Austria’s Gregor Schlierenzauer kept his composure to clinch the 50th individual win of his career in the penultimate event of the season in Planica on Friday.
The 23 year old, who claimed the ski jumping World Cup title four events ago cleared 217.5m for 200.6 points in round one and totalled 412.2 to secure a hard fought win ahead of local favourite Peter Prevc.
Poland’s Piotr Zyla, who shared victory with Schlierenzauer in Oslo, completed the podium and this win sees the young Austrian sensation become the first ski jumper ever to record 50 individual World Cup wins.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 18:41 CET Liverpool sign Belgian Origi and loan him back to Lille
- 18:31 CET Ecclestone seeks to settle German bribery case
- 18:23 CET Macho sport looks to feminine side in women’s World Cup
- 17:58 CET Genk fire coach after opening game of the season
- 17:44 CET Barkley agrees new contract at Everton
- 17:42 CET Long arm of the law foiled in Glasgow
- 17:38 CET Messi could help us expand in Russia, say Barcelona
- 17:29 CET Juve’s Vidal staying and not Man United bound – Allegri