Austria’s Gregor Schlierenzauer kept his composure to clinch the 50th individual win of his career in the penultimate event of the season in Planica on Friday.
The 23 year old, who claimed the ski jumping World Cup title four events ago cleared 217.5m for 200.6 points in round one and totalled 412.2 to secure a hard fought win ahead of local favourite Peter Prevc.
Poland’s Piotr Zyla, who shared victory with Schlierenzauer in Oslo, completed the podium and this win sees the young Austrian sensation become the first ski jumper ever to record 50 individual World Cup wins.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 13:34 CET Scholes returns to help Man United interim manager Giggs
- 13:00 CET Bulls suffer blow as Van der Merwe picks up ban
- 12:36 CET Groggy Stenson hopes to kick-start season at China event
- 12:31 CET Barcelona transfer ban lifted pending appeal
- 11:58 CET Atletico need Costa inspiration at Stamford Bridge
- 11:23 CET Vietnam club make last 16 despite match-fixing admission
- 10:42 CET Struggling Nuremberg sack coach Verbeek
- 10:28 CET Bayern says ties with rivals Dortmund have frozen