Austria’s Gregor Schlierenzauer kept his composure to clinch the 50th individual win of his career in the penultimate event of the season in Planica on Friday.
The 23 year old, who claimed the ski jumping World Cup title four events ago cleared 217.5m for 200.6 points in round one and totalled 412.2 to secure a hard fought win ahead of local favourite Peter Prevc.
Poland’s Piotr Zyla, who shared victory with Schlierenzauer in Oslo, completed the podium and this win sees the young Austrian sensation become the first ski jumper ever to record 50 individual World Cup wins.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 8Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 9Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 10Latest News Bulletin
- 11International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 12BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 13Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 14‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 15At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 16Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 17Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 18Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 19Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
- 20European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
Wires > Sport
- 14:05 CET World Rugby expects ‘white-knuckle ride’ with Rio stadium
- 14:03 CET Leach takes hat-trick with first three balls of match
- 11:50 CET Selfies and six packs to derail Arsenal’s title hopes: Keane
- 11:23 CET Beale standing in the Wallabies wings waiting for his part
- 10:54 CET Paraguay backs Platini for FIFA president
- 10:51 CET Sport rocked by ‘wild’ doping allegations
- 07:44 CET Rome does not plan referendum for 2024 Olympics bid
- 07:07 CET Osborne called into All Blacks squad, Kerr-Barlow returns