Local favourite Jurij Tepes completed an outstanding personal final ski jumping World Cup round by clinching the last event of the season in Planica on Sunday.
Less than 24 hours after winning the team competition with Slovenia, the 23 year old jumped 217m and was sixth best in round 2 with an effort of 214m for an overall total of 425.5.
Rune Velta of Norway was sixth in round one and the best of round two with a distance of 217.5m giving him a total of 423.7 to move up to second ahead of Slovenia’s Peter Prevc.
Japan’s Noriaki Kasai and Piotr Zyla of Poland finished fourth and fifth respectively.
Austria’s Gregor Schlierenzauer had a disappointing day and placed 11th to conclude an incredible season that has seen him defend his Four Hills crown and win the overall and ski flying World Cup titles.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Africa Cup of Nations to go ahead in Morocco despite hosts Ebola fears
- 2Andres Iniesta gets the Golden Foot award ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo
- 3Volvo Ocean Race: Fleet still together one week in
- 4‘The Corner’ an Italian hero, zero, hero and woe in Warsaw for Germany
- 5UEFA set to charge Serbia and Albania after flag brawl
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Iraq: Baghdad rally held against US ‘occupiers’ | euronews, world news
- 3Now is ‘right time’ for Catalonia independence vote, says Mas | euronews, world news
- 4Ukraine: Donetsk rebel weapons factory blows up | euronews, world news
- 5Vatican rocked by another paedophilia scandal | euronews, world news
- 6Two container ships collide on Egypt’s Suez Canal | euronews, no comment
- 7British Muslims’ message to ISIL: Not in my name! | euronews, world news
- 8Algeria: ISIL offshoot releases video threatening French hostage Hervé Gourdel | euronews, world news
- 9Sweden becomes first European nation to recognise Palestine | euronews, world news
- 10Thousands ‘evade’ Ebola lockdown in Sierra Leone | euronews, world news
- 11How nasheeds became the soundtrack of jihad | euronews, world news
- 12Emma Watson threatened with naked photos leak after UN equality speech | euronews, world news
- 13Iceland volcano ‘pollutes Paris’ | euronews, world news
- 14Learning through “serious games” | euronews, learning world
- 15euronews speaks to Ban Ki-moon ahead of key UN and climate change talks | euronews, the global conversation
- 16European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 17Ebola: Six new suspected cases in Spain | euronews, world news
- 18International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 19All you need to know about the Ebola virus | euronews, world news
- 20Global warming to ‘cause 250,000 extra deaths a year’ | euronews, world news
Wires > Sport
- 13:05 CET China eyes $817 billion sports sector for new economy
- 13:02 CET With Cork popped, goals finally flow for Saint Jack
- 12:24 CET Parnell out for Proteas but De Villiers backs depth
- 12:16 CET Hulkenberg secures Force India seat for 2015
- 12:05 CET Liverpool hit by Suarez loss, says Rodgers
- 11:45 CET Cheika says offered Wallabies job but no deal yet
- 09:48 CET Carter, Sonny Bill named in All Blacks tour squad
- 04:17 CET Barca need to avoid Clasico obsession, focus on Ajax