The International Olympic Committee continued their visit of Istanbul this week as the Turkish city bids to host the 2020 Olympic games.
The city where Europe meets Asia is the final stop for the evaluation committee who over the last few weeks have already toured rival bids Tokyo and Madrid.
After meeting with Turkish President Abdullah Gul early in the morning the IOC made a trip to the Ataturk Olympic Stadium, where local children ran a race.
If Istanbul is successful in its bid it will be the first time the Olympic Games will be held in Turkey.
The IOC’s trip will end on Wednesday with the winning bid to be announced in September.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Watch: Passengers ‘push-start’ frozen plane in Siberia | euronews, world news
- 3Le Pen: I admire ‘cool head’ Putin’s resistance to West’s new Cold War | euronews, interview
- 4What will you ask US Senator John McCain? | euronews, world news
- 5McCain blasts Europe’s approach to Ukraine conflict ‘a joke’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 6Which countries in Europe cause the most air pollution damage? | euronews, world news
- 7Moldova pro-EU parties take narrow lead in elections | euronews, world news
- 8Grenoble: Europe’s first ad-free city | euronews, world news
- 9NATO joins search for ‘Russian submarine’ off Scottish coast | euronews, world news
- 10European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 11Obama’s ‘risky’ immigration gamble | euronews, world news
- 12Ukraine reports accident at Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant | euronews, world news
- 13Crude awakening: Romania’s Black Sea oil and gas finds fuel Europe’s energy hopes | euronews, reporter
- 14Irony as organised crime prosecutor arrested for corruption in Romania | euronews, world news
- 15The American Century comes to an end as China becomes the world’s largest economy | euronews, economy
- 16International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 17Belgium’s former queen Fabiola dies at 86 | euronews, world news
- 18Germans demand honour for Turkish woman beaten to death | euronews, world news
- 19Chechen ‘death’ unit fighting with rebels in eastern Ukraine | euronews, world news
- 20Portugal: Ex-PM José Socrates held in corruption probe | euronews, world news
Wires > Sport
- 18:32 CET Messi double, Suarez hits first La Liga goal in Barca rout
- 18:28 CET Disastrous Dortmund end year with loss at Bremen
- 18:23 CET Dominguez to coach Toulon, Nonu to join after World Cup
- 18:21 CET England’s Hartley sees red for elbow
- 17:42 CET Vergne named Ferrari simulator driver
- 16:40 CET Schalke striker Huntelaar extends deal to 2017
- 15:56 CET Maradona renews contract with Venezuela’s Telesur network
- 14:11 CET South Africa’s De Kock in doubt for World Cup