Local favourite Jurij Tepes completed an outstanding personal final ski jumping World Cup round by clinching the last event of the season in Planica on Sunday.
Less than 24 hours after winning the team competition with Slovenia, the 23 year old jumped 217m and was sixth best in round 2 with an effort of 214m for an overall total of 425.5.
Rune Velta of Norway was sixth in round one and the best of round two with a distance of 217.5m giving him a total of 423.7 to move up to second ahead of Slovenia’s Peter Prevc.
Japan’s Noriaki Kasai and Piotr Zyla of Poland finished fourth and fifth respectively.
Austria’s Gregor Schlierenzauer had a disappointing day and placed 11th to conclude an incredible season that has seen him defend his Four Hills crown and win the overall and ski flying World Cup titles.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Chomsky – a rebel with a cause | euronews, world news
- 3[LIVE] Germanwings passenger jet crashes in southern France, 148 people on board – authorities | euronews, world news
- 4Europe is ‘bluffing’ over Greece-Russia relations – analyst | euronews, news
- 5French Alps plane crash treated as suicide and mass murder by co-pilot | euronews, world news
- 6Why is Bulgaria the EU’s most unhappy country? | euronews, world news
- 7eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 8International news | euronews, latest international news
- 9Greece’s claim for war reparations from Germany explained | euronews, world news
- 10Former IMF chief ‘under investigation for money laundering’ | euronews, world news
- 11Pope Francis washes Rome prisoners’ feet on Holy Thursday | euronews, world news
- 12ECB chief Mario Draghi unhurt after protest during speech | euronews, world news
- 13International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 14Reaching new heights: Parents in India scale walls to ‘help students cheat’ | euronews, world news
- 15Germanwings press conference mystery: what wasn’t he supposed to say? | euronews, world news
- 16French prosecutor: Germanwings co-pilot appears to have crashed plane deliberately | euronews, world news
- 17Germany: Violence flares at anti-austerity protest against new ECB headquarters | euronews, world news
- 18European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 19[Live updates] France plane crash: damaged black box ‘can provide information’ | euronews, world news
- 20Fighting Boko Haram: Chad aims to ‘destroy’ militant group | euronews, world news
Wires > Sport
- 18:18 CET Fofana try fires Clermont to victory over gutsy Saracens
- 15:21 CET Roma’s Garcia fully focussed on Atalanta
- 14:31 CET F1 engine allowance to be discussed after Spain
- 14:23 CET Returning Hingis loses Fed Cup tie after courageous effort
- 13:57 CET Raikkonen’s Ferrari future depends on performance
- 12:56 CET Arteta confident of new Arsenal deal on return from injury
- 12:53 CET Gul to replace injured Adil in Pakistan ODI squad
- 12:20 CET Indonesia suspends local association, risks FIFA wrath