A North Korean propaganda video showing an imagined invasion of the South Korea has been published online.
The four-minute film depicts what is described by the narration as a “lightning” three-day war.
The footage also shows the North Korean military destroying US bases in Japan and Guam.
The video posting comes at a time of high tension between Pyongyang and the international community.
Kim Jong-un’s regime carried out a nuclear test last month in defiance of United Nations resolutions. The UN stepped up sanctions following the test and Pyongyang responded with threatening the United States with attack.
North Korea also announced earlier this month that it will no longer adhere to the 1953 armistice that ended the war on the Korean peninsula.
- 1Pope Francis kisses hands of Holocaust survivors
- 23D, 360° virtual reality is ready to launch – on an adult film
- 3France claims Russian jets have struck rebel, not IS forces in Homs
- 4Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 5Bombing in Syria not World War III, says Russia’s EU ambassador
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 9Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 10Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 11Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13Denmark: launches anti-migrant ad campaign
- 14Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 15Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 18Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 19Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job
- 20[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
Latest world news
Putin’s Syrian operations ‘planned with Iranian general’
Turkey said to offer Russia cooperation over Syria to reduce tension
Hungary’s first democratic president Árpád Göncz, dies 93
Taking the Arctic route: migrants cycle from Russia to Norway
Indonesian forest fires blanket region in smoke
Wires > News
- 07:29 CET Heavy Russian strikes hit western Syria – monitor
- 06:35 CET Japan’s Abe set to keep allies in key posts as attention returns…
- 06:11 CET Malaysia’s rulers call for quick action on scandal dogging state…
- 04:39 CET Insight – How Iranian general plotted out Syrian assault in Moscow
- 04:31 CET Journalist who allegedly helped hackers makes final pitch to jury
- 04:13 CET Policeman dies amid labour dispute at Nicaragua gold mine
- 03:30 CET Australian court tests legality of offshore detention for asylum…
- 02:46 CET Portuguese president asks PM to form government to ensure stability