In Olympus Has Fallen, a thriller about a terrorist attack on the White House, Gerard Butler plays a disgraced former guard who finds himself trapped inside the White House in the wake of a terrorist attack. Using his inside knowledge he takes on the bad guys in a desperate lone struggle to prevent the country falling into their hands.
Actor Aaron Eckhart, who plays the US President in the movie, said the film is about ordinary folk rising to heroic heights. “It is about the secret service, our heroes. The unseen heroes that protect the president, that protect the nation. Every day that we don’t have a terrorist attack is a good day. Sometimes they make mistakes, sometimes we all make mistakes. So it is about redemption really.”
The film, directed by Antoinie Fuqua, also stars Morgan Freeman.
- 114-year-old model reignites underage catwalk controversy
- 2Bulgarian businessman turns passion for Soviet-era cars into museum spectacle
- 3The enthralling colourful timbres of Dutch violin virtuoso Janine Jansen
- 4Eurovision logo says a lot about EU’s health
- 5Me Before You: small-town girl meets quadriplegic boy
latest cinema news
Fritz Bauer: Sometimes the only way to save your country is to betray it
Coming to a screen near you this summer
Best foot forward for Millepied in documentary ‘Reset’
Tom Hanks’ latest film takes him on journey of self-discovery
Cinema news: ‘The Jungle Book’ tops global box office