The International Olympic Committee continued their visit of Istanbul this week as the Turkish city bids to host the 2020 Olympic games.
The city where Europe meets Asia is the final stop for the evaluation committee who over the last few weeks have already toured rival bids Tokyo and Madrid.
After meeting with Turkish President Abdullah Gul early in the morning the IOC made a trip to the Ataturk Olympic Stadium, where local children ran a race.
If Istanbul is successful in its bid it will be the first time the Olympic Games will be held in Turkey.
The IOC’s trip will end on Wednesday with the winning bid to be announced in September.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 3Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 4[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 7Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 8Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 9Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 10Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 11‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 12Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria focus of EU cash fraud probes
- 13NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 14Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 15Interpol issues ‘red notice’ for accused ex-FIFA bosses
- 16Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 17Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 18Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 19Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 20Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
Wires > Sport
- 17:00 CET F1 fans want change without gimmicks, survey shows
- 16:41 CET Rashid, Finn in England squad for first Ashes test
- 14:48 CET Estonia goal-fest continues as pros beat amateurs 31-0
- 14:24 CET Veteran defender Distin signs for new boys Bournemouth
- 14:06 CET IOC says Tokyo’s preparation ‘outstanding’, costs need watching
- 13:42 CET New signing Cech believes Arsenal ready to win league title
- 13:38 CET Liverpool complete Clyne signing from Southampton
- 13:18 CET Hamilton determined to dominate home race