Local favourite Jurij Tepes completed an outstanding personal final ski jumping World Cup round by clinching the last event of the season in Planica on Sunday.
Less than 24 hours after winning the team competition with Slovenia, the 23 year old jumped 217m and was sixth best in round 2 with an effort of 214m for an overall total of 425.5.
Rune Velta of Norway was sixth in round one and the best of round two with a distance of 217.5m giving him a total of 423.7 to move up to second ahead of Slovenia’s Peter Prevc.
Japan’s Noriaki Kasai and Piotr Zyla of Poland finished fourth and fifth respectively.
Austria’s Gregor Schlierenzauer had a disappointing day and placed 11th to conclude an incredible season that has seen him defend his Four Hills crown and win the overall and ski flying World Cup titles.
- 1Coordinated terror attacks leave dozens dead in Paris
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 31000-year-old Bible found in Turkey
- 4Bomb and several shootings in central Paris – reports of fatalities and injuries
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast
- 7European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 8Police hunting Paris attacks mastermind battle with suspects in heart of Paris
- 9latest sci-tech news : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 10Humans consume more than planet can produce on ‘Earth Overshoot Day’
- 11International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 12Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 13Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news
- 14Middle East - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 15New temporary spiritual leader of Muslim Brotherhood appointed
- 16Fukushima: Tepco admits contaminated water leak into the Pacific
- 17‘Anonymous’ hackers’ group declares ‘war’ on ISIL
- 18Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 19‘Maxed-out:’ Jordan’s King Abdullah II’s frank warning over Syria crisis
- 20Iraq: deadly car bombs kill more than 60 in Baghdad
Champions League: Real Madrid hold off Shakhtar to win Group A
Embattled IAAF set to meet in Monte Carlo amid doping and corruption scandals
Britain’s Webb wins Antarctic Ice Marathon
Belgium prepare for first Davis Cup final in over a century
Rio Olympics: hockey and badminton venues under the spotlight
Wires > Sport
- 23:55 CET Former boxing champ shot to death during robbery in Atlanta
- 23:53 CET Mandzukic answers critics to send Juve into last 16
- 23:22 CET Real take top spot by thwarting Shakhtar rally
- 22:59 CET Manchester United draw to squander chance of place in last 16
- 22:51 CET Griezmann fires Atletico into last 16, Galatasaray out
- 22:46 CET Ibrahimovic’s happy homecoming as PSG thrash Malmo
- 22:44 CET Gladbach end Sevilla’s knockout stage hopes with 4-2 win
- 22:31 CET Athletics-Retired Olympic medallist Devetzi fails doping test