Local favourite Jurij Tepes completed an outstanding personal final ski jumping World Cup round by clinching the last event of the season in Planica on Sunday.
Less than 24 hours after winning the team competition with Slovenia, the 23 year old jumped 217m and was sixth best in round 2 with an effort of 214m for an overall total of 425.5.
Rune Velta of Norway was sixth in round one and the best of round two with a distance of 217.5m giving him a total of 423.7 to move up to second ahead of Slovenia’s Peter Prevc.
Japan’s Noriaki Kasai and Piotr Zyla of Poland finished fourth and fifth respectively.
Austria’s Gregor Schlierenzauer had a disappointing day and placed 11th to conclude an incredible season that has seen him defend his Four Hills crown and win the overall and ski flying World Cup titles.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2What will you ask US Senator John McCain? | euronews, world news
- 3Watch: Passengers ‘push-start’ frozen plane in Siberia | euronews, world news
- 4Le Pen: I admire ‘cool head’ Putin’s resistance to West’s new Cold War | euronews, interview
- 5McCain blasts Europe’s approach to Ukraine conflict ‘a joke’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 6Which countries in Europe cause the most air pollution damage? | euronews, world news
- 7Moldova pro-EU parties take narrow lead in elections | euronews, world news
- 8Grenoble: Europe’s first ad-free city | euronews, world news
- 9NATO joins search for ‘Russian submarine’ off Scottish coast | euronews, world news
- 10European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 11Obama’s ‘risky’ immigration gamble | euronews, world news
- 12Ukraine reports accident at Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant | euronews, world news
- 13Crude awakening: Romania’s Black Sea oil and gas finds fuel Europe’s energy hopes | euronews, reporter
- 14Irony as organised crime prosecutor arrested for corruption in Romania | euronews, world news
- 15The American Century comes to an end as China becomes the world’s largest economy | euronews, economy
- 16European e-revolution people rise up | euronews, world news
- 17International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 18Belgium’s former queen Fabiola dies at 86 | euronews, world news
- 19Germans demand honour for Turkish woman beaten to death | euronews, world news
- 20Chechen ‘death’ unit fighting with rebels in eastern Ukraine | euronews, world news
Wires > Sport
- 13:41 CET Arsenal hotshot Sanchez ready to haunt Liverpool
- 13:21 CET Barcelona’s Neymar available for Cordoba clash
- 13:18 CET Abidal announces retirement ‘for personal reasons’
- 13:03 CET Elite sport’s credibility on the line – Ljungqvist
- 11:55 CET Philander strikes as Windies rue controversial review
- 11:44 CET Atletico’s Simeone pleased with improving Mandzukic
- 11:22 CET Asian head wants ‘illegal Israel practices’ stopped
- 11:06 CET Rebel Simeone upsetting Spanish establishment