Local favourite Jurij Tepes completed an outstanding personal final ski jumping World Cup round by clinching the last event of the season in Planica on Sunday.
Less than 24 hours after winning the team competition with Slovenia, the 23 year old jumped 217m and was sixth best in round 2 with an effort of 214m for an overall total of 425.5.
Rune Velta of Norway was sixth in round one and the best of round two with a distance of 217.5m giving him a total of 423.7 to move up to second ahead of Slovenia’s Peter Prevc.
Japan’s Noriaki Kasai and Piotr Zyla of Poland finished fourth and fifth respectively.
Austria’s Gregor Schlierenzauer had a disappointing day and placed 11th to conclude an incredible season that has seen him defend his Four Hills crown and win the overall and ski flying World Cup titles.
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Nepal: ‘equally big earthquakes coming in eastern regions,’ expert tells euronews | euronews, world news
- 5It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 6How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 7Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 8Juncker to Hungarian PM Orban: “Hello, Dictator!”
- 9Exclusive: unrest in FYR Macedonia could hit other Balkan countries warns Serbian PM | euronews, world news
- 10Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 11International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 12Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 13International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 14Portuguese language reform law goes global | euronews, world news
- 15EU membership remains Serbia’s priority, says PM Aleksandar Vucic | euronews, the global conversation
- 16Watch: France’s Jean-Marie Le Pen clashes with UKIP MEP Woolfe | euronews, world news
- 17Spain: the viral soldiers fighting in Madrid and Barcelona mayoral races | euronews, world news
- 18How young translators are helping knit European culture together | euronews, generation y
- 19eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 20We will not be moved! China’s urban spread resistance [PHOTOS]
Wires > Sport
- 21:10 CET Homegrown Monfils feels no extra French Open pressure
- 21:00 CET Dramatic derby win sends Roma into Champions League
- 20:11 CET Nervy Murray through to second round
- 19:40 CET Coric leads teenage assault on Roland Garros
- 19:30 CET McClaren sacked as head coach by Derby Country
- 18:58 CET Coughing Sharapova canters into French Open second round
- 18:10 CET Early goals seal Norwich’s win in playoff final
- 18:08 CET Arrivabene responds to Ecclestone criticism