The International Olympic Committee continued their visit of Istanbul this week as the Turkish city bids to host the 2020 Olympic games.
The city where Europe meets Asia is the final stop for the evaluation committee who over the last few weeks have already toured rival bids Tokyo and Madrid.
After meeting with Turkish President Abdullah Gul early in the morning the IOC made a trip to the Ataturk Olympic Stadium, where local children ran a race.
If Istanbul is successful in its bid it will be the first time the Olympic Games will be held in Turkey.
The IOC’s trip will end on Wednesday with the winning bid to be announced in September.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Sweden becomes first EU country to recognise the Palestinian State | euronews, world news
- 3Italy swamped by flash floods | euronews, world news
- 4Back to School for Romania’s new First Lady | euronews, world news
- 5Turkish president Erdogan unveils his new palace of a thousand rooms | euronews, world news
- 6India PM Modi appoints Yoga minister | euronews, world news
- 7[Live] Rosetta’s Philae lands on comet 67P and enters the history books | euronews, world news
- 8Vladimir Putin most powerful man in the world – Forbes | euronews, world news
- 9European e-revolution people rise up | euronews, world news
- 10International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 11Revealed: Europe’s capital cities where it’s hardest to be a foreigner | euronews, world news
- 12Where is the best place in Europe for women? | euronews, world news
- 13Nadia Comaneci: gymnast of perfection and defector | euronews, the global conversation
- 14Putin plans to leave G20 talks early amid Ukraine pressure | euronews, world news
- 15Philippe Starck: ‘Words like longevity and legacy have become almost avant-garde’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 16US says ISIL makes $1 million-a-day selling oil – even to enemies | euronews, world news
- 17International news | euronews, latest international news
- 18Syria: Islamic extremists pledge to press ahead with battle for Kobani | euronews, world news
- 19World news video | euronews the latest world news online | breaking world news video
- 20US-Iranian reporter to be freed or pardoned ‘in less than a month’ | euronews, world news
Wires > Sport
- 23:21 CET Basketball – Barca, Olympiakos, CSKA reach Euroleague Top 16
- 23:03 CET San Francisco to submit bid for 2024 Olympics
- 22:35 CET Wigan owner Whelan accused of anti-Semitism
- 22:11 CET Banned FIFA official charged with fraud, money-laundering
- 19:16 CET Iniesta back in training before Sevilla clash
- 19:15 CET Captain Creevy returns as Pumas make four changes versus France
- 18:37 CET Stevens gets his F1 chance with Caterham
- 18:35 CET Ebola-ravaged Guinea overcome odds to reach Nations Cup