22/03/13 19:03 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
A North Korean propaganda video showing an imagined invasion of the South Korea has been published online.
The four-minute film depicts what is described by the narration as a “lightning” three-day war.
The footage also shows the North Korean military destroying US bases in Japan and Guam.
The video posting comes at a time of high tension between Pyongyang and the international community.
Kim Jong-un’s regime carried out a nuclear test last month in defiance of United Nations resolutions. The UN stepped up sanctions following the test and Pyongyang responded with threatening the United States with attack.
North Korea also announced earlier this month that it will no longer adhere to the 1953 armistice that ended the war on the Korean peninsula.
- 1Istanbul attack: suspects thought to hail from former USSR
- 2UK: who are the Famous Five?
- 3Putin rejects new arms race and builds bridges with Turkey
- 4The EU’s 27 leaders ‘unite’ as they view the future minus the UK
- 5Brussels summit closes with questions on how the European Union will function in the future in the wake of Brexit
- 1Dozens are killed and wounded in multiple suicide bomb attacks on Istanbul’s Ataturk airport
- 2Italian actor Bud Spencer dies at 86
- 3Suspected ISIL bombers kill 36 and wound dozens at Istanbul airport
- 4Terror in Turkey: attack at Ataturk airport leaves 41 dead and scores injured
- 5Feisty Farage tells MEPs ‘You’re not laughing now’
Wires > News
- 01:56 CET U.S. urges leaders of Armenia, Azerbaijan to avoid tensions
- 01:51 CET Woman dies, children hurt in Bahrain bomb blast – police
- 01:44 CET Trump floats idea of using NATO in fight against Islamic State
- 01:32 CET Document spells out FBI rules to get journalists’ phone records -…
- 01:15 CET Lower voting age leaves many wondering ‘Where’s Japan’s Bernie?‘
- 01:12 CET Hopes for democracy crushed in the Chinese rebel village of Wukan
- 00:53 CET Obama administration calls on private sector to assist refugees
- 23:10 CET U.S., Russia discuss Syria cooperation if Assad halts some strikes