Travellers face chaos across northern Europe as snow has blocked motorways and airports.
Flights between Paris and Frankfurt were cancelled and the Eurostar train service between London, Paris and Brussels has been suspended because of the weather.
There were huge traffic jams across Belgium and northern France. Some towns in the north of France were cut off by more than 50cm of snow, and there have been many reports of electricity cuts.
In the south of the UK, roads were blocked by snow and hundreds of drivers were trapped in their cars.
A group of 120 German school children had to be given emergency accommodation in Hastings Town Hall when they became stranded by the weather conditions.
In Germany the snow caused chaos on the roads, and Frankfurt airport had to be closed with hundreds of flights cancelled.
- 1Poland ‘has located’ buried Nazi treasure train
- 2Destination northern Europe: thousands make daily ‘journey of death’
- 3Disruption continues after travellers end French motorway blockade
- 4Martin Schulz attacks ‘cynical’ EU governments over migrants crisis
- 5Palestinian women and children force Israeli soldier to release boy
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 6Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 7Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 8Latest News Bulletin
- 9Why World Elephant Day matters
- 10International news | euronews, latest international news
- 11UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 12Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 13ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 14Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 15Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 16Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 17As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 18Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
Wires > News
- 03:01 CET Obama says world must reach climate deal in Paris ‘while we still…
- 02:52 CET Suspect in Houston-area shooting of deputy appears in court
- 02:02 CET IMF approves second disbursement to Ghana
- 01:17 CET Palestinians, Israeli soldier wounded during West Bank raid
- 23:04 CET Analysis – Japan nuclear power outlook bleak despite first reactor…
- 23:00 CET Car bomb damages Italy’s ENI joint venture office in Libyan capital
- 22:20 CET Syrian court acquits free-speech campaigner
- 22:15 CET Greek banks must be recapitalised before capital controls go -…