22/03/13 15:34 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
A video posted on a website used by North Korea to promote itself to the outside world shows how the country imagines defeating its American and South Korean enemies.
A Korean narration over the video tells of how North Korean troops would emerge victorious from a three-day “lightning war” after destroying US military bases in Guam and Japan and occupying its neighbour South Korea.
The video was posted to the semi-official Uriminzokkiri website, an online arm of North Korea’s central news agency.
A recent tightening of UN sanctions against North Korea have prompted the reclusive state to threaten a nuclear war with the United States and verbally scrap a 60-year ceasefire in the officially unfinished war with South Korea.
Latest world news
‘I dream of a Europe where being a migrant is not a crime’ – Pope receives Charlemagne Prize
SNP claims third win in Scotland as Labour suffers in UK elections
UN official calls for inquiry into air strike on Syria refugee camp
Canada: Alberta wildfire threatens communities south of Fort McMurray
Syria: Russian orchestra holds concert in Palmyra ruins
Wires > News
- 14:51 CET Security forces shut down Baghdad to prevent Green Zone protests
- 14:34 CET Heliopters, trucks set to remove thousands north of Canadian…
- 14:06 CET Philippine court halts rare TV attack ad showing kids against…
- 14:04 CET Hamas says does not want war but will not allow Israeli incursions
- 14:00 CET Podemos seen losing support ahead of Spanish election
- 13:59 CET Hundreds protest restart of China-backed copper mine in Myanmar
- 13:57 CET Saudi policeman shot dead in Mecca area after Islamic State raid -…
- 13:54 CET Philippine president urges ‘united front’ against maverick…