Defending champion Sebastian Vettel held his nerve to edge out team-mate Mark Webber and win a controversial Malaysian Grand Prix in Sepang on Sunday.
Webber had produced a superb display to climb into the lead and was told by his Red Bull team to ease off in the closing stages. Vettel took the opportunity to edge past the Australian and claim his 27th race win.
Britain’s Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg finished third and fourth respectively and this win sees Vettel stretch his lead atop the overall standings.
The 25-year-old now leads Kimi Raikkonen by nine points going into the third race of the season in Shanghai on April 14.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russian rumour mill suggests Putin suffering poor health | euronews, world news
- 3Slovenia becomes 11th EU nation to approve gay marriage | euronews, world news
- 4[LIVE] Germanwings passenger jet crashes in southern France, 148 people on board – authorities | euronews, world news
- 5Indian rapist says women to blame for being sexually assaulted | euronews, world news
- 6Exclusive: CIA and Mossad are behind Boko Haram and ISIL, says Sudan president | euronews, world news
- 7International news | euronews, latest international news
- 8French Alps plane crash treated as suicide and mass murder by co-pilot | euronews, world news
- 9Why is Bulgaria the EU’s most unhappy country? | euronews, world news
- 10Greece’s claim for war reparations from Germany explained | euronews, world news
- 11eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 12Reaching new heights: Parents in India scale walls to ‘help students cheat’ | euronews, world news
- 13Tens of thousands march in Moscow in memory of Boris Nemtsov | euronews, world news
- 14Handwriting and the digital age, time for change in schools? | euronews, learning world
- 15London calling: why home-loving Hungarians are flocking to British capital | euronews, reporter
- 16French prosecutor: Germanwings co-pilot appears to have crashed plane deliberately | euronews, world news
- 17Manufacturing jihad – Nicolas Hénin explains what he learned about ISIL | euronews, the global conversation
- 18Germanwings press conference mystery: what wasn’t he supposed to say? | euronews, world news
- 19Which EU country has the biggest gender pay gap? | euronews, world news
- 20Romania left red-faced after France-Germany map gaffe | euronews, world news
Wires > Sport
- 12:51 CET Astana’s fate not sealed yet, decision expected in two weeks
- 12:43 CET Romania coach Iordanescu slams pitch in Ploiesti
- 11:41 CET Newcastle announce record profits
- 11:25 CET Germany will hit top form in crucial qualifiers, says Loew
- 11:06 CET Ecclestone proposes championship for women
- 10:51 CET Matic shines on another gloomy night for Serbia
- 08:30 CET Dynasty beckons for triumphant Australia
- 06:52 CET Power reigns supreme at 11th World Cup