Berlin became a Mecca for musicians for one night as the annual Echo Awards were handed out to the great and the glamorous.
Among them American singer Lana Del Rey, who took two awards including ‘Best International Newcomer’.
Punk band Die Toten Hosen took the prize for ‘Best German rock/pop Group’ and Led Zeppelin members Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones accepted a life time achievement gong on behalf of the band.
“As long as we can be an inspiration, either as a group or individually or whatever… I mean as far as I’m concerned, that is my life time achievement: that people will be inspired by the music,” said guitarist Jimmy Page.
Other winners included Lena Meyer-Landrut’s Stardust which won Best National Video and Ivy Quainoo picked up ‘Best National Female Artist’.
Latest world news
Baghdad protesters leave Green Zone but vow to keep up pressure over corruption
National issues highlighted in Europe’s May Day rallies
From Jerusalem to Damascus to Moscow, Orthodox Christians celebrate Easter
Brussels airport departure hall reopens after terror attacks
Dozens killed in ISIL suicide blasts in southern Iraq
Wires > News
- 23:05 CET Islamic State boosts attacks in response to territorial losses -…
- 22:43 CET French far-right veteran Le Pen predicts daughter’s failure in…
- 21:49 CET Bomb attack in southeast Turkey wounds 10 troops, Kurdish…
- 21:47 CET Puerto Rico faces default as governor plans to address island
- 21:30 CET Yemen officials say peace talks suspended after Houthis seize base
- 21:28 CET Bergdahl defense can access classified information, court rules
- 21:11 CET Connecticut governor honored for welcoming Syrian refugees
- 21:07 CET Cash-flush California GOP allows chairman to seek third term