Local favourite Jurij Tepes completed an outstanding personal final ski jumping World Cup round by clinching the last event of the season in Planica on Sunday.
Less than 24 hours after winning the team competition with Slovenia, the 23 year old jumped 217m and was sixth best in round 2 with an effort of 214m for an overall total of 425.5.
Rune Velta of Norway was sixth in round one and the best of round two with a distance of 217.5m giving him a total of 423.7 to move up to second ahead of Slovenia’s Peter Prevc.
Japan’s Noriaki Kasai and Piotr Zyla of Poland finished fourth and fifth respectively.
Austria’s Gregor Schlierenzauer had a disappointing day and placed 11th to conclude an incredible season that has seen him defend his Four Hills crown and win the overall and ski flying World Cup titles.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Podemos: Spanish indignation in Brussels’ corridors of power | euronews, reporter
- 2Israel announces it will seize 400 acres in West Bank | euronews, world news
- 3Watch: Angry mob throw Ukraine MP into rubbish bin | euronews, world news
- 4Japan sounds bluefin warning, calls for 50% catch cut | euronews, world news
- 5Hoverbike on the horizon | euronews, hi-tech
- 6China executes eight Muslims convicted of terrorism | euronews, world news
- 7New car offers freedom for disabled drivers | euronews, hi-tech
- 83D printing: a driving force in design and engineering | euronews, hi-tech
- 9Ukraine accuses Russian aid convoy of stealing factory equipment | euronews, world news
- 10Rise of the machines | euronews, futuris
- 11Young Yazidi girl escapes Islamic State kidnappers | euronews, world news
- 12#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians | euronews, world news
- 13EU leaders name Donald Tusk European Council president | euronews, world news
- 14The business benefits of EU chemical regulation | euronews, business planet
- 15#Indyref Live: Scotland votes on independence from UK | euronews, world news
- 16Risk of fresh ash cloud threatens European air travel | euronews, world news
- 17Canada sends hilarious barb to Russia over Ukraine ‘incursions’ | euronews, world news
- 18Thousands of Catalans call for choice on split from Spain | euronews, world news
- 19Iceland puts on a show as two of its volcanoes spew out lava | euronews, world news
- 20Marine Le Pen criticises France’s decision to halt Mistral warship sale to Russia | euronews, world news
Wires > Sport
- 07:35 CET Nishikori says hopes to fill Li void in Asia
- 00:19 CET U.S. sprinter Spearmon tests positive for banned substance
- 22:16 CET English clubs agree compensation in World Cup dispute
- 22:01 CET Masked Mandzukic to return in around 10 days
- 21:57 CET Platini plans to keep luxury gift, make charity donation
- 21:54 CET Donaldson leads Ryder Cup quartet, Gallacher misses cut
- 21:50 CET FIFA faces more calls for transparency
- 19:17 CET Stunned Swedes blame ‘football politics’ for Euro 2020 snub