The International Olympic Committee continued their visit of Istanbul this week as the Turkish city bids to host the 2020 Olympic games.
The city where Europe meets Asia is the final stop for the evaluation committee who over the last few weeks have already toured rival bids Tokyo and Madrid.
After meeting with Turkish President Abdullah Gul early in the morning the IOC made a trip to the Ataturk Olympic Stadium, where local children ran a race.
If Istanbul is successful in its bid it will be the first time the Olympic Games will be held in Turkey.
The IOC’s trip will end on Wednesday with the winning bid to be announced in September.
Copyright © 2015 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Exclusive: CIA and Mossad are behind Boko Haram and ISIL, says Sudan president | euronews, world news
- 3eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 4Indian rapist says women to blame for being sexually assaulted | euronews, world news
- 5English and Spanish among happiest languages | euronews, world news
- 6Exclusive: Tsipras promises meritocracy, transparency for Greece, urges Europe to put people first | euronews, world news
- 7Tens of thousands march in Moscow in memory of Boris Nemtsov | euronews, world news
- 8International news | euronews, latest international news
- 9Dramatic dashcam video captures Taiwan plane crash | euronews, world news
- 10Data ‘mocks’ claims migrants try for Europe ‘expecting’ sea rescue | euronews, world news
- 11European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 12Watch: Ukraine MPs in fierce fist fight outside parliament | euronews, world news
- 13‘Blue’ dress causes internet confusion. Is it white and gold? | euronews, world news
- 14Live updates: follow the 2015 Oscars ceremony | euronews, world news
- 15euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 16Kosovo emptying out, hopes for independent future exhausted | euronews, world news
- 17Handwriting and the digital age, time for change in schools? | euronews, learning world
- 18Implanted RFID chip controls office access for Stockholm workers | euronews, hi-tech
- 19London calling: why home-loving Hungarians are flocking to British capital | euronews, reporter
- 20Elastic road surface reduces motorway noise pollution | euronews, futuris
Wires > Sport
- 07:32 CET Clarke delighted after Afghanistan ask Australia to bat
- 07:10 CET Beach-combing Scots back themselves against Bangladesh
- 07:04 CET England likely to lose Ballance in search of equilibrium
- 06:42 CET USA Swimming may let Phelps race at world championships
- 05:59 CET Shehzad falls for 93 as Pakistan post 339-6 against UAE
- 01:25 CET Austin to host Match Play Championship from 2016-19
- 00:31 CET Olympiakos chief Marinakis fines players for poor displays
- 23:31 CET Immobile double puts Dortmund in Cup last eight