The International Olympic Committee continued their visit of Istanbul this week as the Turkish city bids to host the 2020 Olympic games.
The city where Europe meets Asia is the final stop for the evaluation committee who over the last few weeks have already toured rival bids Tokyo and Madrid.
After meeting with Turkish President Abdullah Gul early in the morning the IOC made a trip to the Ataturk Olympic Stadium, where local children ran a race.
If Istanbul is successful in its bid it will be the first time the Olympic Games will be held in Turkey.
The IOC’s trip will end on Wednesday with the winning bid to be announced in September.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 8French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 9Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 10Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 11Latest News Bulletin
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 14Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 15‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 16At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 17Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 18Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 19Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 20Tsipras says if Greeks approve the EU’s aid plan, Syriza will resign
Wires > Sport
- 15:57 CET Rio Olympic athletes risk serious illness from polluted water – AP
- 15:54 CET UK Athletics says no evidence of Farah ‘impropriety’
- 14:49 CET Arsenal out to make statement of intent against Chelsea
- 14:11 CET Johnson fireworks lead Australia’s fightback in third test
- 13:14 CET Hockenheim offers cheaper tickets to entice fans
- 12:29 CET Deep pockets and diplomacy, Korean Chung set for FIFA race
- 10:20 CET Booing of aboriginal athlete sparks heated race debate in Australia
- 10:18 CET Johnson, Rose to light up Hong Kong Open