Frankfurt airport has re-opened after heavy snow caused severe disruption.
Hundreds of flights have been canceled or delayed.
Frankfurt is Europe’s third-busiest hub and despite being open for business more chaos is expected throughout the day.
The Eurostar high-speed train link between London, Paris and Brussels has also been a victim of the weather.
Brussels airport announced a reduced service.
The Channel Islands normally immune from extreme weather has suffered its worst conditions in decades.
Parts of southern England have been snowed under and police in the county of Sussex have been called to 300 road traffic accidents.
Authorities say that conditions are now beginning to improve after intensive overnight work to clear roads.
- 1Huge rally in Berlin says ‘No’ to EU-US trade deal
- 2Protests against the Ankara bombing end in clashes in Istanbul and Diyabakir
- 3Manhunt begins in Turkey for authors of nation’s worst-ever terrorist atrocity
- 4Deadly Ankara blasts highly likely to be suicide bombings, says Turkish PM
- 5Dutch police arrest 11 following refugee-shelter attack
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 3Latest News Bulletin
- 4At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 5Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 6International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 7Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 8Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 9[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 10International news | euronews, latest international news
- 11Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 12Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 13Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 14Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 15Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job
- 16Israel agents ‘incite’ stone-throwing in West Bank
- 17Hungary’s army can shoot rubber bullets and tear gas at refugees
- 18Fifa suspends Blatter, Platini and Valcke
- 19Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 20Catalan president Artur Mas charged with organising illegal independence referendum
Latest world news
Families brace for ‘final’ MH17 air crash report
Deadly weekend for Nigeria’s neighbours amid attacks blamed on Boko Haram
No charges for US dentist who killed Cecil the African lion
Six arrested after Air France demo over job losses
Police drop guard on Julian Assange at Ecuadorian embassy
Wires > News
- 03:10 CET Special Reports – Battling for India’s soul, state by state
- 02:54 CET NZ police arrest man over infant formula contamination threat
- 02:00 CET Washington state man who moved a river ordered to pay restitution
- 01:05 CET Clashes in Kosovo after opposition figure arrested
- 23:09 CET Wildfires burn homes, prompt evacuations in Wyoming, Idaho
- 22:57 CET Yemen’s Saleh says ready to commit to U.N. peace terms
- 22:37 CET Ex-governor of Mexican state of Colima shot and wounded
- 22:17 CET Two Tunisian soldiers killed in clashes with militants