22/03/13 17:43 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
A contestant in the French version of the reality television show Survivor has died after suffering a heart attack during filming in Cambodia.
Gérald Babin, 25, was taking part in the first day of filming of the 16th season of Koh-Lanta as the programme is called in France. The contestants were carrying out the first of the game show’s tasks after arriving in Cambodia when Babin suffered a series of heart attacks. He was pronounced dead shortly after arriving at hospital.
Filming has been suspended and the production team and contestants repatriated to Paris. Psychological therapists have been called to treat those taking part in the show as well as Babin’s family and girlfriend back in France.
- 1Incredible scenes in the Turkish parliament
- 2Denmark extends controls on German border, EU set to allow more Schengen exceptions
- 3Three Earth-like planets found outside the Solar System
- 4Palestinians condemn Eurovision Song Contest for flag ban
- 5Rebels launch surprise attack on Aleppo – Syrian state TV
Wires > News
- 15:06 CET U.S. says it, allies to do more to combat Islamic State
- 15:05 CET EU proposes scheme to share out asylum seekers
- 14:57 CET Wildfire destroys homes in Canadian city; delays hit evacuation
- 14:54 CET South Africa’s EFF party ejected from parliament ahead of Zuma…
- 14:44 CET Beijing’s top paper reminds Taiwan’s new leader there’s just ‘one…
- 14:39 CET Syria withholds aid to 900,000, risks new siege in Aleppo – U.N.
- 14:23 CET Russia says will respond to NATO deployment in Poland, Baltics
- 14:10 CET Turkey’s pro-Kurdish opposition says lifting immunity will bring…