A video posted on a website used by North Korea to promote itself to the outside world shows how the country imagines defeating its American and South Korean enemies.
A Korean narration over the video tells of how North Korean troops would emerge victorious from a three-day “lightning war” after destroying US military bases in Guam and Japan and occupying its neighbour South Korea.
The video was posted to the semi-official Uriminzokkiri website, an online arm of North Korea’s central news agency.
A recent tightening of UN sanctions against North Korea have prompted the reclusive state to threaten a nuclear war with the United States and verbally scrap a 60-year ceasefire in the officially unfinished war with South Korea.
- 1Pope Francis kisses hands of Holocaust survivors
- 23D, 360° virtual reality is ready to launch – on an adult film
- 3Bombing in Syria not World War III, says Russia’s EU ambassador
- 4Migrant crisis: Hungary poised to shut unofficial border crossings with Croatia
- 5Syria: We believe that Russia has the wrong strategy, says US
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 10Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 11Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 12[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 13Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 14International news | euronews, latest international news
- 15Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 16Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 17Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 18What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 19[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections
- 20Israel agents ‘incite’ stone-throwing in West Bank
Wires > News
- 01:59 CET Student charged with killing one, wounding three at Arizona…
- 01:43 CET China says U.S. human rights report biased
- 01:11 CET Western countries say endorse unity government for Libya
- 00:56 CET Gunmen kill three Burkina Faso gendarmes near Mali border
- 00:26 CET Exclusive – U.S. warns governments, bankers Iran sanctions still…
- 23:57 CET Pre-election clash in Guinea capital kills two, wounds 33
- 23:14 CET Two alleged Hezbollah associates face U.S. arms, money laundering…
- 23:08 CET Protester killed in unrest in Iraq’s Kurdistan region