Travellers face chaos across northern Europe as snow has blocked motorways and airports.
Flights between Paris and Frankfurt were cancelled and the Eurostar train service between London, Paris and Brussels has been suspended because of the weather.
There were huge traffic jams across Belgium and northern France. Some towns in the north of France were cut off by more than 50cm of snow, and there have been many reports of electricity cuts.
In the south of the UK, roads were blocked by snow and hundreds of drivers were trapped in their cars.
A group of 120 German school children had to be given emergency accommodation in Hastings Town Hall when they became stranded by the weather conditions.
In Germany the snow caused chaos on the roads, and Frankfurt airport had to be closed with hundreds of flights cancelled.
- 1Dozens are killed and wounded in multiple suicide bomb attacks on Istanbul’s Ataturk airport
- 2Italian actor Bud Spencer dies at 86
- 3Suspected ISIL bombers kill 36 and wound dozens at Istanbul airport
- 4Terror in Turkey: attack at Ataturk airport leaves 41 dead and scores injured
- 5Feisty Farage tells MEPs ‘You’re not laughing now’
Wires > News
- 21:59 CET Saudi Arabia ‘alarmed and outraged’ by rights groups’ criticism
- 21:47 CET Argentina, Peru seek closer energy ties with Chile
- 21:35 CET Nigeria’s Buhari urges Delta leaders to calm region after attacks
- 21:27 CET Trump raises questions about Bill Clinton meeting amid probe
- 21:11 CET Palestinian kills teen in Israeli settlement, then shot dead
- 21:11 CET Turkish court frees two press-freedom campaigners, third still in…
- 21:05 CET U.S. downgrades Myanmar, raises Thailand in human trafficking…
- 21:01 CET Argentina corruption cops search properties of ex-leader Fernandez