22/03/13 19:03 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
A North Korean propaganda video showing an imagined invasion of the South Korea has been published online.
The four-minute film depicts what is described by the narration as a “lightning” three-day war.
The footage also shows the North Korean military destroying US bases in Japan and Guam.
The video posting comes at a time of high tension between Pyongyang and the international community.
Kim Jong-un’s regime carried out a nuclear test last month in defiance of United Nations resolutions. The UN stepped up sanctions following the test and Pyongyang responded with threatening the United States with attack.
North Korea also announced earlier this month that it will no longer adhere to the 1953 armistice that ended the war on the Korean peninsula.
Wires > News
- 10:15 CET Two Tunisians killed in landmine blast near Algerian border -…
- 10:13 CET Bahrain toughens jail term on opposition leader to nine years -…
- 10:10 CET U.S.-backed Syrian alliance widens offensive near IS capital
- 09:58 CET EU’s Juncker plans to visit Russia in June
- 09:18 CET More than 20 killed in series of bombings in Baghdad, police says
- 09:07 CET Turk formin to launch process of re-opening Tripoli embassy -…
- 09:04 CET Three people killed in flooding in southwestern Germany
- 09:01 CET New photo of Japanese hostage appears with message pleading for…