Frankfurt airport has re-opened after heavy snow caused severe disruption.
Hundreds of flights have been canceled or delayed.
Frankfurt is Europe’s third-busiest hub and despite being open for business more chaos is expected throughout the day.
The Eurostar high-speed train link between London, Paris and Brussels has also been a victim of the weather.
Brussels airport announced a reduced service.
The Channel Islands normally immune from extreme weather has suffered its worst conditions in decades.
Parts of southern England have been snowed under and police in the county of Sussex have been called to 300 road traffic accidents.
Authorities say that conditions are now beginning to improve after intensive overnight work to clear roads.
Wires > News
- 22:00 CET Ohio zoo defends shooting of gorilla after boy fell in enclosure
- 21:33 CET White House back to normal after partial lockdown – Secret Service
- 21:00 CET Brazil’s Temer pressed to drop anti-corruption minister
- 20:40 CET Outrage mounts over gorilla killing in boy’s rescue at Ohio zoo
- 20:20 CET Libyan oil guard says captures coastal town from Islamic State…
- 20:07 CET Drowned baby picture captures week of tragedy in Mediterranean
- 19:31 CET Japan puts military on alert for possible North Korea missile…
- 19:25 CET Chad’s ex-leader Habre, Cold War-era ally of West, gets life in…