Defending champion Sebastian Vettel held his nerve to edge out team-mate Mark Webber and win a controversial Malaysian Grand Prix in Sepang on Sunday.
Webber had produced a superb display to climb into the lead and was told by his Red Bull team to ease off in the closing stages. Vettel took the opportunity to edge past the Australian and claim his 27th race win.
Britain’s Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg finished third and fourth respectively and this win sees Vettel stretch his lead atop the overall standings.
The 25-year-old now leads Kimi Raikkonen by nine points going into the third race of the season in Shanghai on April 14.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 8French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 9Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 10Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 11Latest News Bulletin
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 14Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 15‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 16At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 17Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 18Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 19Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 20Tsipras says if Greeks approve the EU’s aid plan, Syriza will resign
Wires > Sport
- 10:20 CET Booing of aboriginal athlete sparks heated race debate in Australia
- 10:18 CET Johnson, Rose to light up Hong Kong Open
- 09:59 CET Almaty says not snowed under by issues facing Beijing
- 07:59 CET Japan dismisses plagiarism claims over 2020 logo
- 06:55 CET Kaka leads MLS All-Star side to win over Tottenham
- 05:53 CET Activists aim to derail Beijing’s bid for Winter Olympics
- 03:52 CET IAAF expecting full Bird’s Nest for world championships
- 01:21 CET Felix to run 400m and relays at worlds