Defending champion Sebastian Vettel held his nerve to edge out team-mate Mark Webber and win a controversial Malaysian Grand Prix in Sepang on Sunday.
Webber had produced a superb display to climb into the lead and was told by his Red Bull team to ease off in the closing stages. Vettel took the opportunity to edge past the Australian and claim his 27th race win.
Britain’s Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg finished third and fourth respectively and this win sees Vettel stretch his lead atop the overall standings.
The 25-year-old now leads Kimi Raikkonen by nine points going into the third race of the season in Shanghai on April 14.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 6Why World Elephant Day matters
- 7Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 8Latest News Bulletin
- 9Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 10UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 11Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 12Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 13ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 14Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 15Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 16Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 17As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 18European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 19International news | euronews, latest international news
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
Wires > Sport
- 08:59 CET Funes Mori tipped to make Everton debut against Chelsea
- 08:43 CET World Cup football qualifier exposes China-Hong Kong tensions
- 08:25 CET Pedro denies rejecting Man United offer to avoid Van Gaal
- 08:01 CET Tottenham striker Kane dismisses ‘one-season wonder’ tag
- 04:56 CET Wallabies bank on the ‘Cheik-effect’ for World Cup success
- 04:37 CET Murray overcomes two-set deficit in New York heat
- 04:26 CET Wales braced for dogfight with England and Australia
- 04:18 CET England sense glory, but risk ignominy