Cartoon Movie is a co-production forum held in the French city of Lyon, aiming to create partnerships and raise funds for European animated films. More than 700 people from 40 different countries took part. Since its inception back in 1999, more than 200 animated features have manage to find financing here.
Spanish hit film “Tad The Lost Explorer” is a 3D comedy adventure about a construction worker who becomes a daredevil treasure hunter in Peru. The film has won three major prizes and broken all box office records in Spain for an animated movie.
Prize-winning French-Belgian-Luxembourger co-production “Ernest et Célestine”, has also been a big success. It tells the story of the unlikely friendship between a bear, Ernest, and a mouse, Célestine.
Another famous adaptation for the screen shown at the forum was a new version of Pinocchio by Italian filmmaker Enzo d’Alo.
Music! is the new project being developed by French director Patrice Leconte. It is about a young girl who is passionate about music. It is a comedy but it asks what might happen in one day music were to be banned from the world.
- 1Leonardo Da Vinci – the imagination and inventions of a genius
- 214-year-old model reignites underage catwalk controversy
- 3The Survivalist charts ruthlessness of a post-apocalyptic world
- 4Honour killings are premeditated murders, says director of A Girl in the River
- 5Vogue celebrates its 100th birthday in style at London’s National Portrait Gallery
- 114-year-old model reignites underage catwalk controversy
- 2The epic race to the South Pole on the operatic stage
- 3Postcards from Uzbekistan: The Ak-Saray Palace, Shakhrisabz
- 4Russia’s Pussy Riot mocks prosecutor general Yury Chaika in new video
- 5Coldplay in hot water for using Indian culture in video
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 4Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 5Partnering to grow Europe
- 6Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 7Turkey: Explosion hits Istanbul’s main tourist district
- 8Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 9Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 10Macedonian Postcards: The Mavrovo National Park
- 11Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 12Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 13latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 14Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 15Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 16Merroussis clinches the 33rd Athens Authentic Marathon
- 17Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 18Humans consume more than planet can produce on ‘Earth Overshoot Day’
- 19International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 20Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news
latest cinema news
The Survivalist charts ruthlessness of a post-apocalyptic world
Honour killings are premeditated murders, says director of A Girl in the River
Colonia is more than just a history lesson – Gallenberger
Story of a reunited friendship, ‘Truman’ triumphs at Spain’s Goya Awards
Race to the Oscars: The runners and riders