Local favourite Jurij Tepes completed an outstanding personal final ski jumping World Cup round by clinching the last event of the season in Planica on Sunday.
Less than 24 hours after winning the team competition with Slovenia, the 23 year old jumped 217m and was sixth best in round 2 with an effort of 214m for an overall total of 425.5.
Rune Velta of Norway was sixth in round one and the best of round two with a distance of 217.5m giving him a total of 423.7 to move up to second ahead of Slovenia’s Peter Prevc.
Japan’s Noriaki Kasai and Piotr Zyla of Poland finished fourth and fifth respectively.
Austria’s Gregor Schlierenzauer had a disappointing day and placed 11th to conclude an incredible season that has seen him defend his Four Hills crown and win the overall and ski flying World Cup titles.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 6Why World Elephant Day matters
- 7Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 8Latest News Bulletin
- 9Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 10UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 11Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 12Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 13ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 14Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 15Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 18As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
Wires > Sport
- 22:02 CET Man City flex muscles as English clubs break spending record
- 21:57 CET Los Angeles named U.S. bid candidate for 2024 Games
- 21:36 CET Real, United blame each other over failed De Gea deal
- 21:19 CET Los Angeles votes to pursue hosting 2024 Summer Olympics
- 21:11 CET Bulgaria keeper Stoyanov ruled out of Euro qualifiers
- 20:35 CET India’s Sharma and Sri Lankan Chandimal get bans
- 20:17 CET Romania to donate match profits to sick player
- 19:47 CET Water will be clean in time for Games – Rio 2016 chief