The International Olympic Committee continued their visit of Istanbul this week as the Turkish city bids to host the 2020 Olympic games.
The city where Europe meets Asia is the final stop for the evaluation committee who over the last few weeks have already toured rival bids Tokyo and Madrid.
After meeting with Turkish President Abdullah Gul early in the morning the IOC made a trip to the Ataturk Olympic Stadium, where local children ran a race.
If Istanbul is successful in its bid it will be the first time the Olympic Games will be held in Turkey.
The IOC’s trip will end on Wednesday with the winning bid to be announced in September.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Podemos: Spanish indignation in Brussels’ corridors of power | euronews, reporter
- 2Israel announces it will seize 400 acres in West Bank | euronews, world news
- 3Watch: Angry mob throw Ukraine MP into rubbish bin | euronews, world news
- 4Hoverbike on the horizon | euronews, hi-tech
- 5Japan sounds bluefin warning, calls for 50% catch cut | euronews, world news
- 6China executes eight Muslims convicted of terrorism | euronews, world news
- 7New car offers freedom for disabled drivers | euronews, hi-tech
- 83D printing: a driving force in design and engineering | euronews, hi-tech
- 9Ukraine accuses Russian aid convoy of stealing factory equipment | euronews, world news
- 10Rise of the machines | euronews, futuris
- 11Young Yazidi girl escapes Islamic State kidnappers | euronews, world news
- 12EU leaders name Donald Tusk European Council president | euronews, world news
- 13#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians | euronews, world news
- 14The business benefits of EU chemical regulation | euronews, business planet
- 15#Indyref Live: Scotland votes on independence from UK | euronews, world news
- 16Risk of fresh ash cloud threatens European air travel | euronews, world news
- 17Canada sends hilarious barb to Russia over Ukraine ‘incursions’ | euronews, world news
- 18Thousands of Catalans call for choice on split from Spain | euronews, world news
- 19Iceland puts on a show as two of its volcanoes spew out lava | euronews, world news
- 20Marine Le Pen criticises France’s decision to halt Mistral warship sale to Russia | euronews, world news
Wires > Sport
- 13:36 CET Alonso quickest in final Singapore practice
- 13:01 CET Ivanovic downs Kerber, to meet Wozniacki in Tokyo final
- 12:29 CET Smith leads in Malaysia after sick Lahiri stumbles
- 12:17 CET Niculescu beats heat and Cornet to win Guangzhou title
- 07:35 CET Nishikori says hopes to fill Li void in Asia
- 00:19 CET U.S. sprinter Spearmon tests positive for banned substance
- 22:16 CET English clubs agree compensation in World Cup dispute
- 22:01 CET Masked Mandzukic to return in around 10 days