A video posted on a website used by North Korea to promote itself to the outside world shows how the country imagines defeating its American and South Korean enemies.
A Korean narration over the video tells of how North Korean troops would emerge victorious from a three-day “lightning war” after destroying US military bases in Guam and Japan and occupying its neighbour South Korea.
The video was posted to the semi-official Uriminzokkiri website, an online arm of North Korea’s central news agency.
A recent tightening of UN sanctions against North Korea have prompted the reclusive state to threaten a nuclear war with the United States and verbally scrap a 60-year ceasefire in the officially unfinished war with South Korea.
- 1Putin adds diplomatic strand to bolster Syrian air strikes
- 2Russian cruise missiles strikes prompt global aviation officials to issue safety alerts
- 3Russia tries to reassure Saudi Arabia over Syria air strikes
- 4Iraqi military claims to have killed several senior ISIL members including leader al – Baghdadi
- 5Belarus election: Lukashenko wins landslide of more than 80 percent – exit polls
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 3Latest News Bulletin
- 4At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 5Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 6[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 7International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 8Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 9International news | euronews, latest international news
- 10Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 11Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 12Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 13Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 14Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 15Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job
- 16Israel agents ‘incite’ stone-throwing in West Bank
- 17Hungary’s army can shoot rubber bullets and tear gas at refugees
- 18Fifa suspends Blatter, Platini and Valcke
- 19Catalan president Artur Mas charged with organising illegal independence referendum
- 20[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections
Wires > News
- 06:48 CET China’s army sends vehicles seized in graft crackdown to border…
- 04:19 CET New Zealand police arrest man over infant formula contamination…
- 03:55 CET Special Report – Battling for India’s soul, state by state
- 02:00 CET Washington state man who moved a river ordered to pay restitution
- 01:05 CET Clashes in Kosovo after opposition figure arrested
- 23:09 CET Wildfires burn homes, prompt evacuations in Wyoming, Idaho
- 22:57 CET Yemen’s Saleh says ready to commit to U.N. peace terms
- 22:37 CET Ex-governor of Mexican state of Colima shot and wounded