18/03/13 19:32 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
In the Somali capital Mogadishu, a suicide car bomber has killed at least ten people near the presidential palace.
Islamist militant group al Shabaab says it carried out the attack.
Al Shabaab spokesman Sheikh Ali Mohamud Rage said the target was Mogadishu security chief Khalif Ahmed Ileg – and that Ileg was seriously injured in the blast.
Latest world news
The United Nations appeals to save the truce and negotiations in Syria
Brexit campaign is told to focus on immigration
Iran votes in second round of parliamentary elections
Syria: Aleppo hit again as death toll from earlier hospital attack ‘rises to 50’
Berlin and Vienna pressure Rome to take responsibility for migrants
Wires > News
- 19:42 CET Aviation industry seeks EU intervention in Britain-Spain row over…
- 19:19 CET U.N. chief open to helping in Iran-U.S. dispute over assets
- 19:14 CET Argentine unions flex muscle in anti-government street protest
- 18:56 CET Strike on Afghan hospital last year not a war crime – U.S. military
- 18:50 CET ‘Monstrous’ violence in Syria as government excludes Aleppo from…
- 18:42 CET McDonald’s probes copycat burger joint in separatist east Ukraine
- 18:17 CET Iran moderates eye more gains in run-off parliamentary election
- 18:06 CET U.N. demands restoration of Western Sahara mission