish Parliament
Wires > Sport
- 14:29 CET Argentina’s search for elusive final key continues
- 14:17 CET Williamses renew rivalry as little sister eyes Serena Slam
- 13:21 CET Du Plessis leads South Africa to easy win in Bangladesh
- 12:59 CET Lauda dismisses talk of Mercedes supplying Red Bull
- 11:44 CET Ecclestone has more talks with Monza
- 08:18 CET Australia diminished after Harris forced to call it quits
- 06:59 CET Villa fires New York City to win over Montreal
- 06:01 CET Lost opportunity for Hurricanes but some positive signs