In Olympus Has Fallen, a thriller about a terrorist attack on the White House, Gerard Butler plays a disgraced former guard who finds himself trapped inside the White House in the wake of a terrorist attack. Using his inside knowledge he takes on the bad guys in a desperate lone struggle to prevent the country falling into their hands.
Actor Aaron Eckhart, who plays the US President in the movie, said the film is about ordinary folk rising to heroic heights. “It is about the secret service, our heroes. The unseen heroes that protect the president, that protect the nation. Every day that we don’t have a terrorist attack is a good day. Sometimes they make mistakes, sometimes we all make mistakes. So it is about redemption really.”
The film, directed by Antoinie Fuqua, also stars Morgan Freeman.
- 1Hockney exhibition offers intimate snapshot of the Los Angeles art world
- 214-year-old model reignites underage catwalk controversy
- 3The necropolis of Orthi Petra opens a window to the Homeric world
- 4Diana Damrau wows Paris in Lucia di Lammermoor
- 5The Phenom: a journey into a player’s heart of darkness
latest cinema news
‘Aquarius’: an extraordinary woman’s battle against unscrupulous real estate developers
Zac Efron and Anna Kendrick premiere ‘Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates’ in Los Angeles
Soccer for peace
“Captain Fantastic” sees a father takes his kids into the woods, and out again
The Phenom: a journey into a player’s heart of darkness